Dunfermline v Alloa (the Athletic derby)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0 and you f****d it up...

As previous posts stated our boys don’t know when they’re beaten...

Game of 2 halves, in the 1st half it was as bad as I’ve seen us play this season, every time Dunfermline broke I thought it was going to be another goal...

Great goals by Trouts but the 1st one took an unbelievably long time to get over the line. I was sure someone was going to come in and clear it off the line...

Great hold up play and vision by Spency to get the ball to Trouts who stroked the ball with ease into the net...Happy days...[emoji1303]

i cant blame Dunfermline fans for being a bit miffed but thought the booing 
was a bit much..

That’s been our home from all season, the fans are well within their rights to show their disappointment and frustration. I don’t get booing, but the manager and player needs to know how poor we are.

Just now, JFPar said:

That’s been our home from all season, the fans are well within their rights to show their disappointment and frustration. I don’t get booing, but the manager and player needs to know how poor we are.

fair enough but ask any sport phsychologist and they will tell you it is detrimental to an athletes performance , regardless of the "fight  or flight" that a player may chose to react with.

fair enough but ask any sport phsychologist and they will tell you it is detrimental to an athletes performance , regardless of the "fight  or flight" that a player may chose to react with.

Jesus they couldn’t get any worse. You sound like our chairman.

Players play Managers Manage but what I see at Dunfermline is no heart and Johnston just stands with his hands in his pocket . his time must be up soon and the things is any team in that division going on a run of 5/6 wins they will be in the play offs 

If Dunfermline won today they were 3 points of the play offs . and couldn't win but huge credit goes to Jim Goodwin and his players Hunger and commitment for all to see

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Booing was at the end of the game. No booing during it, so no effect on the performance. It was the right time for Pars fans to let them know their feelings. That second half is simply not acceptable.

5 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Some fans say oh we can't afford to get rid of him 

You can't afford to keep him any longer he will cost  you a play off place 

Simple 

But who gets the Job . 

Goodwin 

Archibald 

Lennon ( Danny that is )

Crawford 

Spoiler

See the source image

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yep, that's how simple it is to out think our manager. Don't want to discredit Alloa though. That is probably the best part time side I've seen in 35 years of going to football.

Surely within that timescale there were part-time sides winning promotion to the top tier? Dumbarton can make a good claim too for a few years when they weren't even fighting relegation, and Hartley's Alloa were 4th in this league at Christmas. But as printer said, this is certainly a special Alloa team with a lot of talent and absolute bucket loads of spirit. I was thinking when people were saying we produced the worst half of the season that the players could be excused an off day after months of consistently matching pretty much everyone. Should have known better. Terrific effort to turn it around and grab another point. 

Regarding the team being so well drilled, it certainly helps that the spine of the team has been in place for a few years now, and really good pros too, players who clearly work on fitness in their own time and look after themselves. Goodwin has had great success by adding good Premier League loans to that established nucleus. How well he can do it again over the next few weeks will shape the rest of our season. Whatever happens, it has been a tremendous effort so far. 

Pars were in the 3rd tier when Alloa were 4th by christmas. Also the part-time teams of the 80/90s were nowhere near as fit and organised as the teams these days.

I'm maybe missing out on a better example but I was very impressed by Alloa second half. Totally took advantage of our ineptitude.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

I hope they get booed next time they come on the pitch, they've been absolutely shocking for most of the season. 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Booing was at the end of the game. No booing during it, so no effect on the performance. It was the right time for Pars fans to let them know their feelings. That second half is simply not acceptable.

I Get that, but it is said it affects the said players /Athletes in all games events when things are not going as planned.

you know ..confidence and all that..

Yes Dunfermline with their history ground and fan following do deserve better I am aware of the European victories in the past when Dunfermline were a class Scottish team , (mind you look at raith ! snigger …)and also any team that plays "into the valley" before a game should expect %100 effort

loved the skids , and met Stuart Adamson when I delivered furniture to his house back in the day,

I make these comments as I personally never verbally abuse a player for that reason,  that said  a team like Alloa with the limited funds and player recruitment HAVE to give %100 or they are doomed for sure.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

I must be misunderstanding because surely you can't be implying that players and managers don't know they've been poor unless they get booed?

Archived