Dunfermline v Alloa (the Athletic derby)

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
You do know that we won the game at Falkirk?
His use, or non-use, of subs is definitely frustrating though.

He totally ruined us with his changes though and there was no need for it.

The game was won when he made the first sub, which was in the 71st minute, and was a striker for a striker.

The next sub was on the 79th minute and was a slight midfield rejig. Last sub was 87th minute.

Not really having that subs ruined that game. Think we'd declared after the 4th. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought in the first half we were going to get well skelped, we were poor  but probably down to Dunfermline being rather good (first half)

When Flanny scored that own goal (poor guy felt bad for him) I thought this was going to be one of those days.

Second half you were not as good , we tightened up a bit and were better, 2 good goals from a guy who was rated to be not good enough for the Championship

Trouten loves scoring against you guys … A  2-2 Draw and one team booed off and the other lauded..i cant blame Dunfermline fans for being a bit miffed but thought the booing 

was a bit much..

we never give up it is a splendid trait these players have, they are never beaten till the final whistle. they make goodwins job that bit easier..

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Reaction on social media and after the game a lot more poisonous than usual. Hopefully the board get a grip and give him the bullet.

For whatever reason (my guess is financial) I think that unfortunately he'll be here until the end of the season at least. 

For whatever reason (my guess is financial) I think that unfortunately he'll be here until the end of the season at least. 

If I keep saying it it might happen [emoji17]

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

What did parry do ? do tell ….

When your second hit the net ran along the NW ears cupped who gave him it tight for the free kick (I missed what happened think he pushed one of our players or something to take it) and then ran along the Norrie, he was in his element. I thought Falkirk might be in for his as he's a decent keeper

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

When your second hit the net ran along the NW ears cupped who gave him it tight for the free kick (I missed what happened think he pushed one of our players or something to take it) and then ran along the Norrie, he was in his element. I thought Falkirk might be in for his as he's a decent keeper

:lol:. Ermmm  nice one 

best part time keeper in Scotland by many people's opinion, he wants to stay part time as far as I know so doubt any move away.

Think he slipped taking the free kick as well and the Dunfermline fans cheered

It was the right result. Game of two halves. I think first half showed the quality within our team and what we are capable of. Second half showed aa manager that changed things around and our manager that had no answers.

If there was ever a game that showed up Allan Johnston as a poor tactician, it was this one.  Not good enough. To late for change now though.

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Goodwin quoted as "tweaking the midfield "at half time on BBC

Yep, that's how simple it is to out think our manager. Don't want to discredit Alloa though. That is probably the best part time side I've seen in 35 years of going to football.

When your second hit the net ran along the NW ears cupped

Delighted to hear that.

What an Alloa team this is! Just don't know when they are beaten, matching full--time teams for fitness, organisation and football every week.

That's four of the last five games we have been behind (two of them two down) and we have won one and drawn the other three. A real credit to Goody, his staff and the players.

I think our poor start may have been partly down to the number of changes we made, maybe Dunfermline starting well was also a factor. Trout's equaliser was a classy finish. Bring on Morton.

23 minutes ago, printer said:

Delighted to hear that.

What an Alloa team this is! Just don't know when they are beaten, matching full--time teams for fitness, organisation and football every week.

That's four of the last five games we have been behind (two of them two down) and we have won one and drawn the other three. A real credit to Goody, his staff and the players.

I think our poor start may have been partly down to the number of changes we made, maybe Dunfermline starting well was also a factor. Trout's equaliser was a classy finish. Bring on Morton.

You guys still training twice a week? Genuinely look far more drilled than a team with a few hours of prep a week? Don't think I have ever watched a team with as much dig as your team, enjoy this spell if you don't stay up it won't be for lack of trying that's for sure! We did play well in the first half but were out performed fought by Alloa in the second and that is criminal.

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

You guys still training twice a week? Genuinely look far more drilled than a team with a few hours of prep a week? Don't think I have ever watched a team with as much dig as your team, enjoy this spell if you don't stay up it won't be for lack of trying that's for sure! We did play well in the first half but were out performed fought by Alloa in the second and that is criminal.

yep Tuesdays and Thursdays, Monday this week (Hogmanay)  not sure if we trained on Thursday...

Just now, whereismillar said:

yep Tuesdays and Thursdays, Monday this week (Hogmanay)  not sure if we trained on Thursday...

pretty incredible, however Dumbarton did it for long enough. Just shows that just because a PT team comes up through the play offs they don't need to be utterly hopeless like Brechin last year.

Archived