Lanarkshire Derby: Accies v ‘Well

13 hours ago, RabG1869 said:

Did Hamilton have the Motherwell stolen banners etc? Just curious

Even Accies  fans wouldn't be that stupid.

Heard that 4 arrests have been made and more forthcoming.

Thats why if you're going to do something like this you shouldnt then brag about it on social media using your own account complete with picture

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Tom Aldred now has as many league goals this season as Bowman, Sammon and Main combined...

Sammon worked hard today and put in a decent shift but looks devoid of confidence in front of goal, shades of Alex Fisher this time last year. Think the lads above are being a bit harsh on Johnson- We've bemoaned the lack of pace and creativity in the final third all season, yet are calling a guy with eight goals in about a dozen starts during his first season while stepping up from the Conference an impostor? Nah, not for me.  Agreed his all round play has been poor and definitely needs work, however I'd hate to see the state we'd be in this season if it wasn't for him and we were relying on the other three for goals. If it were up to me, I'd be happy to punt the other three(as well as Newell) and keep Johnson.

Frear was excellent and even put in a good shift defensively, probably the best I've seen him play since Firhill last December. Felt a bit for ATS going off again but we're not a charity, if he's not able to play a couple of games without breaking down he's not much use to us. As an aside, I thought Livingstone actually looked a lot far more confident and assured this time around than he did against Celtic last month. If we are indeed going to be stuck in no mans land for the rest of the season, we could do worse than giving him an extended run in the team back there and see how he gets on.

Anyway, we won and deservedly so and that's all that really matters. Opened up a decent gap now over the bottom three, now looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do in the January window.

Aye you're pretty spot on there. I still expect that we'll ship Sammon back to Hearts in January because he's in no danger of scoring. I wasn't exactly enthused by his signing but I suppose it was a bit of a shot in the dark that hasn't come off.  Perhaps I am being overly harsh on Johnson but he is the only striker I'd keep around at the minute as a bit part player.  I reckon we can get rid of Main, Sammon, Newell (lol) as well as Bowman which would give us whoever comes in January + Johnson and Scott. 

I suppose it was easier for Livingstone to come in to this game where he had a bit more time on the ball rather than chasing Celtic about for 65 minutes. ATS made sense as a signing but so far he's barely played due to being made of wet cardboard and when he has it's not exactly been great. 

Frear was a joy to watch yesterday and fair play to him. Incredible to see the difference it makes when you play a winger as a winger. 

I watched the game again on Alba last night - and (as I kind of thought at the game) ATS had a perfectly decent first half. And then he broke. 

I've got no problems with us taking a risk on a good player who has been injured in the right circumstances - but given that we had no other senior left backs, this was a poorly judged one and unless we go all-in on Livingstone, it's something that still needs addressed. 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I watched the game again on Alba last night - and (as I kind of thought at the game) ATS had a perfectly decent first half. And then he broke. 

I've got no problems with us taking a risk on a good player who has been injured in the right circumstances - but given that we had no other senior left backs, this was a poorly judged one and unless we go all-in on Livingstone, it's something that still needs addressed. 

Aye I watched it earlier on. He was solid enough and didn't make any major errors but, true to form, his legs fell off again. 

Stevie Hammell's cursed amulet strikes again.

Archived