Dundee v Livingston

At least he didn’t take a baseball bat to some guy or flash his cock at some innocent women. Think we need to get this into perspective. O’Dea merely did what Dolly tried to do to Boyle for the entire game.
Personally I love this stuff. Adds a bit of excitement and controversy to the proceedings.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

At least he didn’t take a baseball bat to some guy or flash his cock at some innocent women. Think we need to get this into perspective. O’Dea merely did what Dolly tried to do to Boyle for the entire game.
Personally I love this stuff. Adds a bit of excitement and controversy to the proceedings.

O Dea cheats- acceptable 

Jones cheats - unacceptable 

Mmm 

O’Dea grabbing his face basically cost us any (small) chance of winning the game so it was worth it for him.

5 game ban for anyone cheating and some penalty for the whole team. Players need to start self-regulating. Claiming incorrectly for throw-ins, offsides, etc. is dishonest and the start of it. ‘Oh, but that’s the way it is’ = things have been done that way and it is justified to continue that way?

The “professional foul” thing puts a bee in my bonnet too. While people get away with it, with a yellow card or less, then there will never be a selection for tactically/positionally astute defences - pro fouls cover up balls ups.

We also need to get away from this ‘lifting his hands’ pish. The laws of the game do NOT make that a red card offence. Pishy wee push on the elbow of O’Dea by Hamilton in response to a perceived foul. Jack shouldn’t react but it is minimal stuff and a yellow at worse.

O’Dea going down holding a different part of his anatomy than was hit is one of the most lamentable things I’ve seen in a long while. I’m embarrassed for him. It is blatant cheating and the powers that be should censure him in some way for it.

Yeah, having seen it again then it looks like O'Dea has a bit of a swing at him beforehand. Was also a blatant penalty for the jersey pull on Hardie in the first half. For all of the whinging about Bobby Madden not doing Dundee any favours, then he's got two of the three biggest decisions wrong in their favour.

Eventually got round to watching the highlights.

Not convinced by any of the penalty claims - I have seen O'Dea's shirt tug given before but if a ref did that every time there would be about 20 pens a game. Not convinced either the ref or the assistant actually saw it as clearly as the angle we got - Madden's view was blocked and the assistant was much further up. The claim for handling the ball on the ground is just ball to hand. If Dundee did have a penalty claim then it was for a shove on Miller when he heads just past - but again it happens all the time.

O'Dea should be embarrassed by that ridiculous reaction - there was no need for it - by the letter of the law Hamilton was in danger of seeing red for raising his arms - there was no need to embellish it.

Chance wise Ralph's shot was great and Miller was unlucky to hit straight at the keeper after nipping in - looked like he was stretching. I just wish Curran would just be a little calmer - didn't realise how close his shot was with the keeper miles from it and the left if his goal wide open.

Overall a point aside was justified.

Following the challenge and the incitement from O’Dea I had the urge to react aswell so it was no surprise Hamilton did. All in all it was perfectly executed.

By the letter of the law:

Raising yer hands = red; 

Pulling shirt in the box = penalty;

Ball to hand i.e. not deliberate = no penalty.

Archived