Rangers V The Champions.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers deserved that - it was a humiliation of Celtic on every measure except the score line. I was anticipating a flukey equaliser just to unleash some traditional hilarity after all the sitters Sevco fluffed.
Bizarre selection from Rodgers but I’m not convinced it made that much difference anyway. The Rangers midfield were relentless and would have rag dolled Celtic into a limp submission regardless of who started the game.

We were shite but are you trying to say Morelos getting his deserved red card in the first minute wouldn't have been 'a factor' in the result?

Pretty much, aye. Was genuinely about to congratulate Celtic fans for being magnanimous in defeat - not something I would expect from either team in the game - and accepting that the better team won. Also note that I said "THE factor" rather than "A factor." I should probably have said "the overriding factor" if we're being semantic but to be honest I'm not sure having Neil Lennon in a balaclava with a load of semtex in his pocket and an Irish tricolour with "Up the 'Ra" printed on it draped around his shoulders refereeing the game would have made a difference with that performance.

A couple of things. 

1. I'm fairly sure there's a part of the forum specific to (TIN)OF nonsense. It seems to have spilled over into the pure and sensible part of the forum, like an oil slick besmirching a white, sandy beach.

2. The BBC report made the Rangers midfield sound formidable today. Jack has been mostly unimpressive this season (according to reports on here), and I reckon McCrorie is a donkey. How did these two play today and could they do a job for the national side?

**** go like that every game they probably could get a league title. However to use a line trotted out by them against anyone else they play ‘it was their cup final’. 

Surprised by how it went to be honest but **** couldn’t handle it. Shame for broon and lustig...

12 minutes ago, red23 said:

There are no winners i'm afraid.

Regardless of who you support, All of you, every single one of you are bigoted morons living from one benefits cheque to the next.

I’m on above average actually #baller

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

A couple of things. 

1. I'm fairly sure there's a part of the forum specific to (TIN)OF nonsense. It seems to have spilled over into the pure and sensible part of the forum, like an oil slick besmirching a white, sandy beach.

2. The BBC report made the Rangers midfield sound formidable today. Jack has been mostly unimpressive this season (according to reports on here), and I reckon McCrorie is a donkey. How did these two play today and could they do a job for the national side?

Jack's had a lot of injuries this season but had a good game today and also had some excellent performances in some of our Europa League matches.  They way he took his goal was exemplary.

McCrorie was also good - better than anyone Celtic had in midfield - but it's a bit of a puzzle to know where to play him.  He's not good enough in the air to play at CB and his tackling can be awry.  Equally, he's not that great on the ball but he can be quick to break up play.  I reckon another year or two is needed before he matures in to a real player.

Jack should certainly be in any Scotland team.  McCrorie?  No.

Are Sevco actually celebrating moving from 2nd place to 2nd place..[emoji849]
No we are celebrating beating our oldest rivals has yet again we were written off but guess what we showed what we are capable off now its a all our for the league

25 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Pretty much, aye. Was genuinely about to congratulate Celtic fans for being magnanimous in defeat - not something I would expect from either team in the game - and accepting that the better team won. Also note that I said "THE factor" rather than "A factor." I should probably have said "the overriding factor" if we're being semantic but to be honest I'm not sure having Neil Lennon in a balaclava with a load of semtex in his pocket and an Irish tricolour with "Up the 'Ra" printed on it draped around his shoulders refereeing the game would have made a difference with that performance.

Hi Lord Nimmo Smith! ;)

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Jack's had a lot of injuries this season but had a good game today and also had some excellent performances in some of our Europa League matches.  They way he took his goal was exemplary.

McCrorie was also good - better than anyone Celtic had in midfield - but it's a bit of a puzzle to know where to play him.  He's not good enough in the air to play at CB and his tackling can be awry.  Equally, he's not that great on the ball but he can be quick to break up play.  I reckon another year or two is needed before he matures in to a real player.

Jack should certainly be in any Scotland team.  McCrorie?  No.

Really? Watch it again, poor shot heading straight for the keeper until it hits the only other player in front of him.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Really? Watch it again, poor shot heading straight for the keeper until it hits the only other player in front of him.

Well the alternative view is that Broonie was our best attacker today.  One cute backheeler and a header  'denied by the woodwork'.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well the alternative view is that Broonie was our best attacker today.  One cute backheeler and a header  'denied by the woodwork'.

This is a view it would be hard to argue with but then I've never been his biggest fan. 

I prefer my footballers to have at least a modicum of ability.

Archived