Livi v Aberdeen

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of our players stopped playing so no guarantees it would have gone in, but you’re right it didn’t look offside at the game. Nice finish mind, similar to a couple he’s scored before, the little dinked finish. It’s becoming a bit of a trademark. He looked a good player Hardie I have to say.

I’m not contesting the result, as I’ve said previously Aberdeen edged the game and deserved the win, it’s just frustrating that this decision has gone against us, no gaurentee he would go onto score but I’d bet a lot of money he would have and if we go ahead in the game we are much much tougher to break down and I think we get a point at the very least. 

Its just a tad frustrating as that’s a couple of big calls gone against us against aberdeen, the corner at Pittodrie that was clearly a goal kick and this, not saying it would’ve been deserved but it’s big calls that have gone against us that have probably cost us points. 

Swings in roundabouts I guess. 

Anderson, May and Cosgrove all playing.

Dvlq4XyX4AEBYLw.jpg&key=38277c2c0a2771e747e02a9a4cf783b1bd4e84a1969973e425c208ae42c78137

When I saw the team I feared the worst!! We must have a whole team missing now so it was wonderful to see quite a few of our youth team step up to the mark. Special mention to our subs Wilson, Gleeson and Campbell which really changed the game in our favour.

Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Hearts, and Hibs have went to Livingston and between them collected a massive 2 points, so it is wonderful to get all 3 points yesterday.

I do feel watching Livingston they have a chance of top 6 this season so good luck to them apart from when they are playing the dandy dons.

Happy New Year

52 minutes ago, crispy said:

Hardie was well clear, with the momentum of the far defender taking him away from goal, and the keeper was in no man’s land = clear goal for Hardie :P Great finish.

You are ignoring Joe Lewis's superpowers.

He does look onside and had a good chance of scoring, but we'll never know for sure.

39 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Can’t be sure he’d score but considering livi strikers in recent years I’ve never been more confident in a strikers finishing than with hardie

Aye, and he scored against Hibs under a lot more player pressure.

It’s a sore one, Aberdeen got the  breaks, not a lot in the match either way. 

Looking forward, hope we can keep the team together for the second half of the season. The boys are in with a great shout of top 6 considering recent  performances away from home improving and having a recognised striker on the park in Hardie (people forget Menga never played there ‘til Livi). I’ll be salivating by the time the Tynecastle game comes around!

21 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think Cadden has been brilliant since he came back into the team tbh. Came back a different player and looks lethal going forward. Don’t see how anyone can criticise him. 

Maybe i wasnt clear but i was referring to Cadden in this game where i would have subbed him even though he was a sub himself. He was very very poor. Compare that to the Hibs game though and he was brilliant especially defensively. Cadden is a good player but very hot and cold. On his day he is very good, but he is just as often very poor. 

Perhaps my perception is distorted by the likes of Pittman, Halkett and Gallagher who seem to perform brilliant in every game, cant expect that consistancy from everyone. 

6 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Any footage of the two penalty shouts on Bruce Anderson? 

I thought the first one was a pen at the time. The keeper caught the back of his legs but didn’t touch the ball. Feel if Bruce went down he’d have got a pen but it was McKean reffing so who knows. The second one wasn’t sure about, he caught an elbow but not sure how much was in it. I’ve not seen a replay yet though.

I thought the first one was a pen at the time. The keeper caught the back of his legs but didn’t touch the ball. Feel if Bruce went down he’d have got a pen but it was McKean reffing so who knows. The second one wasn’t sure about, he caught an elbow but not sure how much was in it. I’ve not seen a replay yet though.

I thought the first was touch and go but to be honest Anderson was never getting to the ball so it felt like he was always going to go down there, contact or not.

Second wasn’t a penalty at all for me. Think he’s maybe a little naive anderson as it always looks like he’s trying very hard to win a pen.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought the first was touch and go but to be honest Anderson was never getting to the ball so it felt like he was always going to go down there, contact or not.

Second wasn’t a penalty at all for me. Think he’s maybe a little naive anderson as it always looks like he’s trying very hard to win a pen.

I’ll have to see the first one back tbh but I do agree about Anderson.

Incidentally, In the first half especially it seemed the young boys were slipping all over the place due to the pitch. Not sure if they weren’t wearing the right footwear or what, thought they’d have been used to astro. 

I’ll have to see the first one back tbh but I do agree about Anderson.
Incidentally, In the first half especially it seemed the young boys were slipping all over the place due to the pitch. Not sure if they weren’t wearing the right footwear or what, thought they’d have been used to astro. 

Anderson slipped about five times in the first half due to the pitch. Basically any time he tried to turn quickly it seemed. I did wonder about footwear or if you just have to moderate your play on those sorts of pitches. Is it a different type of plastic pitch that Livingston use as it looked different to my untrained eyes yhan the ones Accies and Killie have?

30 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Anderson slipped about five times in the first half due to the pitch. Basically any time he tried to turn quickly it seemed. I did wonder about footwear or if you just have to moderate your play on those sorts of pitches. Is it a different type of plastic pitch that Livingston use as it looked different to my untrained eyes yhan the ones Accies and Killie have?

It definitely effected how we were trying to play anyway. We were trying to play quite intricately with the  McLennan, Anderson and wright cutting in and out, but as you say it seemed quite often when they turned tightly they slipped over. 

Archived