Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

34 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

100% inferior, as expected tbh. Although agree about our defence. Can be an absolute shambles at times. Thought the goalie did well today, good on him.

Jake, Jake, Jake. I’ll let you off this one time. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Two good opportunities for Pyper with headers from cross balls if he had managed to get an angle on them pretty sure would have hit the net but straight at the keeper

Fraser's corners don't help. He only seems to have one type of corner and doesn't vary it. He just floats the ball into the box with no power or speed on the ball - makes it difficult for our players to attack the ball. If there was more pace on the ball, then players could just redirect the ball instead they need to generate power as well to get the ball past the keeper.

6 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Fraser's corners don't help. He only seems to have one type of corner and doesn't vary it. He just floats the ball into the box with no power or speed on the ball - makes it difficult for our players to attack the ball. If there was more pace on the ball, then players could just redirect the ball instead they need to generate power as well to get the ball past the keeper.

Yeah surprised he seems to take them all as any dead balls.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

100% inferior, as expected tbh. Although agree about our defence. Can be an absolute shambles at times. Thought the goalie did well today, good on him.

Ferrie wasn't particularly tested today, but he was fine.  From what I remember, he made one f**k up at Coatbridge on a day of f**k ups all over. Even the best keepers can f**k up now and again.  As long as it's not every other week, it doesn't turn me against a decent goalie. He seems a decent choice to me. Of course as soon as you say that...........

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

the Stirling keeper isn’t very good. 

How do you know? He wasn't exactly tested today. The goal Cowdenbeath was an absolute gift.

We were absolutely awful in the second half but never looked in danger of losing the lead.

16 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

How do you know? He wasn't exactly tested today. The goal Cowdenbeath was an absolute gift.

We were absolutely awful in the second half but never looked in danger of losing the lead.

Because one of my mates who is a Stirling fan told me. He could be lying of course.

Sad day getting beat from that shite [emoji26]

I'd probably accept that if it wasn't off a supporter of a club who finished bottom of this division, twice in a row.

Routine victory for the Albion as expected, have a good new year x

Great day in hospitality yesterday, so the game didn’t live up to the expectations that I had, but 3 points is 3 points and it brings us closer to the Play Offs and ends a pretty shit year on a high.

I think everything has pretty much been said about the match, and although we were poor, once we went in front, I never feared that Cowdenbeath were going to equalise, especially when they brought Mr Blobby on with 10 minutes to go.

None of our players really stood out yesterday, but whoever said that was our best performance this season obviously hasn’t been to many games, it’s the worst I have seen us play under KR and was pretty much what we came to expect under Mackay.

I was surprised to see Ferrie restored in goals, but as WC Bloggs has said, other than a blunder at Cliftonhill, he’s looked pretty steady in goals so far for us, and only lost the number 1 jersey due to injury.

As for the comment about KR looking to get involved when Fotheringham was sent to the stand, I was sitting right behind the Cowdenbeath dugout and it’s not the way I saw it. Forthingham’s reaction to a clear foul through was laughable, and I’m sure he’ll look back on it and be embarrassed, in over 30 years of watching football, I don’t think I have ever seen anyone react like that over a foul throw [emoji23] Gary Bollan tried to calm him down but to be fair on KR he was also just telling him to calm down and stop being silly, don’t think there was any malice or gamesmanship in it, but I might be wrong. As for his gesture towards the Cowden fans, I didn’t see it so can’t comment.

Happy New Year to fans of both clubs when it come.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Great day in hospitality yesterday, so the game didn’t live up to the expectations that I had, but 3 points is 3 points and it brings us closer to the Play Offs and ends a pretty shit year on a high.

I think everything has pretty much been said about the match, and although we were poor, once we went in front, I never feared that Cowdenbeath were going to equalise, especially when they brought Mr Blobby on with 10 minutes to go.

None of our players really stood out yesterday, but whoever said that was our best performance this season obviously hasn’t been to many games, it’s the worst I have seen us play under KR and was pretty much what we came to expect under Mackay.

I was surprised to see Ferrie restored in goals, but as WC Bloggs has said, other than a blunder at Cliftonhill, he’s looked pretty steady in goals so far for us, and only lost the number 1 jersey due to injury.

As for the comment about KR looking to get involved when Fotheringham was sent to the stand, I was sitting right behind the Cowdenbeath dugout and it’s not the way I saw it. Forthingham’s reaction to a clear foul through was laughable, and I’m sure he’ll look back on it and be embarrassed, in over 30 years of watching football, I don’t think I have ever seen anyone react like that over a foul throw emoji23.png Gary Bollan tried to calm him down but to be fair on KR he was also just telling him to calm down and stop being silly, don’t think there was any malice or gamesmanship in it, but I might be wrong. As for his gesture towards the Cowden fans, I didn’t see it so can’t comment.

Happy New Year to fans of both clubs when it come.

MOTM award J Allan.  MOTM was chosen by SASC,  as stated above, had enjoyed hospitality. Was MOTM Cowden's Allan for  his contribution to a shower of dross. Or Stirling's Allan  for  his impersonation of Dusty Bin as he passed the Cowden fans. Please tell me it was the latter.

2 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

MOTM award J Allan.  MOTM was chosen by SASC,  as stated above, had enjoyed hospitality. Was MOTM Cowden's Allan for  his contribution to a shower of dross. Or Stirling's Allan  for  his impersonation of Dusty Bin as he passed the Cowden fans. Please tell me it was the latter.

Stirling's Jordan Allan got the award for being able to tell the Cowden fans the score with his fingers. 

For me he didn't do anymore or any less than anyone else in the Stirling team I would have probably given it to the boy Docherty who scored your 2nd goal a decent strike. Thought the other Jordan Allan or David Cox for a Cowden MOM. 

24 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Kudos to the young steward, who was also working on the door of a pub after the game, stopping us getting into said pub out of pettiness. A moral victory to him. 

He's probably got a good chance of getting his head kicked in for the minimum wage so he's got to get some job satisfaction from somewhere.

23 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

To be fair he was rattled by the Cowden support. Our only victory of the day. 

Archived