Rangers V The Champions.

I'm obviously quite happy to tie any kind of deviant behaviour to the  Glasgow clubs but I'm currently sitting between two women at work who are really stretching the "football fans are scum" line.   One particular girl has said that last Saturday her block of flats was broken into and cars were stolen from the private car park.

Other woman said "there was an old firm game on, its probably been people who have came from that who have done it" and from there it has turned into a full blown discussion around how bad football fans are.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm obviously quite happy to tie any kind of deviant behaviour to the  Glasgow clubs but I'm currently sitting between two women at work who are really stretching the "football fans are scum" line.   One particular girl has said that last Saturday her block of flats was broken into and cars were stolen from the private car park.
Other woman said "there was an old firm game on, its probably been people who have came from that who have done it" and from there it has turned into a full blown discussion around how bad football fans are.
Tell them that as a football fan, if they continue this baseless stereotyping you will break both their noses

Amazing the gossip you can pick up in the Laundrette eh Dindy?

23 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm sure mourinho was worth every penny just as Steve C is at the famous pies.

Clearly Mourinho was not worth the money hence , he got the sack. SSC on the other hand is the exception to the rule, Killie fan managing the team he supports. If Carlsberg did football clubs Killie would be it.

6 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

SSC on the other hand is the exception to the rule,

Clearly the right person for the job making a difference,nothing to do with the coin.
Jack Ross clearly the right person for the job made a difference,nothing to do with the coin.
Claudio Ranieri clearly the right person not just the exception you see where this is going. 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Clearly the right person for the job making a difference,nothing to do with the coin.
Jack Ross clearly the right person for the job made a difference,nothing to do with the coin.
Claudio Ranieri clearly the right person not just the exception you see where this is going. 

Try as I might you definitely will not see that an abundance of money like your club has provides a distinct advantage over others. This has allowed Celtic Football Club to buy better players attract  better managers over the years. You have had a fair share of duffers though like the rest of us. That wealth also allows your club and the club on the other side of the Clyde , when they had money, to consistently weaken the opposition by buying their players when their dominance is threatened. Not a unique thing I am sure it happens in a lot of leagues throughout the world .  However the economics of Scottish Football in most instances did not allow clubs to turn the green/blue pound down that is changing slowly. 

In conclusion, money does have a direct influence on a clubs success with few exceptions. Football though is cyclical you have your ups and your downs.

19 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Try as I might you definitely will not see that an abundance of money like your club has provides a distinct advantage over others. This has allowed Celtic Football Club to buy better players attract  better managers over the years. You have had a fair share of duffers though like the rest of us. That wealth also allows your club and the club on the other side of the Clyde , when they had money, to consistently weaken the opposition by buying their players when their dominance is threatened. Not a unique thing I am sure it happens in a lot of leagues throughout the world .  However the economics of Scottish Football in most instances did not allow clubs to turn the green/blue pound down that is changing slowly. 

In conclusion, money does have a direct influence on a clubs success with few exceptions. Football though is cyclical you have your ups and your downs.

Look every club has it's own means test,I hate phrases like punching above their weight plus the emphasis of the coin or budgets is used as an excuse far too often.
Hibs and sevco beat Celtic fair and square if it was the other way round it's we can't compete with celtic's resources.
Your point on weakening the opposition works both ways through the loan market it's not perfect but helps, players will always want to play at the highest level possible.

I found it unbelievable that Brendan complained about the huge gap in resources between Celtic and the top European teams but could not see the irony relating to the even bigger  pro rata gap between  Celtic and the rest of the teams  in Scotland . 

Punching above their weight for say Killie and St Johnstone is a very relevant comment.

I found it unbelievable that Brendan complained about the huge gap in resources between Celtic and the top European teams but could not see the irony relating to the even bigger  pro rata gap between  Celtic and the rest of the teams  in Scotland . 
Punching above their weight for say Killie and St Johnstone is a very relevant comment.
I imagine he could see the irony but his job is to represent Celtic and not the other 11 clubs in the league.

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Punching above their weight is a very derogatory comment,it suggests they shouldn't be in that position.

It's a perfectly sensible comment that recognises that due to resources, club have wildly different realistic  prospects of success.

Teams are of course capable of punching above or below the weight their resources grant them.  That's the bit that still, just about keeps it interesting.  

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a perfectly sensible comment that recognises that due to resources, club have wildly different realistic  prospects of success.

Teams are of course capable of punching above or below the weight their resources grant them.  That's the bit that still, just about keeps it interesting.  

There is nothing realistic about football it is constantly moving, trying to label clubs where they should be in terms of resources is stale and stagnant thinking.

Heh, heh and heh....

eltic Football Club is surprised that there will be no disciplinary action taken by the Scottish FA regarding the incidents during the match on December 29, which have been widely addressed in the media. 

It is reported that no action was taken because the match referee saw all of the incidents in question. 

Given that the referee took no action at the time, this tends to suggest that such conduct, which in one instance led to a Celtic player, Anthony Ralston, being injured, is acceptable in Scottish football. That cannot be right.

On the day, Celtic did not play well enough to win the match, something we accept. However, this issue goes beyond the result of the match.

Celtic is not the only club this season to raise concerns regarding the standard of officiating at matches in Scotland, concerns which have also been shared by many commentators on the game.

In order to fully understand what is going on, Celtic, our supporters, Scottish clubs and the general Scottish football public need transparency in these matters, and we therefore call on the Scottish FA to allow the referee, John Beaton, to explain these decisions publicly as well as any match officials involved in other similar circumstances.

In the meantime, we have ordered a meeting with Scottish FA Chief Executive, Ian Maxwell, and the Association's Head of Refereeing.

Heh, heh and heh....

eltic Football Club is surprised that there will be no disciplinary action taken by the Scottish FA regarding the incidents during the match on December 29, which have been widely addressed in the media. 

It is reported that no action was taken because the match referee saw all of the incidents in question. 

Given that the referee took no action at the time, this tends to suggest that such conduct, which in one instance led to a Celtic player, Anthony Ralston, being injured, is acceptable in Scottish football. That cannot be right.

On the day, Celtic did not play well enough to win the match, something we accept. However, this issue goes beyond the result of the match.

Celtic is not the only club this season to raise concerns regarding the standard of officiating at matches in Scotland, concerns which have also been shared by many commentators on the game.

In order to fully understand what is going on, Celtic, our supporters, Scottish clubs and the general Scottish football public need transparency in these matters, and we therefore call on the Scottish FA to allow the referee, John Beaton, to explain these decisions publicly as well as any match officials involved in other similar circumstances.

In the meantime, we have ordered a meeting with Scottish FA Chief Executive, Ian Maxwell, and the Association's Head of Refereeing.
Dummy well and truly spat out.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Heh, heh and heh....

f**k them. Let them suck on those sour grapes until they choke.

Last season when Scott Sinclair dived to win a penalty and get our player red carded in the League Cup Final and then McGregor did the same a few days later to get them a penalty and a draw at Fir Park they were smugly arrogant and dismissive of us making complaints about it, even though we were completely justified in doing so. Well what goes around comes around and like the schoolyard bully they can dish it out yet squeal like wee piggies as soon as they get anything back or don't get what they want.

As I said, f**k them and f**k their outrage.

Archived