Elgin City v Peterhead

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

Well as the dinner seems under control I was wondering what folks thoughts are for this post Christmas fixture. Elgin are improving and due a result against the Buchan Boys, they however seem bent on hanging onto Edinburgh’s coat-tails before passing them on the run-in.

My forecast a radar busting 2-1 (Sutherland) before he jumps ship to Peterhead in January.

Merry Christmas, see you all there as I close in on 8000 miles.[emoji1335]

Guest TOPFITTER

Due to family illnesses won’t make todays game. Mon the Blue Toon.
Today’s Peterhead Quiz : if Gibson starts what position will he be asked to play ?

To be fair the keeper saved the pen.  Wullie played in front of Jamie Stevenson on the right where he could be more constructive.  Thought Jamie was the stand-out player on the park today in what proved to be a bit disappointing display. Everything was going fine until half time, 2 goals ahead & a man up thought it could only get better. 2nd half we seemed to lose momentum & Elgin threatened a few times when we should have been adding to our goals tally the 3rd finally closed the game out but we cannot continue to play for 60 minutes in a game it has to be the full 90 each game.

14 minutes ago, peternapper said:

To be fair the keeper saved the pen.  Wullie played in front of Jamie Stevenson on the right where he could be more constructive.  Thought Jamie was the stand-out player on the park today in what proved to be a bit disappointing display. Everything was going fine until half time, 2 goals ahead & a man up thought it could only get better. 2nd half we seemed to lose momentum & Elgin threatened a few times when we should have been adding to our goals tally the 3rd finally closed the game out but we cannot continue to play for 60 minutes in a game it has to be the full 90 each game.

A case of just seeing the game out I would say.  Can’t complain with recent results. Well done toon 

2 minutes ago, Toon 68 said:

A case of just seeing the game out I would say.  Can’t complain with recent results. Well done toon 

Agree the result is the important thing but when the game was at 2-0 for us Elgin had a few chances with at one point Greg Flemming away out of his box and blocking efforts with anything to get past him, this all started with giving the ball away out of nothing, at that point if it had went 2-1 it would have bee most uncomfortable.

On 29/12/2018 at 19:33, Toon 68 said:

At least Peterheed were professional enough to see the game out.

I rate Elgin and fancied them to nick a point or three today, so that's a great result for the blue toon.

Peterhead were streets ahead of us today and should have won by a much larger margin. The sending off did not help but Peterhead were already in full control. There is a big gap now between the top 3 and the others. There is no balance to this Elgin side and they need fresh and hopefully better players. The constant changes of formation is not helping and if Morrison goes back to Ross County we have little cover up front. I fear for us at Hibs in the cup. Anyone know what happened to Craig Beattie today as nowhere to be seen?  Has he been released. Once again Chris McLeish was out of his depth and Brian Cameron was playing too deep . I like McGovern but he is too slow for midfield. Worrying times for the City.

The stats for the last 7 meetings of these 2 teams since July last year makes for grim reading if you support Elgin City - 

Played 7, Peterhead have won all 7 scoring 22 goals with Elgin yet to score a single goal.

Can we play you every week?

Changed days from when we were both in the Highland League and Peterhead wins were very few and far between.

If we get promotion this season I hope Elgin City get promoted along with us but they will have to show a big improvement on yesterday's display.

Archived