Surprise Teams So Far

Seaside Sam

10 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

A surprise for me maybe not others are Hurlford!  A decent team IMO their position at present flatters them from the few games that I have seen. That being said now that they are there it may be difficult to topple them.

In the championship it has to be Benburb and Rossvale but then recently promoted clubs often carry on their success in the higher league (dosn't seem to apply in the Premier though). Glencairn were always expected to do well but i think their start was a bit better than some, including their own fans, thought possible. The biggest surprise though is  that Darvel have not won EVERY match so far in a canter (well it is to DL in his dreams).

Hurlford are a squad packed with quality and it's no surprise that they're where they are, Darren Henderson is a fox of a manager as well and knows what it's all about. Let's keep hurlford away from surprise packages as they've been a big and consistent force for well over a decade now 

A surprise for me maybe not others are Hurlford!  A decent team IMO their position at present flatters them from the few games that I have seen. That being said now that they are there it may be difficult to topple them.

Keeping it going 4 a whole season might be different,as my own team found out last season.Few cracks appearing lately n Talbot getting stronger again.

2 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Hurlford are a squad packed with quality and it's no surprise that they're where they are, Darren Henderson is a fox of a manager as well and knows what it's all about. Let's keep hurlford away from surprise packages as they've been a big and consistent force for well over a decade now 

Hurlford didn’t appear in the top league until 2013 so hardly a force for well over a decade.

in the premiership, I would say Largs have been the surprise packages after not really standing out before promotion last season. A few big big results for them.

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

Hurlford didn’t appear in the top league until 2013 so hardly a force for well over a decade.

in the premiership, I would say Largs have been the surprise packages after not really standing out before promotion last season. A few big big results for them.

You don't need to be in the top league to be a 'force'. 

Teams outwith the top leagues have won the scottish and west and have also produced cracking sides. 

Specifically Hurlford they were a force 4/5 years ago but not 10 years ago as they were an Ayrshire District Team then. In 2011/12 they finished 1 point above being relegated and finished above East Kilbride Thistle on goal difference. They were hardly a force then and didn't do great in cups. Since 2012 they have pushed on with significant investment in playing squad and facilities.

Anyway this season the surprise teams have been Benburb in Championship I didn't expect them to be one of teams at the top.

In the Premiership Largs and Clydebank doing pretty well in top half of league have been somewhat of a surprise. Some cracking results for Largs.

In my opinion teams underperforming are Kilbirnie & Petershill in Premiership then Darvel in Championship.

41 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

You don't need to be in the top league to be a 'force'. 

Teams outwith the top leagues have won the scottish and west and have also produced cracking sides. 

They were never a force in the lower leagues.

3 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

No Ive stated my opinions on a thread thats not meadow related yet three meadow fans have came on replying to me, one beith fan v 3 meadow fans. 

Please remind me who's obsessed again? :unsure2::lol:

You are.

no one mentioned Meadow until you. Not our fault you were wrong about Hurlford being a force for ‘well over a decade’

9 hours ago, garrellburn said:

In the championship it has to be Benburb and Rossvale but then recently promoted clubs often carry on their success in the higher league (dosn't seem to apply in the Premier though). Glencairn were always expected to do well but i think their start was a bit better than some, including their own fans, thought possible. The biggest surprise though is  that Darvel have not won EVERY match so far in a canter (well it is to DL in his dreams).

Darvel have cantered every game, every opposition manager has said so...  it's just the results don't show it 

9 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

You are.

no one mentioned Meadow until you. Not our fault you were wrong about Hurlford being a force for ‘well over a decade’

Dont flatter yourself stu boy and come back and talk when meadow get your hands on the scottish again. I know it hurts like hell considering the money they spunked not to win it :unsure2:

27 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Dont flatter yourself stu boy and come back and talk when meadow get your hands on the scottish again. I know it hurts like hell considering the money they spunked not to win it :unsure2:

Aye cos my life would be complete if the team I support won a trophy that most folk in Scotland have never heard of.

It’s weird how you judge people based on a football team they have an allegiance too. Childish behaviour.

31 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Aye cos my life would be complete if the team I support won a trophy that most folk in Scotland have never heard of.

It’s weird how you judge people based on a football team they have an allegiance too. Childish behaviour.

So your club who paid players between £230 and £300 per week paid this amount to chase a cup that most people in our nation have never heard of :lol:

And while looking down at most clubs in the process whilst buying players that you benched to stop other teams signing them, meadow were a right horrible bunch to deal with back then but just you kid yourself on that what your were chasing never mattered :thumsup2

Archived