Lanarkshire Derby: Accies v ‘Well

17 hours ago, MJC said:

Two shite, shite teams 'battling' it out, can't wait.

With Main suspended I reckon we'll no doubt see Bowman or Sammon starting up front. It'd be nice to see young James Scott given the nod but I think every Well fan knows that Robinson won't go with that.

No result would surprise me in this one. We have shown that we are capable of picking up the odd win here and there to paper over the ever growing cracks and Accies themselves are a poor side so who knows how this will go. A defeat for us would be utterly disastrous mind you and a huge psychological boost for them going into the shutdown and would be another nail in the managers coffin.

I'll be optimistic as 2018 ends and go for a 2-1 Motherwell win with Johnson getting both to put us 2-0 up before they get a late goal to leave us sweating and panicking.

Bowman apparently on way south for talks/medical today

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never sure - I kind of saw Craigan as being a better candidate before he left - Lasley is a little behind him in experience I think...

On the game tomorrow, I have no idea why I'm going TBH as I've seen the same story at NDP so many times, there's hardly any point. Usually goes like:

• 1500 people turn up at the Turnstyles at 2:50pm - Accies try some new revolutionary solution to this which makes the queues worse than the time before
  • 750 people try to sit in their nominated seat, 750 sit wherever they want.
  • After a 15 min mass argument, everyone settles down in their eventual seat until a gammon appears at 3:10pm fresh from the pub and loudly demands "mah ain seat"
  • A bit of singing breaks out. Accies score. The 15 guys with the Imrie trampoline look like they're having a brilliant time.
  • Much time (wasting) passes. Accies score again.
  • Everyone troops out through that underground carpark saying "I'm fucking never coming back here".

McManus was on Radio Scotland during the summer and was talking about how the idea is for there to be a succession plan which makes you think in an ideal world it'd be Lasley (he applied for the job when Robinson got it IIRC). Then again I think that'd probably be dependent on Robinson having been a "success" and handing over the reins further down the line rather than being papped out midway through his contract.

Also, Lasley's recent stint in the dugout with Robinson suspended hardly inspires confidence tbqh.

I'd have thought the next manager will be someone who's prepared to come in and work alongside the coaching staff already in place.

3 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Hamilton to win 11/5
Hamilton to win to nil 9/2
Motherwell not to score 9/4

Will be having a dabble with these!

Now that Mitch is betting against Motherwell, my confidence in an away win is growing...

#printingmoney

I actually think we'll draw, which isn't good enough to pull away from the bottom two but isn't bad enough to get Canning punted.
It's probably all conjecture, but the mentality amongst fans seems to have shifted from Canning being unsackable to this potentially being his last game.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks
18 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies always do the necessary when teams are struggling.

Replace 'Accies' with the team you support and you have arguably the worst cliché in Scottish football.

"If ever a team was on a bad run and needed a result, they're guaranteed to get it against us!" - fans of every club.

Replace 'Accies' with the team you support and you have arguably the worst cliché in Scottish football.

"If ever a team was on a bad run and needed a result, they're guaranteed to get it against us!" - fans of every club.
We've given Dundee their only two victories, Celtic their only victory on astroturf, Rangers their first away win, Hibs their first win in two months, allowed Hearts to walk over us after losing their previous two matches a combined 7-0, Rangers a victory after failing to win their previous three.
Aye.

26 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We've given Dundee their only two victories, Celtic their only victory on astroturf, Rangers their first away win, Hibs their first win in two months, allowed Hearts to walk over us after losing their previous two matches a combined 7-0, Rangers a victory after failing to win their previous three.
Aye.

Exactly, it is a cliché but it's entirely valid when it comes to Accies.

Archived