Rangers V The Champions.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Romeo said:

Ah Sevco ..the win wasn't enough eh..IMG-20181229-WA0003.jpg

Totally deserved win for Rangers, absolutely outworked Celtic and should've won by a couple more.

First time in a while I've been in Scotland for this game being on and forgot how grim it is. Fair amount of bellends out in the pub last night. That thing above is fucking vile. Imagine going to games and sitting amongst that.

I've lived away from Scotland for nine years now and people often get surprised at how animated I get when discussing Scottish football when I describe how much I hate both these horrendous institutions and the mutants who follow them. Yesterday reminded me why.

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

If we cut their allocation, there'd be even more of the c***s in the home end.

Not if your stewards and police are up to scratch. In a pleasantly spacious home end when we played Sevco at Scapa, it was easy to point out the two mutants who celebrated their 2nd goal. Both were ejected swiftly and any others with Sevco colours were denied entry, even with a ticket,

Regarding the allocation- the police wanted it left the way it was. The clubs played tit for tat despite being advised otherwise and  then there were injuries outside at the first game. That metal wall thing is laughable and sums up the sort of dregs that follow these clubs.

Not if your stewards and police are up to scratch. In a pleasantly spacious home end when we played Sevco at Scapa, it was easy to point out the two mutants who celebrated their 2nd goal. Both were ejected swiftly and any others with Sevco colours were denied entry, even with a ticket,
Regarding the allocation- the police wanted it left the way it was. The clubs played tit for tat despite being advised otherwise and  then there were injuries outside at the first game. That metal wall thing is laughable and sums up the sort of dregs that follow these clubs.
The police and stewards aren't up to scratch. They tell them to just hide their colours as they walk in, then stand and watch while they celebrate.

It probably does as a spectacle for the neutral, but I can understand rangers doing it.  They have been outplayed by their rivals in just about every game since they were resurrected up until yesterday,  and had to do something, anything, to change the balance.
Having a quarter of your own ground singing and bouncing and pushing on your opponent probably doesn't help, and when you're looking to find any advantage you can get, then maybe this was in some small way a contributory factor to rangers dominating Celtic.
They probably feel they're likely to get pumped at Celtic anyway, so doesn't matter about having few of their own fans there.
If rangers ever gained superiority over Celtic on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised to see them revert back to the original allocation for away fans. Really don't see this being down to increased demand from their own fans, as you can't imagine it's any greater now than in years before they went bust when the bigger away allocation wasn't an issue.

It does make you wonder for the rest of us, how many fewer points the OF would get on the road if all us diddies agreed to limit them to under 1000 tickets. We'd all go bust, but what a brilliant season it could be. I'm not saying the crowd is the main factor, but when just about every fixture is turned into a home match, there must be a major advantage.

Fair post, and agree it must give the away side a boost to have a huge travelling support urging them on from the stands. The guaranteed income must be an issue here though, irrespective of the form of the either side. The OF usually turn up in numbers.
As for the OF allocation, I’d be happy to see a complete shut out on C*ltic fans visiting Ibrox and a mutual reciprocation at Parkhead.
I wasn’t there yesterday, but reckon you wouldn’t get many complaints from the Bears in attendance about the lack of atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Fair post, and agree it must give the away side a boost to have a huge travelling support urging them on from the stands. The guaranteed income must be an issue here though, irrespective of the form of the either side. The OF usually turn up in numbers.
As for the OF allocation, I’d be happy to see a complete shut out on C*ltic fans visiting Ibrox and a mutual reciprocation at Parkhead.
I wasn’t there yesterday, but reckon you wouldn’t get many complaints from the Bears in attendance about the lack of atmosphere.

Yes agree the loss of income would be a huge hit for most clubs.

Its a difficult one though, as in the early 90's Saints would get over 8000 home fans against the old firm, and the games had a totally different feel; it felt like it was the OF teams who were up against it a bit rather than us as it does these days in home matches against either side.  Nowadays, we get our worst home supports against your two teams, and are lucky if it's 2000 home fans. So we could sell 7500 tickets to visiting fans, filling the stadium and maximising income, but at what cost longer term?.. alienating home fans and encouraging more not to attend, and effectively helping boost OF support by making it easier to see them in person at more grounds.

If we restricted OF away tickets to 1000, would more home fans come along? And if  everyone did the same, would this help grow the supports of clubs in their own communities rather than local people all over Scotland growing up watching the OF because we all make it quite easy to see them home and away?

Anyway, bit of a tangent for a rangers/Celtic thread!

Surprised you wouldn't want any away support at all at OF matches, even away supports of a few hundred are good for a bit of crack with during a game compared to none at all.

26 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Imagine grown men (I presume) going to the trouble of actually getting those flags made. What a fucking tragic support.

And another one to make it.

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lee Rigby’s family will be disappointed. His memorial flag seems to be obscured.

I'm sure they'll understand.

Yes agree the loss of income would be a huge hit for most clubs. Its a difficult one though, as in the early 90's Saints would get over 8000 home fans against the old firm, and the games had a totally different feel; it felt like it was the OF teams who were up against it a bit rather than us as it does these days in home matches against either side.  Nowadays, we get our worst home supports against your two teams, and are lucky if it's 2000 home fans. So we could sell 7500 tickets to visiting fans, filling the stadium and maximising income, but at what cost longer term?.. alienating home fans and encouraging more not to attend, and effectively helping boost OF support by making it easier to see them in person at more grounds. If we restricted OF away tickets to 1000, would more home fans come along? And if  everyone did the same, would this help grow the supports of clubs in their own communities rather than local people all over Scotland growing up watching the OF because we all make it quite easy to see them home and away? Anyway, bit of a tangent for a rangers/Celtic thread! Surprised you wouldn't want any away support at all at OF matches, even away supports of a few hundred are good for a bit of crack with during a game compared to none at all.  

Interesting stuff, perhaps the SFA and the TV companies/sponsors could incentivise/subsidise the smaller clubs (who are much more reliant on OF ticket sales) for a couple of seasons, in the longer term interests of growing the game and increasing the level of local support. Is that just wishful thinking? You’d still get pretty much the same attraction to the old firm outside Glasgow however, just as the bigger clubs in England pull in support from outside their immediate geographic area.  

As for the old firm game, I could quite easily miss the game at Parkhead, and I’m sure there are also Hoops fans who could give Ibrox a swerve, although they’ve clearly enjoyed their visits much more than we have in recent years. The OF has always had an explosive atmosphere, but its volatility has changed somehow, perhaps it’s just as I’ve got older. As posted earlier back up the board, the dividing barriers at Ibrox and Hampden (when we play each other) are a poor indictment on our game. Seems they ARE necessary though.

It wasn’t always the case at Ibrox, as the picture below shows.

250q8fq.jpg&key=5ae507fbb657814c798093f7fe14e126eff2bd9d90d4c8aa7bf9cc99bdc14cc9

9 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Interesting stuff, perhaps the SFA and the TV companies/sponsors could incentivise/subsidise the smaller clubs (who are much more reliant on OF ticket sales) for a couple of seasons, in the longer term interests of growing the game and increasing the level of local support. Is that just wishful thinking? You’d still get pretty much the same attraction to the old firm outside Glasgow however, just as the bigger clubs in England pull in support from outside their immediate geographic area.  

As for the old firm game, I could quite easily miss the game at Parkhead, and I’m sure there are also Hoops fans who could give Ibrox a swerve, although they’ve clearly enjoyed their visits much more than we have in recent years. The OF has always had an explosive atmosphere, but its volatility has changed somehow, perhaps it’s just as I’ve got older. As posted earlier back up the board, the dividing barriers at Ibrox and Hampden (when we play each other) are a poor indictment on our game. Seems they ARE necessary though.

It wasn’t always the case at Ibrox, as the picture below shows.

250q8fq.jpg&key=5ae507fbb657814c798093f7fe14e126eff2bd9d90d4c8aa7bf9cc99bdc14cc9

Aye, everything was peachy back in the day.

Guest Moomintroll

Are any Rangers fans aware of the irony in that rushing to accuse a man of protecting paedos while referencing Catholicism, they are accusing a man who was actually a Protestant of doing so. Grow up you imbeciles (on both sides).

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

The police and stewards aren't up to scratch. They tell them to just hide their colours as they walk in, then stand and watch while they celebrate.

Quite surprised at that. We’ve even had the odd Sevco mutant ejected from the Morton support at Parkhead.

I’m not saying it was ‘peachy’ Serge, there have been all too many altercations over the years on match days. Maybe it’s just me, but the spiteful, vindictiveness of the occasion has heightened since the days we were given the whole ‘end’ at Parkhead.

Archived