DUNDEE vs ST. JOHNSTONE

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Asked what's the difference between Scottish football and football abroad and he replied along the lines of, 'there seems to be an acceptance more of lack of ability as long as there isn't a lack of mentality which seems more unacceptable over here.' - which is something I found interesting.

Not sure if that's an insult or not :lol:

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M8 our biggest game of the season will be for 4th place or latter stage of a cup. We ALL know your biggest will be against St Mirren in April.

Forgive me I’m not being disrespectful. I think your players feed off your relatively noisy large away support at Dens. Our players need to up their game to match it.

6 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Apparently Murray Davidson will be fit for this, somehow, he's gets injured a lot, but seems to recover within days.

Says who ? Has a scan tomorrow as couldn't get it done today.

The way he went off yesterday it looked like he'd be out for weeks. Despite it being right in front of us it was hard to see what he actually did to hurt himself. 

He should take Callachan under his wing and mentor him, he's halfway there already. Would be good to see the young lad grow his hair in a bit. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

M8 our biggest game of the season will be for 4th place or latter stage of a cup. We ALL know your biggest will be against St Mirren in April.

Tbf, at this rate it'll be when we pump the DABs in the playoffs. I'd rather not risk that situation however, given I'm not braindead enough to believe we could do that easily.

But it'd be nice to actually have a proper derby.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Banjo Kallman asked if he wants to stay at Dundee and he says he'd love to.

Asked what's the difference between Scottish football and football abroad and he replied along the lines of, 'there seems to be an acceptance more of lack of ability as long as there isn't a lack of mentality which seems more unacceptable over here.' - which is something I found interesting.

Finally, he was asked if Dundee fans were highlighting the importance of this upcoming 'derby' and he said, 'Every game is important to win, but it's not as if they're Dundee United.'

Ah well he will be looking forward to next season then..In fact you will have two derbies to look forward to if Arbroath get promoted 

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

The way he went off yesterday it looked like he'd be out for weeks. Despite it being right in front of us it was hard to see what he actually did to hurt himself. 

He should take Callachan under his wing and mentor him, he's halfway there already. Would be good to see the young lad grow his hair in a bit. 

Agreed I have a bad feeling that he may be out for the season.If so it may change TW's thoughts on the type of player he wants to bring in..If he is out long term along with Wright plus Scougall and Nydam going it leaves the midfield a bit bare 

2 hours ago, Daydream said:

Forgive me I’m not being disrespectful. I think your players feed off your relatively noisy large away support at Dens. Our players need to up their game to match it.

Indeed. Suits us that our players think it’s a derby and the Dundee players don’t. Long may that continue. 

4 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Agreed I have a bad feeling that he may be out for the season.If so it may change TW's thoughts on the type of player he wants to bring in..If he is out long term along with Wright plus Scougall and Nydham going it leaves the midfield a bit bare 

He's not the answer to the question but it's just reminded me - what's Ali McCann up to? Is he out on loan? Not seen him since pre-season but he looked a promising player on admittedly not much game time or against much opposition (think Hamilton was the only time I've seen him against Premiership).

It's the midfield that worries me most for this game, thought we looked exposed against Motherwell,  St Mirren and against Rangers. There's been talk about 'sitting back' but there's also the fact that we are just not winning the central midfield these last few games and not getting the ball on the ground. I agree, it's bit of a worry, one injury away from a problem. 

29 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

He's not the answer to the question but it's just reminded me - what's Ali McCann up to? Is he out on loan? Not seen him since pre-season but he looked a promising player on admittedly not much game time or against much opposition (think Hamilton was the only time I've seen him against Premiership).

It's the midfield that worries me most for this game, thought we looked exposed against Motherwell,  St Mirren and against Rangers. There's been talk about 'sitting back' but there's also the fact that we are just not winning the central midfield these last few games and not getting the ball on the ground. I agree, it's bit of a worry, one injury away from a problem. 

Tommy has said that he is looking to get McCann(and Kyle McLean)out on loan for the second half of the season..I don't think he's quite ready for the first team yet..

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Considering Dundee have currently 1 point from a possible 30 from the top 6, that’s the equivalent of me saying Scary Spice is my best chance of pumping a Spice Girl. 

Her or baby spice would be my choice. Scary is let down by a really annoying voice though.

Shouldnt be a problem for our friends from Dundee though isit. 

:guntoting

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Out of all our games against the top 6 this has got to our best chance of points. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win.

Tbf considering the strength of the middle pack this year, that's not too insulting.

Our away form is unbelievable though, I don't think we've even conceded in the last five games.

Absolute NAP Dundee are scoring after three minutes and winning the game 2-0.

Tbf considering the strength of the middle pack this year, that's not too insulting.
Our away form is unbelievable though, I don't think we've even conceded in the last five games.
Saints have as habit of giving Dundee a win just when they need it.

Please give us a late Christmas present!!!

[emoji48]

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We get this same shite from Saintees every game. "Dundee are hopeless, Saintees are amazing. But Dundee are bound to win".

So if we do somehow manage to win you can always fall back on your prediction to save face.  The fact is St Johnstone are much better than Dundee this season and if we beat you it will be a minter for you considering how amazing you believe your team to be.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Saints have been much better than Dundee for the last 11 years, but you raise your game against the big team occasionally, hence our poor recent record at Dens.

I would say the ability between the sides this season is far greater than recent seasons. We have just bombed out half the squad in the past 2 days. This is a game Siantees should be winning no matter how much our team raise their game. I am not even sure if they can.

Archived