Dundee v Livingston

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Hand ball, when our player is on the ground, and the ball is kicked against his arm from a yard ? 

Boyle has been carded and had 4 fouls since then...:unsure2:

He moved his hand to the ball. 

Edged the first half, poor second half, bringing Jacobs off and Sibbald on made us far more open but also didn’t allow us to break the play up as effectively as we did first half. 

Think Dundee will be disappointed with a point, in the words of Gary Holt we started with a point, don’t lose it, and we didn’t despite playing relatively poorly and being down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes. 

Having said that neither keeper had a difficult save to make so a draw was perhaps right. 

Another point to our ultimate goal of survival, further clear of the bottom 4 sides, not a bad day when you look at it like that. 

Final game on Saturday before the split, if we can get something from that one it’s been a very good December. 

Edged the first half, poor second half, bringing Jacobs off and Sibbald on made us far more open but also didn’t allow us to break the play up as effectively as we did first half. 
Think Dundee will be disappointed with a point, in the words of Gary Holt we started with a point, don’t lose it, and we didn’t despite playing relatively poorly and being down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes. 
Having said that neither keeper had a difficult save to make so a draw was perhaps right. 
Another point to our ultimate goal of survival, further clear of the bottom 4 sides, not a bad day when you look at it like that. 
Final game on Saturday before the split, if we can get something from that one it’s been a very good December. 
This ^
However I will add an extra couple of points.

1. Paul McGowan is a p***k
2. Dundee are shite.

Arguably our worst performance of the season but the gap between both teams remains at 20 points. I’d have taken that before kick off.

Dundee certainly do have some quality but lacked any real quality in the final third. I can’t recall Kelly having a serious save to make during the second half.

Would like to see the Hamilton sending off again as I’m not really sure what was in it - the decidedly neutral Billy Dodds claims Hamilton’s caught the boy’s shoulder (will take that with a pinch of salt).

FWIW, thought we should’ve had a penalty in the first half when Ralph seemed to trap the ball with his head, thigh, chest and arm all at the same time. Madden was shite for both teams, though, to the surprise of nobody.

Dees, the Midden and Accies down the bottom could get very tasty as the former look far too good for their position but can’t seem to pick up points. I’d hope we’ve done enough by now to be clear of that group come April but we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Question to Dundee fans, how often are Your stands cleaned? The away end today was the dirtiest and smelliest away end I've ever encountered.
Seats covered in some kind of black gunk and the stairs were slippery as f**k.

Celtic were there a couple of months ago. Their filth takes at least half a year to dissipate. 

I'd have not taken that before kick off but considering results elsewhere went for us, I see it more as a point gained. Of course we need to be winning games like this but every single point counts at the moment and you don't go from a side that's won 2 in 20 to getting well deserved victories overnight.

Menga reminded me so much of Moussa it's unreal. Loved a theatrical dive and was a pretty shit haddy but he's imperative to the Livi style and caused us numerous problems.

O'Dea handing his shirt at the end suggests he's off. Rumoured to be on a big wage and Patrick Thistle  are willing to give him a 2 year deal whilst we offload one of our biggest earners allowing McIntyre to manoeuvre in January.  ETA: No facts here just quoting something I heard at the game today.

We battled well, but just didn't look very dangerous.

Keeper, cover for LB and rb, a playmaker and a striker to take pressure off Miller in January please. Oh, and fresh wing options for when it's not working for Miller and Curran.

So 7 in please.

Pretty even game, either team could have nicked it. We are not out of touch yet so all to play for from here. The sending off was harsh but the lad retaliated and thems the rules. I’d think out of the bottom 3 we have the biggest opportunity and resources to improve, could be exciting. Livi are a very solid team with some flair. Hopefully you finish top 6.

Archived