Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

As has been said above, I think the Deas foul was outside the box. If the referee has awarded a penalty then why was Deas also sent off? It looked as if there was an attempt to play the ball so why the triple punishment?

As I was leaving, I heard a Stirling fan say that was the best they've played this season. That can't be true, surely? Apart from a 10 minute spell at the end of the first half, they were awful and were second best to a team with ten men in the second half.

Buchanan actually had a decent game at left back but was poor until the sending off. Jordan Allan is improving all the time.

Be interesting to see what our defence looks like next week with Talbot, Deas and Marsh all suspended. Who else can Bollan play instead of Swann?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As has been said above, I think the Deas foul was outside the box. If the referee has awarded a penalty then why was Deas also sent off? It looked as if there was an attempt to play the ball so why the triple punishment?

As I was leaving, I heard a Stirling fan say that was the best they've played this season. That can't be true, surely? Apart from a 10 minute spell at the end of the first half, they were awful and were second best to a team with ten men in the second half.

Buchanan actually had a decent game at left back but was poor until the sending off. Jordan Allan is improving all the time.

Be interesting to see what our defence looks like next week with Talbot, Deas and Marsh all suspended. Who else can Bollan play instead of Swann?
Fotheringh... oh wait...

That was only my second game of the season and it was a difficult watch. Barely any football played over the ninety minutes. 

Clear sending off, he could have gone for the foul on Smith earlier though. Nice goal by docherty but that apart, it was a pretty poor performance. 

18 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Oh, and the linesman got Fraser's foul throw spot on. His whole foot was on the pitch when he took the throw so Fotheringham was 100% in the wrong.

His foot was just about in Grangemouth it was that far from the line!

16 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Linesman said a pull on McDonald by Deas thereby preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity I would be interested to see again myself if any video highlights.

In terms of a measure of Stirling's performance to date would have to leave to Stirling fans to decide , I think second half we le them have the ball in midfield and invited them to try and break us down  but closed down the space and defended pretty well don't remember a clear opportunity for them second half  or a save from McGurn appart from a self inflicted short pass back. Two good opportunities for Pyper with headers from cross balls if he had managed to get an angle on them pretty sure would have hit the net but straight at the keeper.

Overall a frustrating day.

3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Tbh I thought it was given for a pull as well and not an attempt to play the ball. But I was half cut so...

Impressive Muzz  I was sober and thought a trip in an attempt to play the ball had to ask to find out  :lol:

The game hinged on the sending off and penalty as we were a goal up and comfortable at that point.

Highlights  will be interesting. From my view, McDonald  looked offside before being pulled back. That lino on the far side was incompetent throughout the whole game. I said last week I think we are being targeted by officials and today was more evidence.

Good to see young managers getting a chance but not impressed by Stirling manager today. Seemed keen to get involved with Fotheringham being sent to the stand and gestures to the Cowden support at the end was not required. 

35 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:
36 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Fotheringh... oh wait...

Agree Robbie did well when switched to LB he was poor right midfield bullied off the ball to easily. I thought Jordan Allan Cowden MOTM  great effort throughout I thought just befoe half time he was fading but recovered second half & put in a great shift he has ability too, I think with game time could be a player.

29 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Agree Robbie did well when switched to LB he was poor right midfield bullied off the ball to easily. I thought Jordan Allan Cowden MOTM  great effort throughout I thought just befoe half time he was fading but recovered second half & put in a great shift he has ability too, I think with game time could be a player.

Yes, Buchanan did well, not everyone’s favourite player but I’d have him playing, not at left back though.

We were strolling it until the penalty and I thought we were going to get a spanking second half but we had more of the play than Stirling.

But we don’t have much of an attacking threat and that should be a concern. It’s a pity we couldn’t get some shots on target as the Stirling keeper isn’t very good. 

I’m sure the Stirling fans won’t be complaining about the referee’s performance.

Is that Deas’s loanspell now over?

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Utter rubbish that was one of our poorest performances of the season, if he considers that a good performance then god help him, he clearly hasn't attended many Albion games this season.

A good routine win against a clear inferior side, although we certainly made it hard for ourselves at times.

Think the ref made the absolute correct decision for the red card tbh, good on him I'd say. Also this offside nonsense I see Cowden fans talking about???

Not pretty by any means but a wins a win and thats all that matters.

10 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

A good routine win against a clear inferior side, although we certainly made it hard for ourselves at times.

Think the ref made the absolute correct decision for the red card tbh, good on him I'd say. Also this offside nonsense I see Cowden fans talking about???

Lol

merry xmas

1 minute ago, JakeSAFC said:

Naw Jake, they weren't inferior. They shot themselves in the foot with the sending off.  That took most of the pressure off our defence.  We struggled enough against 10 of them, God knows how it might have went against 11 of them.   Our defence sucks mate. Superiority is not realistic until that's fixed.

Naw Jake, they weren't inferior. They shot themselves in the foot with the sending off.  That took most of the pressure off our defence.  We struggled enough against 10 of them, God knows how it might have went against 11 of them.   Our defence sucks mate. Superiority is not realistic until that's fixed.

100% inferior, as expected tbh. Although agree about our defence. Can be an absolute shambles at times. Thought the goalie did well today, good on him.

28 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

100% inferior, as expected tbh. Although agree about our defence. Can be an absolute shambles at times. Thought the goalie did well today, good on him.

We were poor because we were missing a key defender due to suspension, had a key player go off early injured, lost our best defender with the sending off.

Add to that,  Bollan bizarrely keeps two of our best players on the bench as well.

Despite all this, we only lost by a goal and could have scraped a a draw. 

Archived