West Region Games Off - Sat 29th December

Kennie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:
1 hour ago, yoyopack said:
That’s about as believable as the pitch being unplayable.

Well shows you how much you know then

I have to admit I was at the game at St Roch's last week and the pitch was in a horrendous state

9 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

I have heard it all now. Surely some action has to be taken in an instance such as this?

According to SJFA website it's Largs v Petershill.   They have an excellent all weather pitch at Largs so I'm guessing there's another reason ..

3 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Ha 

This has been entertaining.

I spoke to Rossvale yesterday and let them know pith was a bit soft but game likely to be on, but we both had concerns if it rained overnight. I let them know if it was in any doubt I would get ref out as early as possible.

Ref came out at 9 and as ball not bouncing in certain parts  and some surface water he made the call.  We got park rolled a couple of times this week and stocked up shop. If it did not rain last night the game WOULD have been ON

I am disappointed that the game is off?

Not a jot!!  

Am I getting the players in for training - no chance - I am giving them day off so they can watch the game - some will be supporting Rangers and some Celtic 

I will go watch Petershill v Largs with a radio to listen to the scores 

Calm down Chris they are reeling you in

PS - Mon The hoops

U would have been better having the boys in training :whistle

Let's break into the club and get the kit. Great idea. Glasgow Life have been closed since the 23rd Dec
And how long have you known that this game will go ahead today and that your ground will be closed . Surely someone could have got the kit out before they closed down for the xmas break .

Earlier in the season it was a cycle race that was advertised for weeks in advance, this time its Christmas which has been at Christmas for around 1000 years in Scotland.  Feeble excuses from the fallen giants of the Central region.

Let's break into the club and get the kit. Great idea. Glasgow Life have been closed since the 23rd Dec
You have known for weeks now that you were playing Largs away today so has nobody from your club have the savy to realise that strips/kit is required so as i said earlier what a pathetic excuse to get a game called off.

Archived