Rangers V The Champions.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bennett said:

If this is PnBs reaction to Rangers winning a league match, what will they be like if we actually win a trophy.....

Finally coming to the realization that your club haven't won any major trophies yet?

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The stats simply don't say what you allege though.

Instead, they support what I'm arguing.

Here they are:

2009/10 - 45,582 (the Mowbray season)

2010/11 - 49,090

2011/12 - 50,904

2012/13 - 46,917 (Rangers in the fourth tier)

2013/14 - 47,079 (Rangers in the third tier)

2014/15 - 44,585 (Rangers in the second tier)

2015/16 - 44,965 (Rangers still in the second tier)

2016/17 - 55,581 (Rangers in top flight)

2017-18 57,624

The Mowbray season is admittedly an outlier, but it was very unsuccessful.  Otherwise though, it's clear that Celtic fans badly missed having Rangers around.

So are you saying 5,000 Celtic fans didn't renew their season tickets because rangers died?

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So are you saying 5,000 Celtic fans didn't renew their season tickets because rangers died?

Not quite, but it's clear that even though Celtic kept winning the League, interest tailed off, only to recover fully when again sharing a division with a version of Rangers.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not quite, but it's clear that even though Celtic kept winning the League, interest tailed off, only to recover fully when again sharing a division with a version of Rangers.

I'm sure there is many different reasons why a portion of Celtic fans didn't renew.
During Lennon's and Deila time Celtic were accused of downsizing but it was the most important time for celtic's recent success.
Being at the top and staying at the top is taking for granted,developing players was more important than winning trophies,the balance between players coming through the ranks and buying players for profit needed to be addressed, the nucleus of players are still enjoying success and still improving under Rodgers.

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm sure there is many different reasons why a portion of Celtic fans didn't renew.
During Lennon's and Deila time Celtic were accused of downsizing but it was the most important time for celtic's recent success.
Being at the top and staying at the top is taking for granted,developing players was more important than winning trophies,the balance between players coming through the ranks and buying players for profit needed to be addressed, the nucleus of players are still enjoying success and still improving under Rodgers.

Ok, but why are you telling me this?

I didn't go to Celtic games, or stay away from them because there was no Rangers.  Those that did are the people you should be pleading with.

Archived