Lanarkshire Derby: Accies v ‘Well

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are missing a shitload of players through injury, we play the most horrific style of football and couldnt score in a brothel. This is going to be torture! Can’t believe I have already bought my ticket for this!

Two shite, shite teams 'battling' it out, can't wait.

With Main suspended I reckon we'll no doubt see Bowman or Sammon starting up front. It'd be nice to see young James Scott given the nod but I think every Well fan knows that Robinson won't go with that.

No result would surprise me in this one. We have shown that we are capable of picking up the odd win here and there to paper over the ever growing cracks and Accies themselves are a poor side so who knows how this will go. A defeat for us would be utterly disastrous mind you and a huge psychological boost for them going into the shutdown and would be another nail in the managers coffin.

I'll be optimistic as 2018 ends and go for a 2-1 Motherwell win with Johnson getting both to put us 2-0 up before they get a late goal to leave us sweating and panicking.

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

Two shite, shite teams 'battling' it out, can't wait.

With Main suspended I reckon we'll no doubt see Bowman or Sammon starting up front. It'd be nice to see young James Scott given the about but I think every Well fan knows that Robinson won't go with that.

No result would surprise me in this one. We have shown that we are capable of picking up the odd win here and there to paper over the ever growing cracks and Accies themselves are a poor side so who knows how this will go. A defeat for us would be utterly disastrous mind you and a huge psychological boost for them going into the shutdown and would be another nail in the managers coffin.

I'll be optimistic as 2018 ends and go for a 2-1 Motherwell win with Johnson getting both to put us 2-0 up before they get a late goal to leave us sweating and panicking.

If we're accepting bids for Bowman then I doubt we'll play him and run the risk of him getting injured. Sammon and Johnson with Scott on the bench IMO.

I'd have thought we'd go:

Gillespie
Tait Aldred Maguire ATS
Grimshaw Campbell Gorrin
Turnbull
Sammon Johnson

Hopefully Turnbull is back from his 'illness' for this one. If he's not then I think we've seen the last of him in C&A.

Bowman on the other hand is more likely to start even if he is for the off. I certainly think SR is more likely to opt for an outgoing Ryan Bowman over youngster James Scott in this one, rightly or wrongly. I agree though that Sammon is more likely to start in this one.

And on a side note, can we PLEASE wear the home kit for this one instead of the away one that we seem insistent on wearing in every away match this season for some reason. There is no colour clash so we should be in predominantly Amber on Saturday.

With St Johnstone (A), Aberdeen (H) and Celtic(A) before going into the crunch game against Dundee at NDP after the break, we really MUST take something from this. God help us if we don't.  Not confident at all though.  Defence is a huge worry. With Want suspended and Tshiembe going off injured against Hearts, we really need Kilgallon back for this. Anyone know what the score is with him? Was he injured or missing for personal reasons yesterday? As usual the club keeping the fans in the dark. 

Winning this only prolongs Robinson’s time in charge.
I won’t be at this game, as I haven’t been for par few games since the Livi home one, because I’m sick and tired of looking up in the sky instead of on the pitch for the ball

Are Motherwell fans genuinely questioning Robinson’s position because of a bad start to the season. After 2 cup finals and a best of the rest finish last season? I’d take him as accies boss in a heartbeat.

Our league form is horrific. In the last 38 league matches we have managed 33 points . That’s relegation form. The style of play would also make your eyes bleed. I actually think the style of play is pissing people off more as it really is terrible on the eye.

I would say that we are getting close to a majority wanting a change of manager across the supporters.

5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Are Motherwell fans genuinely questioning Robinson’s position because of a bad start to the season. After 2 cup finals and a best of the rest finish last season? I’d take him as accies boss in a heartbeat.

Well the handful of negative posters on Steelmen online certainly are. 

Most sensible fans accept he has a small budget to work with and where we are in the league right now is where our budget suggests we finish. We also accept that reaching 2 cup finals in a season for only the second time in our entire history means he has some goodwill. 

That said his summer signings have been poor and the style of football agricultural so when we lose it has been painful to watch. 

We have some amount of bad luck last month or so. If the players that suffered head knocks v Killie are absent then it is no exaggeration to say we could be missing 2/3rds of our 1st team. 

Would gladly shitfest a narrow win. A loss would be gruesome given the winter break. 

I am heading along even after saying last time I would not go back, due to standing in rain for 30 mins cause they could not organise a piss up in a brewery or realise there were 3 x as many cash punters so opening a similar amount of turn styles would help. 

44 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Did I read on here recently that Motherwell have a smaller budget than Accies? I find that hard to believe.

Nah - I'd be very surprised at that. The average wage is apparently very similar but I would imagine that we have a bigger sqaud/wage bill - even if it's not by a huge amount.

Now that we're living the fan ownership dream - we have no external funding to call on other than normal revenue streams - so we are living within our means whether we like it our not. A decent chunk of any money we do make is earmarked for paying back the soft loans to the previous owners so that we are nominally free of debt - so that will shrink our playing budget...

Nah - I'd be very surprised at that. The average wage is apparently very similar but I would imagine that we have a bigger sqaud/wage bill - even if it's not by a huge amount.
Now that we're living the fan ownership dream - we have no external funding to call on other than normal revenue streams - so we are living within our means whether we like it our not. A decent chunk of any money we do make is earmarked for paying back the soft loans to the previous owners so that we are nominally free of debt - so that will shrink our playing budget...
Your accountant is a mate of mine and he's a complete tight arse, so you're in safe hands.

Three words give me the utter fear of getting rid of Robinson.

John fucking Hughes.

Archived