Dunfermline v Alloa (the Athletic derby)

36 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Yes Dunfermline with their history ground and fan following do deserve better I am aware of the European victories in the past when Dunfermline were a class Scottish team , (mind you look at raith ! snigger …)and also any team that plays "into the valley" before a game should expect %100 effort

loved the skids , and met Stuart Adamson when I delivered furniture to his house back in the day,

I make these comments as I personally never verbally abuse a player for that reason,  that said  a team like Alloa with the limited funds and player recruitment HAVE to give %100 or they are doomed for sure.

We don't deserve anything due to history. We get what we deserve due to current performances Same for every team.

Our stadium is a non-descript identikit place and although has a couple of nice features is nothing special.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must be misunderstanding because surely you can't be implying that players and managers don't know they've been poor unless they get booed?

Sorry, reading back I wasn’t clear. What I meant was I don’t understand people that actually shout “boooooo” but I do understand people voicing their opinion in a loud sweary manner.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I must be misunderstanding because surely you can't be implying that players and managers don't know they've been poor unless they get booed?

It's a nonsensical thing to do,  but so is showing any kind of emotion over 22 guys playing football. In reality football is emotional for some reason and booing is a by-product of those emotions when things go wrong. I think the right time is to vent those frustrations at the end of the game. It's not really about letting the manager and players know they were crap.

28 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Sorry, reading back I wasn’t clear. What I meant was I don’t understand people that actually shout “boooooo” but I do understand people voicing their opinion in a loud sweary manner.

Aye I get that. 

21 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

It's a nonsensical thing to do,  but so is showing any kind of emotion over 22 guys playing football. In reality football is emotional for some reason and booing is a by-product of those emotions when things go wrong. I think the right time is to vent those frustrations at the end of the game. It's not really about letting the manager and players know they were crap.

Aye. The players and management know when they've been shit.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

We don't deserve anything due to history. We get what we deserve due to current performances Same for every team.

Our stadium is a non-descript identikit place and although has a couple of nice features is nothing special.

Your stadium has more character than most, is the main stand listed ?

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Your stadium has more character than most, is the main stand listed ?

The main stand isn't listed, but it is one of the very few good features about the ground now.

Most of the 'character' was ripped out when we made it the all seater bore it is now.

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why did he sign a defender that almost single handedly relegated thistle in the first place? Devine is awful and all the Patrick fans said so.

Managers (rightly) don't listen to the views of fans of other teams when making signings.

He really hasn't been any worse than any other defender. Not saying he's great but he's hardly been dreadful on a consistent basis.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The main stand isn't listed, but it is one of the very few good features about the ground now.

Most of the 'character' was ripped out when we made it the all seater bore it is now.

Of all seat grounds it's not the same as the new build McDiarmid Park type of stadiums, or that horrendous St Mirren effort. The NW and the Main stand still keep some character and the stands behind the goal are pitched at a different gradient. Yeah, I would love the old ground back, but in terms of this day and age, East End is probably the best looking stadium outwith the major clubs in Scotland.

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why did he sign a defender that almost single handedly relegated thistle in the first place? Devine is awful and all the Patrick fans said so.

To replace Morris I guess, Thistle were entirely awful last year but he played even more games the season before when they finished top 6. I though he made 2 absolutely vital tackles when he was last man an won the ball really cleanly, I don't remember any major mistakes beyond what any of the others player however Im not entirely sure what happened for the last free kick, I don't know if it was his man that was free.

Thought the refereeing was inconsistent and both assistants struggled to back him up in decisions. Any other time of game Herrington is off for an absolutely terrible challenge. Dario could also have picked up a red for Elbow to head granted this was out of frustration by treatment being given to him through the game which went unpunished.

Robinson (the rodent) should have had a penalty against him for shoving trouten to ground when clearing his lines. How the assistant missed it.
A number of foul throws not given for both sides then picks up on one near the end. Then his assistant puts flag up to get a sub booked for telling him you missed four before you gave that one.

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I hope they get booed next time they come on the pitch, they've been absolutely shocking for most of the season. 

Ironically, Lee Robinson was part of a Rovers team booed onto the pitch after half time and he almost burst into tears. Do it again. 

A number of foul throws not given for both sides then picks up on one near the end.

I didn't notice any foul throws. Why do you think they were fouls?

As always I thought most of the shouts against the ref and his assistants for alleged errors were nonsense. Say about 95% of then (at a rough estimate).

Was wanting to see the “foul” for the free kick that led to the last minute equaliser, as I felt the Alloa player just fell over, but it’s not in there. Can’t believe that we’re back to this reactionary nonsense of calling for the managers head after a couple of defensive errors. I’m disappointed, in fact gutted, at the result after being so far ahead in that game at the half way point.

I didn't notice any foul throws. Why do you think they were fouls?

As always I thought most of the shouts against the ref and his assistants for alleged errors were nonsense. Say about 95% of then (at a rough estimate).

The left back for Dunfermline on several occasions threw ball from his fore head downwards to ground in front of a player. So the ball did not come from behind the head and not released just over head. This is a foul throw in my book.

3 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

The left back for Dunfermline on several occasions threw ball from his fore head downwards to ground in front of a player. So the ball did not come from behind the head and not released just over head. This is a foul throw in my book.

When was the last time you consulted the rules?

Also worth noting that the referee and his assistants don't use your rule book.

Archived