Airdrie V Stranraer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

I bet everyone else is as excited as me about our big new year's derby. Electric atmosphere and bumper crowd expected. 

If only.

Missing the Rovers already. Think with the way things are going for them that derby is finished. It'll just have to be Motherwell !!

As far as tomorrow's game is concerned another unconvincing win for Airdrie 2-1

We were poor tho. I’m struggling to find a positive out of a 3-0 win. Stranraer had 11 corners to our none. Our midfield were posted missing and hardly played a forward pass. If Stranraer has a forward worth his salt they would’ve won. But hey 2 wins on the trot I’ll take it.

2 hours ago, 2lgm said:

We were poor tho. I’m struggling to find a positive out of a 3-0 win. Stranraer had 11 corners to our none. Our midfield were posted missing and hardly played a forward pass. If Stranraer has a forward worth his salt they would’ve won. But hey 2 wins on the trot I’ll take it.

If you struggled to find a positive from a 3-0 win Then you’re not looking very hard.

We won comfortably and kept a clean sheet. That not enough for you? 

As for the forward pass nonsense, Not every pass has to go forward. It’s called trying to keep possession. 

Even at 3 nil up there were stupid shouts aimed at players and even Murray. Crazy stuff. 

Thats Airdrie for you though. 

2 hours ago, 2lgm said:

I once saw Airdrie have 13 corners at Brechin and still lose heavily, so I understand the point you make. The positive was that for once this season we never looked like losing a goal from any of Stranraer's corners and I thought the defensive nature of our game shape has been needed for a while. It was not entertaining/passing and we did seem to let them have the ball for long spells but they did little with it. The other positives were three good moves producing three good goals and seeing Leighton score again was a plus. The one shame is that Carrick just can't get a goal. I thought Crighton and Mcdonald were very good and Murray appears to have settled on that shape so let's see how it pans out in the next few weeks. That's now 3/3 against Stranraer and as I said earlier in the week, it was expected. If being poor produces these results then as you say "I'll take it" . On to Methil no more( defeats)

If you struggled to find a positive from a 3-0 win Then you’re not looking very hard.
We won comfortably and kept a clean sheet. That not enough for you? 
As for the forward pass nonsense, Not every pass has to go forward. It’s called trying to keep possession. 
Even at 3 nil up there were stupid shouts aimed at players and even Murray. Crazy stuff. 
Thats Airdrie for you though. 

Airdrie well worth their win today - comfortable and deserved victory - well done!

I once saw Airdrie have 13 corners at Brechin and still lose heavily, so I understand the point you make. The positive was that for once this season we never looked like losing a goal from any of Stranraer's corners and I thought the defensive nature of our game shape has been needed for a while. It was not entertaining/passing and we did seem to let them have the ball for long spells but they did little with it. The other positives were three good moves producing three good goals and seeing Leighton score again was a plus. The one shame is that Carrick just can't get a goal. I thought Crighton and Mcdonald were very good and Murray appears to have settled on that shape so let's see how it pans out in the next few weeks. That's now 3/3 against Stranraer and as I said earlier in the week, it was expected. If being poor produces these results then as you say "I'll take it" . On to Methil no more( defeats)

I’ll take that 3-0 any day of the week but when we play against a stronger attack we’re going to have to have pass a lot better and win many more of the long balls in midfield.

Archived