DUNDEE vs ST. JOHNSTONE

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Saints still got a shite manager who plays shite football?

Was a joy to watch and if Dundee had been given 7 or 8 it wouldn't have been unjust.

Interesting too see what we do in the window. Names I've heard would certainly add more depth and options to an already good squad.

Shout out to Callachan who looks excellent. Reminds me a little of Phillip Scott who seemed to always get ahead of strikers a few times a game. Great engine on him and brave in the tackle and for receiving the ball.

You were easily the better team but a joy to watch and scoring 8 not being unjust is a bit extreme. 

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
14 minutes ago, thommohawk said:
You were easily the better team but a joy to watch and scoring 8 not being unjust is a bit extreme. 

I enjoyed to watch it and us. And if we had shooting boots it could have been 8

Yeah it could have been eight because you had eleven shots on target, but it could also have been nil. 

Well played St Johnstone. Better than us all over the park.
Dundee, that was pish. It was bereft of endeavour and overflowing with awful decision making. Worse, we already looked down.
The saving grace is that Mccann's tippy tally tolies are flushed away, or at least have been told to go and that St Mirren are still in reach.
The best we can hope for is a stay doon or hopefully not, a doon derby for us.
Happy New year boys.

I can usually stomach Dundee’s uselessness sober, but here I am, sat in the pub pished. In a season full of “worst game(s) I’ve ever seen from my team”, that was genuinely the worst. Looked like we were a team that had been relegated 2 weeks ago. We need to gut this team and thank the gods we’ve been gifted two teams nearly as shite as we are this season.

Fair play to the Fermers, easily the biggest crowd I’ve seen from them, and a team that looks good, fresh and hungry, though their inability to convert their many chances into goals could be worrying. I do wish your team actually lives up to its potential for once, Perth is lucky to have Tommy Wright and a decent team. Only positive thing from that backwater town lol. Enjoy yer night lads.

Surely we are able to improve this awful, AWFUL side in January, and maybe I’ll have some reason to keep coming back, because this is just ridiculous. Rant over.

Well, that was worth flying half way round the world for!

Not a failure for Saints but Kennedy is something special and Kerr might be our best young player since Callum Davidson, He bossed Miller all day. Actually thought we were better 2nd half, not sure Zander touched it for the first 20 mins of the 2nd. I have no idea how Woods only got a yellow for the boot on Kennedy, I can understand it as Kennedy was totally ripping the piss.

Really worried for Dundee, not only were the basic skills lacking but we won every header and 50/50. Had no idea who they were going to give MOM to, probably the keeper deserved it, the save from McMillan at the end was very good (unlike his kicking).

Hope Dundee stay up, much better away day than Hamilton or St Mirren but a very big window for them coming up.

I think your main chance is McIntyre will sign players who "know the league" which will drag you through, while it looks like St Mirren are signing a rake of folk from the Irish League, which never ends well.
Its mental how a team as poor as you lot aren't condemned by now.
We could be looking at a record low points for the teams finishing 10th and 11th.

Can't believe Ralph got sponsor's MoM! 
A staggering decision - can only assume they were a) his mates and/or family b) pissed up and having a joke. Utterly dreadful.

Another saints performance, and there has been a handful already, where there wasn't really a bad performance amongst the players. Kennedy was the terrific and it wasn't surprising to see him targeted in frustration towards the end. Callaghan looks a much better player over the last few games then I'd really expected to see. Centre halves were great again and it wouldn't be a surprise if we struggle to keep Kerr through January.

About as comfortable top flight victory as i can remember. As others have said, only negative that it wasn't four or five as the performance desevered.

On 28/12/2018 at 20:12, Estragon said:

Now 19/20 :lol:

Backed this in a treble and it didn't let me down. Although I thought Hamilton would win the Lanarkshire derby unfortunately. 

Also, St Mirren are comfortably better than Dundee at the moment. Really kept us on our toes this afternoon. Not a good time to be a Dee. 

At all...

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

A staggering decision - can only assume they were a) his mates and/or family b) pissed up and having a joke. Utterly dreadful.

He was a Saints fan who was told he couldn't choose a Saints player. Pretty certain he was pissed and having a joke!

Fair play Saintees you should’ve pumped us by 4 or 5 today. The boy Kennedy’s a player and 10 out of 10 for the lyrical genius who came up with his song, ye ABBA loving c***s. 

Onto my club. When a player like Kennedy is available make sure you outbid the likes of the wee Saintees for him FFS. 

Archived