c***s at the cinema

accies1874

After experiencing a fairly cunty showing of 'Sorry to Bother You' last night, I thought I'd carry over the 'c***s' thread from the GN forum:

• c***s who talk, especially when they speak at the same volume as they would in a normal scenario.
  • c***s who use their phone, particularly when they have the brightness all the way up. 
  • c***s who have rustly food packets (I'd extend this to c***s who eat but I don't think that would go down well). 
  • c***s who don't pick up their rubbish at the end. 
  • c***s that sit next to, or a couple of seats away from you when the place is pretty much fucking empty. (@54_and_counting) - or directly in front.  (@Silverton End)
  • c***s who come in after the film has started. (@Moses Supposes)

I'll add any of your suggestions.

Unless I disagree. 

Not using your phone when the movie is on should go without saying and you'd have to be a right c**t to do it.

Don't experience the others that often thankfully.

On the coming in late, I've had to do so once or twice. I assume you're talking about those who do so deliberately to avoid trailers and such?

13 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Not using your phone when the movie is on should go without saying and you'd have to be a right c**t to do it.

Don't experience the others that often thankfully.

On the coming in late, I've had to do so once or twice. I assume you're talking about those who do so deliberately to avoid trailers and such?

I'm talking about coming in after the actual movie has started. They can come in anytime during the trailers, etc. 

c***s that come into film after its started and at full volume ask their kid what they want to eat or drink and are totally afronted when you shoosh them and think they have some sort of exemption as their kid they most likely just have for the weekend must take priority. Plenty time to ask them before you get into screen. 

c***s who need to constantly shake bag of popcorn when I have previously had pop corn I can quietly pick popcorn without making noise there is no practical reason for needing to shake it. 

c***s who arrive after film has started and rather than using common sense get the brightest possible flash light on their phone to find their row. Yes G is one row behind F its not rocket science the screen is only 20% full and film started just pick nearest seat and minimise potential disrruption.

C***s who make racket marching down steps to go to toilet surely a bit of self awareness after first couple steps they can soften the noise with minimal effort 

For the points made above I am very particular about when I visit the cinema.

I completely avoid weekends. I usually wait at least a week or two when a film has been released. The preferable time is a weekday midday showing, but since I work 9-5 that's no longer an option. Tuesday and Wednesday nights aren't a good option due to these being days when folk get 2 for 1 tickets.

Thursday evenings therefore are usually best. I plan to be in my seat 20 minutes after the advertised time as that way I miss all the pish adverts but will get a couple of trailers.

I never get why folk pay circa £8-£10 to sit and talk or sit on their phone. Thankfully due my careful planning I very rarely encounter this behaviour but on the rare occasion I've come across in the past I've been seething.

Oh and it should go without saying that only utter mugs buy food and drinks from the cinema itself. I always buy elsewhere and take it in.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For the points made above I am very particular about when I visit the cinema.

I completely avoid weekends. I usually wait at least a week or two when a film has been released. The preferable time is a weekday midday showing, but since I work 9-5 that's no longer an option. Tuesday and Wednesday nights aren't a good option due to these being days when folk get 2 for 1 tickets.

Thursday evenings therefore are usually best. I plan to be in my seat 20 minutes after the advertised time as that way I miss all the pish adverts but will get a couple of trailers.

I never get why folk pay circa £8-£10 to sit and talk or sit on their phone. Thankfully due my careful planning I very rarely encounter this behaviour but on the rare occasion I've come across in the past I've been seething.

Oh and it should go without saying that only utter mugs buy food and drinks from the cinema itself. I always buy elsewhere and take it in.

Perth Cinema is 5 minutes away from a Sainsburys and a Morrisons, £2 for a bottle of juice and a bar of chocolate, whereas the cinema is nearer £10.

On 24/12/2018 at 14:56, MixuFixit said:

c***s that prop their feet up on the headrest of the chair in front

But really in this day and age with streaming and high definition telly I just don't see the point in setting foot in a cinema anymore. I'd rather just stay at home and watch something from the comfort of my couch where I can sit in my pants and scratch my baws.

Do they not like it when you do that in Cineworld?

3 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Everyone else in the screening room. 

Going to the cinema on your own is for winners. 

I went to see Alien Covenant on a weekday afternoon and had the entire screen to myself, until just before the film  started someone else arrived. Despite the fact they had pretty much no impact on me at all - I was still seething - was right looking forward to having the place solely to myself

19 minutes ago, untitled00 said:

I went to see Alien Covenant on a weekday afternoon and had the entire screen to myself, until just before the film  started someone else arrived. Despite the fact they had pretty much no impact on me at all - I was still seething - was right looking forward to having the place solely to myself

You should have snuck up on them and frightened them.

That happened to me while seeing Three Billboards. It was the biggest screening at Hamilton's VUE and we were a fair distance apart, but I was fuming.

On 24/12/2018 at 11:54, 54_and_counting said:

c***s that sit next to, or a couple of seats away from you when the place is pretty much fucking empty

This happened to me the last time I went to the cinema. An entirely empty screen other than myself and my girlfriend, film starting and there is nobody else in. Then another couple stroll in and sit in the two seats directly behind us. Throughout the film were talking/eating loudly and even kicking the seat whilst moving around a few times. A child it’s annoying but I can see why, two grown adults though can GTF.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:
7 hours ago, untitled00 said:

That happened to me while seeing Three Billboards. It was the biggest screening at Hamilton's VUE and we were a fair distance apart, but I was fuming.

Same with the Greenock cinema and Unfriended. Loved the novelty of being the only person in the room, and then this old couple saunters in.

Eventually got my wish when I went to see Eye in the Sky.

Archived