Killie v St Mirren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he better than Ethan ? Cos he's magnificent according to St Mirren fans .

You’re not making much sense fella, because someone questioned your statement that your son was better at 9 year old than someone who is getting a game in the Premiership then somehow Saints fans think Ethan is magnificent? Straw man argument if ever there was one.

For what it’s worth the lad is only playing LB because we don’t have anyone else however he is generally doing a decent job, not today granted but for a 17 year old thrown into a struggling side and being played out of position then he still doing ok.

I am pleased to see Killie fans enjoying Stevie Clarke but just remember the next Eddie Morrison might be around the corner. [emoji14]
After all we had SAF at one point and still got to experience Tommy Craig [emoji85]

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I am pleased to see Killie fans enjoying Stevie Clarke but just remember the next Eddie Morrison might be around the corner. emoji14.png
After all we had SAF at one point and still got to experience Tommy Craig emoji85.png

So long as its not Alan Stubbs we'll be fine......

3 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

I don’t know if he is any good, he didn’t stay in his feet long enough for me to be able to judge. 

You won, you’re having the season of a lifetime don’t be a dick and acknowledge your teams shortcomings, it will be a long and very rapid way down. 

get back to the first division where you belong. bye bye

5 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Yes I agree.All i was saying was that Ethan wasn't "that" good but plays every week for St. Mirren. Perhaps it shows the small differences between the guys who do make t and those who dont? Ethan was always a wee bit better than the rest and my son admitted that but he just questioned how much better he is? Of course the St Mirren fans think he is a world beater so that by me is just fine. We all have different standards and if Ethan is top of the table then it is obvious why St Mirren are close to the bottom  of the able.

No-one is claiming he's a world beater. He is potentially a very decent player but like all young players will have off days. Christ, I once saw Christophe Berra get hooked after 25 minutes after being left a dribbling mess by Stuart Kean of all people!

However, yesterday was by far his weakest game and think most Saints fans will acknowledge he was given a torrid time. 

However, in his defence, he was offered very little protection especially in the first half. He's by and large been alright at LB, definitely a better defender than Coulson (who was by some distance the best player on the park last time we were at Rugby Park) but you can see how hard he's working at the role as he's not naturally used to playing there. 

Well done Killie Clark has a good team .

Not much to say regarding St Mirren other than thank God we are now heading into the transfer window the fact Oran has still got us in the mix gives us hope.

Well done to all buddies who turned up yesterday given our season thus far is quite remarkable 

7 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

Killie got two poor goals from us in the first 10 mins, would have been interesting to see what they had about themselves if we had managed to equalise, which didn’t look likely. 

Overall Killie looked ok without being brilliant but Jones and Brophy need to cut out the cheating Jones inparticular offered nothing but dives. 

None so blind as those who cannot see !

13 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

You and your son don’t seem to be taking this very well.

A " coach " father and a failed footballing son. That's never a good mix, it just results in embitterment and jealousy. 

8 hours ago, killiemilan said:

I agree big time however Ethan is the very opposite as someone who was a star from a young age. Sometimes i think the clubs like to  select such players to tick the youth boxes and also it gives the manager more time. For late developer look at Ross Millen who has done brilliantly.

So what boxes is it Erhahon ticks that your son doesn't? 

Some imagination. 
One goal was from the most simple set piece you'll ever see. Our glaring weakness at defending corners exposed, again. 
The second goal was some of the most woefully abject defending I reckon I've ever seen. Stewart did well but should have never been in the position he was in. 
And well, that was it really. Definitely not blown away as you assert to... one or two other chances created in the first half but it's not like our goal was living a charmed life or anything of the sort. Most of the rest of the match was just watching the guy Jordan Jones doing his best Tom Daley on repeat. 
2-1 was absolutely the correct result. Anything else would have unfairly flattered either side. 
Fucking delusional

There's one Killie fan droning on about how several qualified coaches (including the Scotland ones) have incorrectly decided that his son is not as good a boy who has established himself in the top flight at 17. Aside from that, the rest of the arguments from our fans have been based on a couple of bitter Saints fans critcising one of the best attacking players in the league, and suggesting he did nothing yesterday despite him literally scoring the winning goal.

The Methadome dwellers aren’t taking another defeat very well , blaming Jones and Brophy for diving just deflects from there own teams inadequacies. If I recall Jones wasn’t booked for diving in this match, which admittedly isn’t a great indicator when Collum is the referee.

Its a fact of life that bigger teams get more of the rub of the green than smaller clubs #TB4 

Jealousy will eat you up if you let it guys 

Archived