Alloa v Dundee United - 29 December 2018

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We dominated possession but created very little for it. It was the poorest I've seen Alloa in terms of the football they can play (they were much more open and free flowing at Tannadice recently). I left feeling totally scunnered given that we controlled large spells of the game and managed to throw it away so cheaply. 

Neilson has been fairly honest post-match and has basically admitted for the first time publicly that some players aren't up to it and will be gone in the near future. 

20 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Honest interview hes looking at 6/7 players

I hope we see a huge influx of decent players so we dont have to watch the likes of King, McMullan either of the goalies and more or less that while squad bar two or three. 

I say again, thanks Mike "dont reward failure" Martin and Csaba "the sun is shining" Laszlo. Couple of tits.

34 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We dominated possession but created very little for it. It was the poorest I've seen Alloa in terms of the football they can play (they were much more open and free flowing at Tannadice recently). I left feeling totally scunnered given that we controlled large spells of the game and managed to throw it away so cheaply. 

Neilson has been fairly honest post-match and has basically admitted for the first time publicly that some players aren't up to it and will be gone in the near future. 

The small pitch kills us when the full time teams press us in the way United did today.Cant believe its still in place as its an insult to our current squad.Whats brilliant is the sheer character the boys show every week to stay in the game and we got rewarded with a win that wasn,t looking likely.Some free kick for the United goal.

34 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I hope we see a huge influx of decent players so we dont have to watch the likes of King, McMullan either of the goalies and more or less that while squad bar two or three. 

I say again, thanks Mike "dont reward failure" Martin and Csaba "the sun is shining" Laszlo. Couple of tits.

Yip, Mike Martin’s ‘contribution’ during his short tenure was  horrendous.  

Tinkering at the edges with irrelevant ‘inovations’ meanwhile allowing Csaba to run us into the ground.  

Fucking clown of a man.

I thought United were certainly better than earlier in the season, and it was a really hard shift for the Alloa players.

Once again, however, we were full of determination and well organised and grabbed our chances when they came along. Two wins on the bounce is huge

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yip, Mike Martin’s ‘contribution’ during his short tenure was  horrendous.  

Tinkering at the edges with irrelevant ‘inovations’ meanwhile allowing Csaba to run us into the ground.  

Fucking clown of a man.

Probably the most useless combo the club has ever seen imo. Worse than the end of the Thompson/Jackie era for me.

Would like to see what the meeting between Csaba and Martin after the shambolic Livi performance was like.

Csaba -

"Sorry Mr Martin, the sun wasnt shining! Wait till next season! This time where he will be in the sky shiningk down on the grass, who will be growing green and goot for the football for the McMullan Paul and the Murdoch to be so nice to for play the football match at dis time for the season endingk on positive, where im sure the United Dandee he will win dis game for the fans and make them proud to be supported of this bigk club who he will be in Premier League where he should be. For dis i am sure. Defoonitlee. Yes. "

Martin -

"Good! Now im gonna build a big sports bar!"

This afternoon, I placed my first bet on Dundee United since their defeat to Dunfermline at the beginning of August. Dundee United have lost me a significant amount of money over the years. I've noticed an extremely strong correlation between my betting failures and Dundee United's defeats. With this in mind, I'll be placing a weekly bet on Dundee United from now on.

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

This afternoon, I placed my first bet on Dundee United since their defeat to Dunfermline at the beginning of August. Dundee United have lost me a significant amount of money over the years. I've noticed an extremely strong correlation between my betting failures and Dundee United's defeats. With this in mind, I'll be placing a weekly bet on Dundee United from now on.

You'll be known as The The Real Saints soon then.

Just now, Dundee Hibernian said:

Cheers, man.

I recall getting ripped by United fans regarding my opinion of Seigrist and his goalkeeping (in)abilities after the league game at Tannadice v Alloa.

But the boy, plus several of the defenders, aren't up to the task. FFS, that first goal today.

Seigrist is absolutely shite.. Said so from the first time i saw him. I dont even think Rankovan is anywhere near as good as that.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Seigrist is absolutely shite.. Said so from the first time i saw him. I dont even think Rankovan is anywhere near as good as that.

It's a handicap when the team is announced, but there is no alternative presently. The defenders, also not up to standard but better level than the goalies, must shit themselves any time they have to depend on the no 1 to cover for their frailties.

51 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's a handicap when the team is announced, but there is no alternative presently. The defenders, also not up to standard but better level than the goalies, must shit themselves any time they have to depend on the no 1 to cover for their frailties.

I was going to say earlier but IMHO the difference between DUFC and Ross county is your defence seems weaker. 

Fuckin midget

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Cheers, man.

I recall getting ripped by United fans regarding my opinion of Seigrist and his goalkeeping (in)abilities after the league game at Tannadice v Alloa.

But the boy, plus several of the defenders, aren't up to the task. FFS, that first goal today.

As much as everyone is jumping on Siegrist for that goal he has 8 yards to make up to Andy's 4. And even though I'm defending him I agree he's dugmeat.

I've got a good view from my angle and my blame goes on Frans who leaves Andy Graham as he's offside. Andy cleverly checks behind the unsighted Frans to stay onside then gets the header in on goal. It's pretty criminal to leave our biggest aerial threat unmarked.

Archived