• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
The clean living guy

Airdrie V Stranraer

26 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

I bet everyone else is as excited as me about our big new year's derby. Electric atmosphere and bumper crowd expected. 

If only.

Missing the Rovers already. Think with the way things are going for them that derby is finished. It'll just have to be Motherwell !!

As far as tomorrow's game is concerned another unconvincing win for Airdrie 2-1

Having missed last week, I am looking forward to escaping the Xmas calories. Two wins already against Stranraer and  the better team on both occasions, I expect to win. It will be tight however given our home "form".  

I bet everyone else is as excited as me about our big new year's derby. Electric atmosphere and bumper crowd expected. 

Thought Stenny was your derby this year?

Was that as comfy as the scoreline suggests?
Unfortunately I'm tattoo'd to my chair with the knee up after an operation on Thursday so won't get to a game for a few weeks .

We were poor tho. I’m struggling to find a positive out of a 3-0 win. Stranraer had 11 corners to our none. Our midfield were posted missing and hardly played a forward pass. If Stranraer has a forward worth his salt they would’ve won. But hey 2 wins on the trot I’ll take it.

I’ve just read a statistic which surprised me considerably. Only Arbroath and Stranraer have conceded fewer goals than Airdrie! Maybe our defence isn’t all that bad.

Stranraer were very poor. Airdrie didn’t have to work hard for their win. Hate how deep we sit. Could maybe have won by more if we attacked a bit more. And we still have 11 men in the box defending corners! Hate that.

2 hours ago, 2lgm said:

We were poor tho. I’m struggling to find a positive out of a 3-0 win. Stranraer had 11 corners to our none. Our midfield were posted missing and hardly played a forward pass. If Stranraer has a forward worth his salt they would’ve won. But hey 2 wins on the trot I’ll take it.

If you struggled to find a positive from a 3-0 win Then you’re not looking very hard.

We won comfortably and kept a clean sheet. That not enough for you? 

As for the forward pass nonsense, Not every pass has to go forward. It’s called trying to keep possession. 

Even at 3 nil up there were stupid shouts aimed at players and even Murray. Crazy stuff. 

Thats Airdrie for you though. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

2 hours ago, 2lgm said:

I once saw Airdrie have 13 corners at Brechin and still lose heavily, so I understand the point you make. The positive was that for once this season we never looked like losing a goal from any of Stranraer's corners and I thought the defensive nature of our game shape has been needed for a while. It was not entertaining/passing and we did seem to let them have the ball for long spells but they did little with it. The other positives were three good moves producing three good goals and seeing Leighton score again was a plus. The one shame is that Carrick just can't get a goal. I thought Crighton and Mcdonald were very good and Murray appears to have settled on that shape so let's see how it pans out in the next few weeks. That's now 3/3 against Stranraer and as I said earlier in the week, it was expected. If being poor produces these results then as you say "I'll take it" . On to Methil no more( defeats)

lets get the defensive side right and then build from there. we're getting there.

(although I wasn't there today)

If you struggled to find a positive from a 3-0 win Then you’re not looking very hard.
We won comfortably and kept a clean sheet. That not enough for you? 
As for the forward pass nonsense, Not every pass has to go forward. It’s called trying to keep possession. 
Even at 3 nil up there were stupid shouts aimed at players and even Murray. Crazy stuff. 
Thats Airdrie for you though. 

Airdrie well worth their win today - comfortable and deserved victory - well done!

I once saw Airdrie have 13 corners at Brechin and still lose heavily, so I understand the point you make. The positive was that for once this season we never looked like losing a goal from any of Stranraer's corners and I thought the defensive nature of our game shape has been needed for a while. It was not entertaining/passing and we did seem to let them have the ball for long spells but they did little with it. The other positives were three good moves producing three good goals and seeing Leighton score again was a plus. The one shame is that Carrick just can't get a goal. I thought Crighton and Mcdonald were very good and Murray appears to have settled on that shape so let's see how it pans out in the next few weeks. That's now 3/3 against Stranraer and as I said earlier in the week, it was expected. If being poor produces these results then as you say "I'll take it" . On to Methil no more( defeats)

I’ll take that 3-0 any day of the week but when we play against a stronger attack we’re going to have to have pass a lot better and win many more of the long balls in midfield.