Rangers V The Champions.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Nothing at all in this thread about the “coughing” that could be heard in the east enclosure that had a minute silence to remember 66 people that died going to watch a game of football.

Dunno about that, from a *** mate heard there was a shout on each side but not much else, but I do know the filthy *** b*****ds had banners about a manager who tried to save their dying supporters.

Why is that good?
As an aside to our earlier conversation on the Livi pub thread. I had the misfortune to bump in to some Rangers supporters at Cumbernauld juniors today, besides the usual shite I heard a particular comment that stood out...
 "We deserve this!"
 Therein lies the problem.

Ach, I dunno, they’ve been on a bit of disappointing run recently, good to see em get going again after their encouraging start to the season, (first six on the bounce?)I’m no fan of Levein but It would be a shame to see it wasted that’s all?
On your second point, we certainly deserved the points today! I’m not sure what ‘we deserve this means’, were they referring to the day as an occasion or celebration perhaps? It is some time since we beat The Hoops, and as fans have suffered a number of embarrassing defeats in the meantime. Possibly a reward for enduring that long period??
I can see that, I suppose.

Dunno about that, from a *** mate heard there was a shout on each side but not much else, but I do know the filthy *** b*****ds had banners about a manager who tried to save their dying supporters.

There was coughing that was obviously exaggerated that I heard from the opposite corner of the ground. 40 seconds that silence lasted and your right there was shouts from the rangers end.
I never seen the flags and baanners that your talking about but know they were there and some of the songs coming out of Ibrox now are out of order.

1 minute ago, the philosopher said:

No even read the rest o the thread but simples, Rangers dominated Celtic.If it was not for Craig Gordon  could  of been 5  or 6  

Killie outside bet for the league ? Pains me to  say maybe even the Sheep Shaggers

Anythings possible but with a wee break and no more European games we should hopefully be a bit more consistent.  

Another striker and a creative midfielder would be appreciated.

Celtic will probably strengthen their squad during the break too.

18 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Wonder if reducing the away ticket allocation has made any difference. Haven’t heard the Celtic fans once.

18 hours ago, FlyerTon said:

Is this an ongoing thing between the two clubs now?  Usually 7,000 away fans now 700?

18 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
18 hours ago, FlyerTon said:
Is this an ongoing thing between the two clubs now?  Usually 7,000 away fans now 700?

It takes away a massive part of the fixture.

It probably does as a spectacle for the neutral, but I can understand rangers doing it.  They have been outplayed by their rivals in just about every game since they were resurrected up until yesterday,  and had to do something, anything, to change the balance.

Having a quarter of your own ground singing and bouncing and pushing on your opponent probably doesn't help, and when you're looking to find any advantage you can get, then maybe this was in some small way a contributory factor to rangers dominating Celtic.

They probably feel they're likely to get pumped at Celtic anyway, so doesn't matter about having few of their own fans there.

If rangers ever gained superiority over Celtic on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised to see them revert back to the original allocation for away fans. Really don't see this being down to increased demand from their own fans, as you can't imagine it's any greater now than in years before they went bust when the bigger away allocation wasn't an issue.

It does make you wonder for the rest of us, how many fewer points the OF would get on the road if all us diddies agreed to limit them to under 1000 tickets. We'd all go bust, but what a brilliant season it could be. I'm not saying the crowd is the main factor, but when just about every fixture is turned into a home match, there must be a major advantage.

55 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It probably does as a spectacle for the neutral, but I can understand rangers doing it.  They have been outplayed by their rivals in just about every game since they were resurrected up until yesterday,  and had to do something, anything, to change the balance.

Having a quarter of your own ground singing and bouncing and pushing on your opponent probably doesn't help, and when you're looking to find any advantage you can get, then maybe this was in some small way a contributory factor to rangers dominating Celtic.

They probably feel they're likely to get pumped at Celtic anyway, so doesn't matter about having few of their own fans there.

If rangers ever gained superiority over Celtic on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised to see them revert back to the original allocation for away fans. Really don't see this being down to increased demand from their own fans, as you can't imagine it's any greater now than in years before they went bust when the bigger away allocation wasn't an issue.

It does make you wonder for the rest of us, how many fewer points the OF would get on the road if all us diddies agreed to limit them to under 1000 tickets. We'd all go bust, but what a brilliant season it could be. I'm not saying the crowd is the main factor, but when just about every fixture is turned into a home match, there must be a major advantage.

All good points.

I'm assuming the "we'd all go bust" line is in jest?  Recent events have shown how fallacious such ideas are.  The tactic you suggest, served Motherwell well in the play-offs.

Celtic previously reduced Rangers allocation for parkheid and we accepted it without complaint, not sure why they're moaning now.

Oh, has anyone seen Magee, he's been awfy quiet recently?

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

All good points.

I'm assuming the "we'd all go bust" line is in jest?  Recent events have shown how fallacious such ideas are.  The tactic you suggest, served Motherwell well in the play-offs.

Yes I was at it before somebody else suggested it. Forgot about the Motherwell play-off which was another good example of the effectiveness of reducing the advantage for the bigger club.

Think Hibs have reduced away supports to half behind the goal as well haven't they?  Drawn with Rangers and beaten Celtic at home this season.

Yes I was at it before somebody else suggested it. Forgot about the Motherwell play-off which was another good example of the effectiveness of reducing the advantage for the bigger club.
Think Hibs have reduced away supports to half behind the goal as well haven't they?  Drawn with Rangers and beaten Celtic at home this season.

We’ve halved their allocation in the last few years and it’s been very enjoyable.

Not sure it’s necessarily had a direct impact on results but certainly improved the match day experience for me, can barely hear them.

Archived