Livi v Aberdeen

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

It definitely effected how we were trying to play anyway. We were trying to play quite intricately with the  McLennan, Anderson and wright cutting in and out, but as you say it seemed quite often when they turned tightly they slipped over. 

Anderson's injury looked wholly to do with trying to turn sharply on that abomination of a pitch.

It's simply impossible to play 'normal' football on that kind of artificial surface. You just have to adapt accordingly and hope it all goes well on the day.

3 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

If it was the pitch then every player would have landed on their arse at some point during the game.

Don’t get all defensive about your pitch. I love it. We’ve played on it once and won once. What’s not to like.

Don’t get all defensive about your pitch. I love it. We’ve played on it once and won once. What’s not to like.
I played on the pitch last week and I've got to say I was incredibly impressed.
Yes the ball doesn't bounce as well, but being a fat b*****d and usually playing on artificial surfaces in 5s etc, where every joint in my body and legs are like rocks for days afterward, I was completely fine afterwards.
It is a little slippery mind you but it genuinely feels like playing on grass.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

I played on the pitch last week and I've got to say I was incredibly impressed.
Yes the ball doesn't bounce as well, but being a fat b*****d and usually playing on artificial surfaces in 5s etc, where every joint in my body and legs are like rocks for days afterward, I was completely fine afterwards.
It is a little slippery mind you but it genuinely feels like playing on grass.

I played in a Scottish Cup tie there a few weeks ago also, it's a brilliant surface to play on. The majority of injuries on synthetic surfaces are caused by unsuitable boots.

2 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I played in a Scottish Cup tie there a few weeks ago also, it's a brilliant surface to play on. The majority of injuries on synthetic surfaces are caused by unsuitable boots.

Good to hear. Haven’t heard anyone criticise it after playing on it. I think people get hung up on the aesthetic vs performance. Some of the grass pitches are already wearing a bit thin - I’ll not hear anyone tell me that the ball is bouncing consistently in areas that are changing (over the course of the season). 

Hoping to get a game on it myself. Heard it’s quite reasonable to hire.

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Good to hear. Haven’t heard anyone criticise it after playing on it. I think people get hung up on the aesthetic vs performance. Some of the grass pitches are already wearing a bit thin - I’ll not hear anyone tell me that the ball is bouncing consistently in areas that are changing (over the course of the season). 

Played on it yesterday...I didn't hear any complaints from the other boys and they aren't all Livi fans

About 98 quid for half the pitch.

Archived