Dunfermline v Alloa (the Athletic derby)

Thought the refereeing was inconsistent and both assistants struggled to back him up in decisions. Any other time of game Herrington is off for an absolutely terrible challenge. Dario could also have picked up a red for Elbow to head granted this was out of frustration by treatment being given to him through the game which went unpunished.

Robinson (the rodent) should have had a penalty against him for shoving trouten to ground when clearing his lines. How the assistant missed it.
A number of foul throws not given for both sides then picks up on one near the end. Then his assistant puts flag up to get a sub booked for telling him you missed four before you gave that one.

I was frustrated at Zanatta repeatedly getting away with his diving, not sure why Zanatta would be frustrated about that though?

Robinson frustrates me, more interested in picking a fight with an opponent/trying to wind them up, than playing his own game. Only gets away with a lot of his antics because he’s a goalkeeper and for some reason they get ridiculous protection.

As for the throw ins, there was nothing I can recall that seemed an obvious foul throw. Your sub also called the linesman over and seemed to be asking for a fight, with his body language. Definitely dissent.

For what it’s worth, Devine should have got a second yellow, but ref totally bottled it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Robinson frustrates me, more interested in picking a fight with an opponent/trying to wind them up, than playing his own game. Only gets away with a lot of his antics because he’s a goalkeeper and for some reason they get ridiculous protection.

Yip that's him .Angry Ginga .

While yesterday was disappointing, I feel it is worth pointing out that no team has beaten Alloa for quite a while..... Still a massively disappointing result when two nil up at half time tho :o

It's hugely unrealistic to expect referees to be consistent on every single decision.

They try to be and call things as they see them, but as we know they see them in real time, often from obstructed angles, and have a split second to make a call.

It's hugely unrealistic to expect referees to be consistent on every single decision.
They try to be and call things as they see them, but as we know they see them in real time, often from obstructed angles, and have a split second to make a call.

1. When you lift either of your legs while releasing the ball.
2. When you don’t release the ball from just over your head (at times players overthink & release it too late)
3. When you step over the outside line while throwing.
These are the rules I am aware of.

2. When you don’t release the ball from just over your head (at times players overthink & release it too late)

Football doesn’t have rules. It has laws.

12 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

The reason that hardly any of the fouls were picked up was because the assistant referees were watching the offside line - no idea why but thats why, its then up to the referee who is often unsighted to try and award them.

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
46 minutes ago, Parsmod said:
Patrick on  8 th December at Firhill

Almost a whole calendar month. We're going up lads.

:thumsup2

Too many draws and one win v the worst Falkirk team ever tho :unsure:

Can’t believe that we’re back to this reactionary nonsense of calling for the managers head after a couple of defensive errors. I’m disappointed, in fact gutted, at the result after being so far ahead in that game at the half way point.

It’s not just defensive errors though, is it? Going by what everyone has said, changes were needed. We could have either flung a defender on and shut up shop, or freshened things up on the offensive side and went for another goal. What option did we go for? Neither. Stop pretending like the fans want AJ out because of yesterday. Last weeks win against Falkirk was like putting a Barney the Dinosaur plaster over a broken leg.

2 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

The left back for Dunfermline on several occasions threw ball from his fore head downwards to ground in front of a player. So the ball did not come from behind the head and not released just over head. This is a foul throw in my book.

Wow.

16 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

I don't think Zannatta is trying to cheat , there is a flaw in his style he needs to work on, but he is a worthwhile addition to the team and I think he has been fantastic for us.

more pro's than con's for sure

He is far from the finished article, but certainly has ability. He never hides, even on a bad day and still manages to make key contributions, as was the case yesterday. Hes on a great run of form just now- just need to hope we can keep him for longer. Been superb for us so far.

He does go down easily though...sometimes laughably so. Entertaining for me, but understandably gets opposing fans backs up.

Was wanting to see the “foul” for the free kick that led to the last minute equaliser, as I felt the Alloa player just fell over, but it’s not in there. Can’t believe that we’re back to this reactionary nonsense of calling for the managers head after a couple of defensive errors. I’m disappointed, in fact gutted, at the result after being so far ahead in that game at the half way point.

Yeah, it's reactionary nonsense to think that 2 wins at home all season is good enough, to think that losing a 2 goal lead at home is good enough, to think that with the large squad we have it might have been a good idea to make a substitution when we were visibly being pegged back and players were visibly struggling to get up and support the few counter attacks that we had... What is reactionary nonsense is to think that because folk aren't happy with the way this season is going and that the manager isn't doing a good enough job they are somehow lesser supporters, or that they have some sort of agenda against the manager or the club. Even if we'd have hung on to win 2-1 yesterday, I'd have still been consistent with my opinion that the manager isn't good enough. No amount of dreary 0-0 draws and wins over an abysmal Falkirk side was going to change that. Had we went on to win 4 or 5-0 I might have thought he as a chance of turning things round but there you go. Probably being reactionary again.

the part-time teams of the 80/90s were nowhere near as fit and organised as the teams these days.

Yes, there's no doubt we are much fitter than a good part-time team from 20/30 years ago. Fitness training these days (in all sports) is more sohpisticated with the development of sports science and more about quality than quantity; you can get very fit on not much hours training if it's high intensity and aligned to your sport.

And of course tactics have also developed considerably, e.g. with focus on shape and where players should be when the team doesn't have the ball, in particular.

Archived