Stenny v Sons

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really understand what has gone wrong. Our home kit is white and black, our away kit is all red. Stenny's home kit is maroon and white, and their away kit is amber and black. Surely if we brought the home kit Stenny could've worn their home kit, and if we brought the away kit Stenny could wear their away kit?

Either way, what a fucking minter.
Thank f**k I'm elsewhere and half-cut.

Thank f**k for Forbes. Think the second free-kick was even better. He also hit the woodwork twice directly from corners.

We’re poor, but Stenny are absolutely woeful. A point was the least we deserved. Hopefully that’s the last time we’ll see a few of those play for us.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I can only assume Dyer being hooked (again) means he's had another stinker.

Is water still wet?

Anyway, that was woeful, but (once again) given some of the chances we passed up we really should've taken all three points. We have a horrific habit of conceding with every shot our opponents take, and then missing every sitter under the sun and relying on a moment of magic to save us.

Forbes hit the bar and post from corners, Gallagher/Thomson both hit Graeme Smith from the six yard box, and Hutton blazed over from about six yards with the goal gaping. We have to start taking those.

If we had a penalty box striker (a guy like McGuigan actually) we wouldn't be in this mess. Any semi-decent goalscorer would be having a field day in this team.

McBrearty mouthing off at our support after his second yellow only for Forbes to smash in the free-kick :lol:

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don't really understand what has gone wrong. Our home kit is white and black, our away kit is all red. Stenny's home kit is maroon and white, and their away kit is amber and black. Surely if we brought the home kit Stenny could've worn their home kit, and if we brought the away kit Stenny could wear their away kit?

Either way, what a fucking minter.

Apparently we showed up with the red strip (why?) and Stenny refused to change kits.

Man, that was a sore one. As soon as Connor McBrearty conceded the free-kick at the death, I thought: "we're in bother here". A free-kick, left of centre, 20 yards from goal is as good as a penalty for someone like Ross Forbes and his effort was gorgeous, hit with pace and dip, spinning away from Graeme Smith and kissing the post as it went into the net. Two points dropped but you can only stand and salute a free-kick of that calibre.

The first half is the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen all season. Other than the two goals - a deflected Harry Paton strike from the edge of the area and another Forbes free-kick, this one from about 30 yards (and one that Smith might have done better with) - it was relentlessly awful. It wasn't long-ball stuff, it was balls punted vertically into the air, over and over and over again. Stenny would hit it high, some players would contest it, then it would break to a Dumbarton player who kicked it very high again. Two poor teams playing as little football as possible.

The second half was entertaining with both teams having good spells and chances to score. Our second was very nice - Paton sprinted down the left leaving a couple of opposition players in his wake before finding Connor Duthie, whose low centre was poked home by Mark McGuigan. Then Dumbarton saw a lot of the ball and had us pegged back for spells, hitting the crossbar directly from the corner and forcing us into making some last-ditch tackles. We could have won it with some chances at the end (and if Paton had been a little more unselfish - there was a moment where he was charging forward, McGuigan and Seb Ross ahead of him and running through the Dumbarton defence, but Paton went himself and the move broke down) but we were naive to give away a free-kick in that kind of area.

I don't know what McBrearty did to earn himself a red card but fair play, if you walk off the pitch waving at the away support then you probably deserve to take a bodying. And what a way to do it!

Dumbarton are a poor side. So are we. Rubbish all round. Moving off the foot of the table would have been a nice way to finish 2018 but here we are.

4 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

Not a good day. Assistant manager telling a loyal fan to f**k off and Bobby Barr shouting abuse at fans.

If that was at half-time then it was probably deserved. Some of the stick directed Duffy's way was absolutely ridiculous. 

Archived