Killie v St Mirren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

Can I interest anyone in a form table?

An annual form table, no less.

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 16.59.00.png

That form table is wrong, it doesn't include post split figures....

We ended 2018 on 74 points with Celtic on 73 & Rangers on 72 points post split.......

How did that St Mirren team manage to score ? Like an edentulous pensioner they were toothless and Scott Boyd won everything in the air all day . If they are to survive Paul McGinn needs to shut his mouth . 

The juggernaut is going into the garage for a fine tune up and valet ready for next year 

Wee Chic Young has followed McGinns lead and doesn’t believe we will win the league but has challenged Killie fans to come up with some appropriate forfeit should we do so , that should be interesting 

16 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Wee Chic Young has followed McGinns lead and doesn’t believe we will win the league but has challenged Killie fans to come up with some appropriate forfeit should we do so , that should be interesting 

24 hours residency in the Burns mall, no leaving, must say 'yes' to every request put forward by the dwellers. 

34 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

How did that St Mirren team manage to score ? Like an edentulous pensioner they were toothless and Scott Boyd won everything in the air all day . If they are to survive Paul McGinn needs to shut his mouth . 

The juggernaut is going into the garage for a fine tune up and valet ready for next year 

The next 6 league fixtures are massive & will in all probability determine if we are going to be there or thereabouts come May.......

Rangers (H), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (H), Dundee (A), Celtic (H), Livingston (A)

55 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

"Kilmarnock’s not a bad one for us. Everyone thinks they’re some sort of superpower but they’re not."

We know we're not, but we're too good for you Mr McGinn :lol:

Shame he comes over as such a fanny as he had a great game today, probably MOM despite another great shift by Power..

Paul Mcginn was pish. 

His brother in the middle was slightly better.

I thought we were going to score 4 or 5 early on but once Saints got a goal back we seemed to sit off a bit.

Still, juggernaut rolls on and all that.

16 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Paul Mcginn was pish. 

His brother in the middle was slightly better.

I thought we were going to score 4 or 5 early on but once Saints got a goal back we seemed to sit off a bit.

Still, juggernaut rolls on and all that.

Don't tell me there's two of them...................................:rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

My passport runs out in Aug 2019 C4. Might be time to check yours.

Got a new one last May mate, was anticipating the season ahead*

PS, not really, had to renew for our summer holidays anyway.

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Mathematics lessons or maybe an eye test perhaps?

Chic claimed there was at least 2000 Saints fans present on Sportsound during the match......

"A total of 7,131 including 1,002 visiting supporters took in the festive game at Rugby Park as goals from Stuart Findlay and Jordan Jones gave Killie all three points"

A lot nervier than it really should have been, but tbh I actually thought St Mirren were more impressive than I'd expected. Very handy at continually picking up second balls, and with the exception of a truly woeful Anton Ferdinand I thought they looked enough to stay up.

Far better than Dundee, who I'd place as a heavy favourite for 12th now. 

In terms of our performance it was an obvious indicator that we're needing a forward. When Brophy's not quite firing we're left with very little to bring on. Ndjoli might be a prospect for the future, but with a limited budget for loans I'd say we can probably do better.

It was an odd experience hoping that Rangers would win a league game, but a beautiful table to gaze at for the next few weeks.

2018, what a fucking year. 

After Celtic dropped points, it was important we went out and got the job done today. I had said we were due to give someone a doing and after we came out and blew St Mirren away, I thought it was just a matter of how many. We were all over them and Greg Stewart looked right up for it. 

We switch off a bit for a set piece and suddenly the game gets a bit nervy. The saints didn't create much but we all know it would only take one mistake and we could have dropped points. Delighted we got the result over the line. Gutted for Greg that he didn't add a wonderful goal to cap a great performance, his mazy run was fantastic. What a baller.

Alan Power immense as always. 

Rangers first after the break. Lets get them skelped and get ourselves back to the top. 

41 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

After Celtic dropped points, it was important we went out and got the job done today. I had said we were due to give someone a doing and after we came out and blew St Mirren away, I thought it was just a matter of how many. We were all over them and Greg Stewart looked right up for it. 

We switch off a bit for a set piece and suddenly the game gets a bit nervy. The saints didn't create much but we all know it would only take one mistake and we could have dropped points. Delighted we got the result over the line. Gutted for Greg that he didn't add a wonderful goal to cap a great performance, his mazy run was fantastic. What a baller.

Alan Power immense as always. 

Rangers first after the break. Lets get them skelped and get ourselves back to the top. 

Some imagination. 

One goal was from the most simple set piece you'll ever see. Our glaring weakness at defending corners exposed, again. 

The second goal was some of the most woefully abject defending I reckon I've ever seen. Stewart did well but should have never been in the position he was in. 

And well, that was it really. Definitely not blown away as you assert to... one or two other chances created in the first half but it's not like our goal was living a charmed life or anything of the sort. Most of the rest of the match was just watching the guy Jordan Jones doing his best Tom Daley on repeat. 

2-1 was absolutely the correct result. Anything else would have unfairly flattered either side. 

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Scoreline has flattered us a bit. We like a lot of possession but are dreadfully pedestrian. If we upped the tempo a bit we'd maybe be more competitive. 

Killie have threatened every time they've attacked us. Fast, direct, always a danger. 

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Some imagination. 

One goal was from the most simple set piece you'll ever see. Our glaring weakness at defending corners exposed, again. 

The second goal was some of the most woefully abject defending I reckon I've ever seen. Stewart did well but should have never been in the position he was in. 

And well, that was it really. Definitely not blown away as you assert to... one or two other chances created in the first half but it's not like our goal was living a charmed life or anything of the sort. Most of the rest of the match was just watching the guy Jordan Jones doing his best Tom Daley on repeat. 

2-1 was absolutely the correct result. Anything else would have unfairly flattered either side. 

Make yer mind up mate.........

PS...... I had never tried salty tears in my brandy before now, but it happens to be delicious!!

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Some imagination. 

Oh.

Oh my.

St Mirren had their goal, then the chance shortly afterwards that Adam Hamill blazed over the bar and that was about all they did in the 90 minutes.

Killie were comfortable but a bit frustrating as we looked like scoring a barrel load after the first 10 minutes. A win is a win though.

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Some imagination. 

Do you have comprehension issues? I thought it was pretty obvious from my post that I meant we blew you away in the first 15 and that your goal got you into it and made it a nervy affair from then on.... in fact I'm almost repeating word for word what I said originally. Unknot your wee knickers. And enjoy the championship next season. 

47 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Make yer mind up mate.........

PS...... I had never tried salty tears in my brandy before now, but it happens to be delicious!!

Nothing salty here. We lost and deservedly so. 

My first quote was from half time. Think I reserve the right to change my opinion of a match between half time and full time. ;)

We were clearly not as good as killie at any point but given the balance of play in the second half, a further goal for either side wouldn't have been a fair reflection of the match in my opinion . 

Archived