Montrose vs Arbroath

Would have loved a victory and disappointed we lost our lead but I suppose playing for most of the second half with ten men, it wasn't too bad a result. Would like to hear more about the match, particularly the football aspect, rather than "fan" misbehaviour, from people who were actually there.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would have loved a victory and disappointed we lost our lead but I suppose playing for most of the second half with ten men, it wasn't too bad a result. Would like to hear more about the match, particularly the football aspect, rather than "fan" misbehaviour, from people who were actually there.

Arbroath dominated the first half and should’ve done better with the chances had imo. The second half was much better from Montrose and they actually improved after going down to ten men, I didn’t have a clear view of the red card would like to hear Montrose fans opinion on it

23 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Not a lot to discuss really Montrose looked more dangerous with ten than eleven men, we didn't take advantage of the extra man. Both teams cancelled each other out the keepers had little to do but a good point for the lichties with results elsewhere. Montrose definitely a better team now than earlier in the season 

36 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Would have loved a victory and disappointed we lost our lead but I suppose playing for the second half with ten men, it wasn't too bad a result. Would like to hear more about the match, particularly the football aspect, rather than "fan" misbehaviour, from people who were actually there.

I thought Arbroath could of caused Campbell more trouble, we didn’t offer much in second half, probably should of went in at the break ahead, Think Wallace’s confidence is gone and taking Mckenna off make us weeker but he would of probably ended up sent off, 

From first glance it looked a certain Red card, it was a really wild challenge and pretty stupid from Watson ata point when the Ref was loosing control, 

Montrose are a tough team to break down and always up there game against us, I fancy them to have a great chance of getting  into the playoffs as well 

Draw was a fair result. Arbroath started the better team but Mo came into the game. Feared the worst when we went down to 10 men but after sending off,  Arbroath never really troubled us.

Be interesting to see the red card on footage.  The ref had the card out before the Smokie player hit the deck. There was no injury or writhing about in pain.

That said, Watson does put in some meaty challenges which some refs will punish.

So, after Lichtie 1888 calling Mo fans, SCUM & minks, it appears that the worst behaved in the support came from Arbroath? At least he had the decency to call them out for their behaviour, it would be nice if he could retract the earlier statements made towards the Montrose support?
In particular@Mo83 as his joke comment about the scumbag Yaxley-Lennon was just that (a joke). I’m sure if that wankstain ever turned up at Links Park, there are enough good thinking fans to get him booted to f**k & out the ground.
Anyway, good point for the Mo & before last week I’d have thought this result unlikely. The league is there for the smokies to win, typical Raith screwing up after a great result last week. Anyway, I’m sorry to have missed the game.
Stewart Petrie should receive the keys to the town & be allowed first refusal at every season ticket holders wife. I fear we’ll lose him soon....

Probably not considering you have an actual racist giving his support to you

Please provide the source of that link you posted. I’m sure you were asked previously? If that’s a genuine statement from the fascist & racist p***k, how can normal, good thinking, Montrose fans prevent it? Other than weeding out the scumbags that would encourage that shite?

Probably not considering you have an actual racist giving his support to you

Also, that’s not what’s actually happened. Your young team behaved terribly, as pointed out by your own support....,.
The majority of Montrose & Arbroath fans get on great & probably drink with each other week in - week out (thank you ecto’s). Anyway....

Also, that’s not what’s actually happened. Your young team behaved terribly, as pointed out by your own support....,.
The majority of Montrose & Arbroath fans get on great & probably drink with each other week in - week out (thank you ecto’s). Anyway....

Well if you’ve got ears I’m pretty sure you can hear the source you gonk

Wasn’t the best game I’ve ever seen. Not many clear cut chances. Arbroath had a few players not at their best today. Ryan McCord looked good when he came on and Gavin Swankie had a good first half but quieter in the second. Everything was a bit flat today, on and off the pitch. ToB my man of the match today. Montrose look decent and can challenge for the play offs. Delighted that we increased the lead at the top despite the draw, thanks EF.

Thought Arbroath were the better team in the first half as Mo stood off and didn't get into their stride but at half-time they must have realised that Arbroath would no doubt find a goal from somewhere  so why not have a go at them. Second half I still think the Smokies got onto the loose balls better but Montrose started to look more like scoring. A draw a decent result for both teams on the day.

As for the red card I have to admit it looked like a two footed wild challenge so no point in appealing. Not the only meaty challenge of the game mind - but what's to be expected in a Mo v Smokies 'derby' game? Either side could have nicked it late on.

We'll miss Watson at Stranny next week. Smokies need to get back to winning ways and focus on bringing Championship football back to Angus.

Looked a rash challenge from the Dynamo for Watson’s red card.

Disappointed we didn’t start with CJ, however SP would of had his reasons.  As said Arbroath looked the brighter in the first half, however the Mo came in to in the 2nd.  A great glancing header in the dying embers of the game stopped Ross Campbell making contact which could of won the game, a draw was probably a fair result in the end.

Decent game, whoever them jackets b*****ds are who started fighting in Arbroath end, please never come back, yous only come for 4 games a season, f**k off
Heard you were scrapping in the away end........scum

Archived