Stenny v Sons

It's nearly Thursday! I thought it was about time we started a match thread to stir us from our collective post-yuletide apathy.

I'm wondering if our pool of 12 fit players can pull off a shock here and get a point, or maybe three? (Have I taken this too far?)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'll be following events closely from Lochranza Distillery where my intake will likely be influenced by the scoreline.

Anyone with a spare monkey after Christmas should consider that the flagship whisky produced there is Arran Gold - a huge omen IMO.

It's almost as if Old Scrotum had nabbed your login details OK 111. Enjoy Scotland in "minature" :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Look on the positive side, with a bit of luck it might be the last time we watch a few members of this squad in a Sons top.

"Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength." (Psalms 8:2)

If it wasn't for bad luck, you know I wouldn't have no luck at all.  (Albert King*)

*I don't think his double negative is intended to be positive.

Cant wait for January to see who is going.No doubt there is a lot we are not being told and im sure more than one will be out in January.

As for rumours and there Are precious few, i was told  that Froxy may be returning.Im guessing its down to his profile pic showing him in a Sons top but you never know.

I still dont think it's going to be as easy as some think to offload some players. These guys will all have contracts, and unless someone else wants to take the contract on I can't see any of the players just leaving for nothing and allowing us to give their wage to someone else. I hope Jim can tempt some other clubs to take them on. Edinburgh city, peterhead, Airdrie, clyde, all enjoy splashing a few quid.

In team news for the Sons, Chris Smith has extended his loan period as emergency cover for goalkeeper Grant Adam, who remains out with a back injury.

Craig Barr's knee problems continue to keep him sidelined and Rory Loy again misses out.

Iain Russell faces a late test to establish if he is match fit and Ross Perry looks likely to be unavailable

Archived