Killie v St Mirren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It must be sobering when four defeats in six is genuinely an improvement in form.

One win in 6 for your lot. 

Looking forward to this one. Will be another difficult fixture but on the plus side it is the last game before the transfer window opens. 

Would be happy with a draw.

Despite needing Douglas ‘x-Ray eyes’ Ross help to win at St Mirren Park last time out, Killie are far better than us and we have to be in damage limitation mode here. 

In the 3-4 team relegation league goal difference could well play a part at the end of the season, and keeping the defeat narrow before we get a chance to bring in a new team will do for me. 

The last victory over Saints felt a bit hollow due to the fact that the winning goal was only a wee bit in and the assistant referee decided to put his flag up for one of their players only being a yard or so offside.

Hopefully we can get a fully merited three points this time around to make me feel more at ease.

I don't think this will be an easy win. We struggled at the Simpleton Arena a while back and with Adam Hamill in their team, Saints have a very good threat at goal from set pieces. I also worry about Broadfoot not being back - really hope that he's back in time for Saturday. My pick is a 2-1 win to Killie. 

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I don't think this will be an easy win. We struggled at the Simpleton Arena a while back and with Adam Hamill in their team, Saints have a very good threat at goal from set pieces. I also worry about Broadfoot not being back - really hope that he's back in time for Saturday. My pick is a 2-1 win to Killie. 

I'm not in the slightest bit worried if Broaderz isn't fit for Saturday.

Scott Boyd hasn't put a foot wrong, especially in the last couple of games. Yes he's the most awkward player I can recall when running & yes, he looks like he has to really think hard to control a ball, but he only struggles a little when he has a really pacey forward up against him. It appears its not only me who thinks this......https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6595-scott-boyd/

Saturday won't be a stroll in the park as Saints are fighting for their lives but we should have enough quality upfront to beat them by a more comfortable scoreline than we did against Motherwell.

I'm plumping for 2-0 Killie before the boys head off for a well earned winter break.......

Despite needing Douglas ‘x-Ray eyes’ Ross help to win at St Mirren Park last time out, Killie are far better than us and we have to be in damage limitation mode here. 
In the 3-4 team relegation league goal difference could well play a part at the end of the season, and keeping the defeat narrow before we get a chance to bring in a new team will do for me. 
Still raging about officials getting big decisions correct I see.

Think this will be close. I reckon one or two nil. Hopefully Brophy comes back in place of Boyd.

Paul McGinn making comments in the papers that definitely don't have the potential to come back and bite him:

"Kilmarnock’s not a bad one for us. Everyone thinks they’re some sort of superpower but they’re not."

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Paul McGinn making comments in the papers that definitely don't have the potential to come back and bite him:

"Kilmarnock’s not a bad one for us. Everyone thinks they’re some sort of superpower but they’re not."

Must not have heard the song... "We are Killie, Super Killie..."

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Who’s Paul McGinn?

Archived