Alloa v Dundee United - 29 December 2018

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Telling how far United have fallen that losing to Alloa is met with nothing more than a shrug.

Pie and Bovril is very much the PG version of what is happening on Facebook and Twitter. 

13 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

As much as everyone is jumping on Siegrist for that goal he has 8 yards to make up to Andy's 4. And even though I'm defending him I agree he's dugmeat.

I've got a good view from my angle and my blame goes on Frans who leaves Andy Graham as he's offside. Andy cleverly checks behind the unsighted Frans to stay onside then gets the header in on goal. It's pretty criminal standard to leave our biggest aerial threat unmarked.

FTFY.

The standard of defending at the 2nd goal was also an utter disgrace. I would love to say that Watson's attempt at a challenge on Zanatta was pathetic, but that would be suggesting that he actually made an attempt.

Certainly agree weve played better against United this season, and thats probably the best United have looked. Their goal was excellent and for a good ten minutes in the aftermath we were just hanging on. Flannigan was a miss- the effort was there as it always is but we needed a bit more composure in the middle of the park. Although credit must go United in equal measure for making it so difficult for us. They looked comfortable until the keeper and defence chucked one in. Saw Neil Alexander in the warm down, be better off with him in the goal. And Zanattas winner surely wont be beaten for our goal of the season. What a mazy run and nutmegged the keeper for good measure. Sensational.

Goal aside, Zanatta was excellent. Always looked a threat- even when we were right up against it he was always willing to put his foot on the ball and be creative.

Hastie signed off with a great performance, very positive as always on the ball. He'll be missed.

A brilliant 3 points for us, another really memorable afternoon defying the odds.

Most fun I've had doing highlights all season despite adobe auto-save messing me around and not saving for over 4 hours earlier.

Glorious stuff going into January

Edit: Adobe continues to do my head in for some reason its changed the sequence settings so that actually looks mince and isn't 50fps. Going to rerender and reupload if I forget to change that link and it's broke there's a new video

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Most fun I've had doing highlights all season despite adobe auto-save messing me around and not saving for over 4 hours earlier.

Edit: Adobe continues to do my head in for some reason its changed the sequence settings so that actually looks mince and isn't 50fps. Going to rerender and reupload if I forget to change that link and it's broke there's a new video

Enjoyed that, thanks. 2 fine goals, with some terrible marking for Alloa's first. "You go goal-side,and I'll see if I can catch up with you."

(The learned behaviour thing where you give yourself a yellow card always grates slightly with me as it's completely artificial and can harm the team's chances, but that's a minor annoyance with a great result.)

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Highlights stopped working just after Booth's goal.... 

(The learned behaviour thing where you give yourself a yellow card always grates slightly with me as it's completely artificial and can harm the team's chances, but that's a minor annoyance with a great result.)

Dario admited as much in his post match interview, but in mitigation said his Mum, Dad and girlfriend were over from Canada and seldom see him play. [emoji6]

Archived