Rangers pubs in Livingston area

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Don’t take it personally pal, the bitter hatred, spew and bile that most of these ‘fans’ of other clubs spout on here is everything they claim to vehemently against when it comes to the OF (and Rangers FC in particular). They don’t mind revelling in it themselves however. It’s bizarre indeed, but the norm I’m afraid.

The contempt I, and many others, have for Rangers is completely separate from the traditional reasons and is based on fact. They cheated, lies and stole, not just from football but the country. Their actions ruined football here permanently. All the no contest trophies they stole during the "good years", lead to their justified demise. it then brought us to the one party state we have now.

The contempt I, and many others, have for Rangers is completely separate from the traditional reasons and is based on fact. They cheated, lies and stole, not just from football but the country. Their actions ruined football here permanently. All the no contest trophies they stole during the "good years", lead to their justified demise. it then brought us to the one party state we have now.
^^^ Bigot

14 hours ago, LiviTon said:
  Hide contents

Thanks for the one or two sensible replies. Will make sure I do not ask a normal question again on such an angry forum. After showing this to my friends we will watch game at home. Great Scottish Hospitality to our foreign friends- thank you. Not Rangers fanatics but I was concerned they shouted support in a mixed bar. Think the replies are relevant to my concern and show a side of Scottish people I will apologise to them for. No replies after this as expect lots of vitriol from those who know no better. 

Just a thought:

Why not take your football fan guests to an actual football match?  Maybe there'll be one that features say a small club punching way above its weight in the top flight and another on the edge of the title race.  You could maybe grab a pint somewhere beforehand - there might even be some football on the telly.

You could perhaps post something on here to ask if any such fixture might be taking place in your vicinity.

The worst thing about my team being back in the Premiership this season was our home game against The Rangers.  I was surrounded by The Rangers fans due to a combination of the club selling hospitality packages for the home stand to thugs and weegie scum and some The Rangers fans obviously pretending to be Livi fans to get tickets.  The behaviour, language, constant sectarianism and racism was disgusting.  Throughout the whole match we were subjected to endless anti-Catholic signing and chants from the majority of your fans.  A large number of your fans were also terrorising staff in shops and restaurants in the town centre before and after the match.

Yet you have the shameless cheek  to come on here and try to spin something against the fans of other clubs.  Your fans and your club are a cancer on Scottish society.

I won’t deny that there is an unruly element amongst our travelling support, I and other Rangers fans on here have previously referred to this problem and I cannot excuse the examples you have given. Whataboutery you might suggest, but the levels of abuse meted out to our support doesn’t exactly improve the atmosphere at away games. I’ve heard enough of it over the years to just ignore it, but it’s unsurprising that others respond in kind with aggression, running the gauntlet in and outside the ground.

I also have a view of the visitors section at Ibrox, it’s not unusual to glance at fans sitting across from me doing nothing but goading the home support, gesticulating and hurling obscenities for the full game. Is that what they really go to the football for?

We’ve got our fair share of bad apples, but if you’re suggesting there isn’t an even distribution at Fir Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie et al, then you need to get out more mate.

Back on track though, read the post again (the one that you’ve quoted), and tell me who it refers to with regards to spewing spite and bile and then complaining about hatred at football matches? You complain of insulting behaviour but seem happy to use terms like Weegie scum! Aye, yer all sweetness and light eh pal?[emoji849]

Surprised to read such emotional guff from you Serge, if the ruling bodies of the game had such a clear case to make (of your accusations) it would have been presented by now. The catastrophic financial management of the club by individuals brought about its demise, punishment and current position in the game. There’s a whole gallery of rogues to consider when it comes to the state of Scottish Football as a whole, at both Club and National Level, and far beyond the confines of Ibrox Park.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Surprised to read such emotional guff from you Serge, if the ruling bodies of the game had such a clear case to make (of your accusations) it would have been presented by now. The catastrophic financial management of the club by individuals brought about its demise, punishment and current position in the game. There’s a whole gallery of rogues to consider when it comes to the state of Scottish Football as a whole, at both Club and National Level, and far beyond the confines of Ibrox Park.

Extreme whataboutery champion 2018

congratualtions.

30 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I won’t deny that there is an unruly element amongst our travelling support, I and other Rangers fans on here have previously referred to this problem and I cannot excuse the examples you have given. Whataboutery you might suggest, but the levels of abuse meted out to our support doesn’t exactly improve the atmosphere at away games. I’ve heard enough of it over the years to just ignore it, but it’s unsurprising that others respond in kind with aggression, running the gauntlet in and outside the ground.
I also have a view of the visitors section at Ibrox, it’s not unusual to glance at fans sitting across from me doing nothing but goading the home support and hurling obscenities for the full game. Is that what they really go to the football for?
We’ve got our fair share of bad apples, but if you’re suggesting there isn’t an even distribution at Fir Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie et al, then you need to get out more mate.

Back on track though, read the post again (the one that you’ve quoted), and tell me who it refers to with regards to spewing spite and bile and then complaining about hatred at football matches? You complain of insulting behaviour but seem happy to use terms like Weegie scum! Aye, yer all sweetness and light eh pal?emoji849.png

No one likes you, you care like f**k.

2 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

RedRob, who supports a club which has it's foundations in hatred, bigotry and bile, complaining about others. Couldn't make this shit up.

I'm confused how @LiviTon thinks people on here are "vile", but doesn't have an issue with folk who cant be in a pub with rival fans without resorting to violence.

Foreign friend - "why is there no Celtic fans?"

LiviTon - "Because we'd attack them based on a football team they support"

Friend - "Scottish football is so friendly"

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

The case has been made, irrefutably, the ruling bodies first tried to ignore it and then contrived an alternative and entirely spurious version of events to counter it. I hate using this word but it is nothing short of a scandal. 

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It is emotional, it is a deep seated hatred, but it is borne of facts. I hated both sides equally before, but there's a special place in Hell for Rangers now. I'd create a law to disband it in a minute.

19 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It is emotional, it is a deep seated hatred, but it is borne of facts. I hated both sides equally before, but there's a special place in Hell for Rangers now. I'd create a law to disband it in a minute.

^^^Volunteer Wilson IMO.

RedRob, who supports a club which has it's foundations in hatred, bigotry and bile, complaining about others. Couldn't make this shit up.

Nah, I wasn’t complaining Flutie, just pointing out the double standards, have a wee read of the Hibs Vs Hearts Match thread from yesterday, you’ll see contributions from both sets of supporters that are wholly consistent with this tenet. Cheers

Archived