Montrose vs Arbroath

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought 1st half we were the better team without creating too much, Montrose offered very little.
Second half Montrose came back into it and seemed to play better with 10 men and we couldn’t get playing, great response from us to equalise so quickly after scoring, didn’t have a great few of the red card but after watching the highlights a clear red card. Draw probably a fair result in the end and 11 points clear going into the new year!!!

As for a small minority of the fans today, what an absolute embarrassment having a go at bobby today for all he has done this season for us, we wouldn’t be top of the league without him. Just ridiculous how a fan who has been to about 2 games this season can start having a go at someone cos he expects to come and see us win cos we’re top of the league, they can get to f**k. Then starting to punch 17 year olds, need to get a grip and act their age. Bunch of minks

Unfortunately it happens, the once or twice a season morons who turn up because it’s Montrose away at Xmas time ruin it for the rest of the real Arbroath fans.

Start berating players like f**k and get called out for it and told to stfu by the boys who go every... then because they are fucking geared up idiots decide they want to fight each other. Stay away from the club please [emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417]

Really hope the club get the help to identify who the culprits are and are swiftly telt they aren’t allowed back to gayfield for the day we win the league.

6 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

Unfortunately it happens, the once or twice a season morons who turn up because it’s Montrose away at Xmas time ruin it for the rest of the real Arbroath fans.

Start berating players like f**k and get called out for it and told to stfu by the boys who go every... then because they are fucking geared up idiots decide they want to fight each other. Stay away from the club please emoji1417.pngemoji1417.pngemoji1417.png

Really hope the club get the help to identify who the culprits are and are swiftly telt they aren’t allowed back to gayfield for the day we win the league.

Spoke with the safety officer and apparently they should never of been allowed in however some Arbroath fans promised they would be ok and make sure they didn’t cause any trouble.

As for the Tommy Robinson pish if he turned up at Links Park he wouldn’t be let in and for someone who has been going for nearly 35yrs don’t want anything to do with the p***k, certainly doesn’t represent the views of the Montrose fans 

Pretty boring derby yesterday not much to report.Arbroath the better team in the first half with Montrose shading it in the second with 10 men
Ref was honking for both teams yesterday,Smokies fighting amongst each other what a pathetic thing to do.
600 odd smokies through good support I must say no much singing like for being top of the league hardly knew you were in the ground.

A competitive derby which I enjoyed. Arbroath started well and they looked like a team that was running away with the League but, Montrose worked themselves into the match and the first half ended honours even. The second half was Montrose’s. Although the sending off was in front of me I had momentarily looked away and missed the incident; look forward to seeing it on Montrosetv but, some of the people around me felt Paul Watson had let us down.  We deservedly took the lead and had not long sat down when Arbroath scored with their best cross of the game. A draw is about right. Arbroath are solid at the back, competitive in midfield but, on today’s showing didn’t create enough good chances. A fantastic crowd of 1,666 added to the sense of occasion: 600 plus from Arbroath which means there were double the normal Montrose crowd - hopefully some of them saw enough to come back in two weeks. 

Recently we beat East Fife(3rd), and Raith(2nd), narrowly lost to Forfar(4th) in terrible weather conditions and went toe-to-toe with the best team in the division. At the very least Montrose has become a good League 1 side and arguably we end 2018 as the form team. At the start of the season I’d have taken 8th, and that must remain the goal, but we enter the second half of the season with Play Off aspirations. Well done to Stewart Petrie, the team and the Board. 

Montrose seemed to get more space when they had 10 men. Smith coming on for McKenna then ending up on the right wing was very strange. Hopefully he'll be away back to the pars as Hester is a better option than him imo. Draw was probably the correct result but would have loved the seens if Gold had buried that chance at the end. Didn't see the crowd trouble with Bobby when did that happen?

Montrose seemed to get more space when they had 10 men. Smith coming on for McKenna then ending up on the right wing was very strange. Hopefully he'll be away back to the pars as Hester is a better option than him imo. Draw was probably the correct result but would have loved the seens if Gold had buried that chance at the end. Didn't see the crowd trouble with Bobby when did that happen?

Smith loan being extended Iv heard

Well, I’m going to have to eat my own words, appears that the Yaxley-Lennon tweet / instagram was for real & instigated by a loyal mo fan.
Absolutely disgusted by this & have told the perpetrator exactly that. It’s hopefully not seen as a reflection on the Mo support in general as I’m certain that 99% of Montrose fans abhor the bigoted racist. Totally embarrassed by this behaviour within Montrose. Sorry to@Lichtie 78. I was wrong & apologise.

Archived