Little
Hammy

Kader
Gold
Swankie
Linn

Doris
McKenna

Agree with that bar I'd go Wallace for Doris, simply due to the fact I don't think Doris is fit enough yet to start. If Doris was fully fit at this point I'd have gone with him, and if Wallace was in the form he was in back in August/ September it'd be him absolutely no contest that he would start. Unfortunately neither of them are on form, but Wallace is fit and Doris isn't from what I can see. Also, the McKenna/ Wallace partnership was working fantastically for the few 3 months of the season so we know they can work well together.

Both of them really need to get a goal in the next few weeks, I think we've had something like 1 goal from our strikers since the Brechin game? Wallace hasn't been bad in the last 3/4 games, but he's been very average.... so has Doris in my opinion (in the games he's started, he was superb in the first few games he came on as sub) but he has the leeway of coming back from a long term injury and the obvious difficulties that incurs especially at part time level.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with that bar I'd go Wallace for Doris, simply due to the fact I don't think Doris is fit enough yet to start. If Doris was fully fit at this point I'd have gone with him, and if Wallace was in the form he was in back in August/ September it'd be him absolutely no contest that he would start. Unfortunately neither of them are on form, but Wallace is fit and Doris isn't from what I can see. Also, the McKenna/ Wallace partnership was working fantastically for the few 3 months of the season so we know they can work well together.
Both of them really need to get a goal in the next few weeks, I think we've had something like 1 goal from our strikers since the Brechin game? Wallace hasn't been bad in the last 3/4 games, but he's been very average.... so has Doris in my opinion (in the games he's started, he was superb in the first few games he came on as sub) but he has the leeway of coming back from a long term injury and the obvious difficulties that incurs especially at part time level.

I agree none of them are on form and I think Wallace has lost a bit of confidence from being dropped a couple of times in the last 3/4 weeks and has had an affect on him. I know Doris isn’t 100% fit yet but getting minutes under his belt will get his fitness back to where it needs to be. I personally just prefer the way Doris plays and puts himself about, very few times a defender wins a clean header against him. Wouldn’t really be bothered which one of them starts but I do think McKenna needs to play up front and not waste him out wide.

I agree none of them are on form and I think Wallace has lost a bit of confidence from being dropped a couple of times in the last 3/4 weeks and has had an affect on him. I know Doris isn’t 100% fit yet but getting minutes under his belt will get his fitness back to where it needs to be. I personally just prefer the way Doris plays and puts himself about, very few times a defender wins a clean header against him. Wouldn’t really be bothered which one of them starts but I do think McKenna needs to play up front and not waste him out wide.

The small squad is hampering Doris, he really should have been out on loan for a couple of months playing games, scoring goals, instead trying to get him fit during the campaign, as a player Doris is a better player than Wallace, but we won games with Wallace and McKenna

I don’t really think Doris and Wallace are comparable as strikers. Their best attributes are so different so IMO it’s unfair to say who is a better striker.

Not sure anyone did, tbf

17 minutes ago, ecto said:

Know what would be funny, if we won this weekend and you didn't, just saying

As a Raith fan of many years that'd be neither funny nor surprising!

Next!

Arbroath to come out fighting after their first league defeat of the season, Montrose to up the ante from Flag Day & have installed waltzers, a log flume & a candy floss stall on the immaculate 3G Links Park surface.
All frivolities will be disassembled minutes before kick off by the helpful & community minded CP company brigades from both Aberbrothick & Montrose.
Gavin Swankie to receive no abuse whatsoever from the home crowd. Dick Campbell to take up his managerial duties from the deepest, darkest section of the Dynamo.
An enthralling first half to be evenly contested with the visitors eating their half time oranges with an 8 (eight) goal advantage.
Sir Stewart Petrie to deliver a half time pep talk of the nature unheard of since William Wallace at Stirling Bridge, the Gable Endies to score 9 without reply with 30 minutes still remaining.
The Lichties gentlemanly concede defeat and both teams retire to Sharkys for soup & a sandwich & await the result from Starks Park whilst watching Betamax recordings of Jocky Wilson in his hey-day.
Either the above, or a turgid 2-1 win for Arbroath.

Last thing we need is that waste of skin mentioning Montrose.

Twat of a man.

Anyway back to the football. Bit of a free swing for us really. Arbroath's run was outstanding but I felt they just started to show signs of not quite 100% form even before last week.

We have improved as the season has progressed. Got to grips with the challenge and really noticeable the improvement in a number of players. Mark of good coaching and management.

Closely fought out win for the Mo by the odd goal and Arbroaths lead in the league almost halved in 2 games.

Wow. Tommy Robinson and Montrose obviously linked with one another, absolute scum. Wouldn’t have Arbroath and racists in the same sentence, hope this video comes back and bites them in the bottom tomorrow at 4:45
Lol what a complete melt you are!!!

Archived