Buddies v Perth Saints. A Christmas Hell: Boxing Day in Paisley

Some of the comments on Kane are a bit harsh.He has not scored many goals but TW is using him as back up to Watt basically playing the Macca role.He has good movement,is strong,and works tirelessly for the team.Also he has not really had a run of games and has been very much a bit player this season..A good player to have in the squad 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big advocate of Kane's role in the squad and think he's a good option to have. You can't fill a full squad with players of starting quality on our budget but he's well worth his place in the pool. Not that I'm suggesting it but if we were getting rid of a striker, I'd probably lose McMillan before Kane. 

I thought Stephen McGinn was noticeable for St Mirren as well. Read the game very well and had the strength to ease our players off the ball. Ferdinand strolled it, which was fortunate as he didn't look capable of bursting into a sprint! 

21 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm a big advocate of Kane's role in the squad and think he's a good option to have. You can't fill a full squad with players of starting quality on our budget but he's well worth his place in the pool. Not that I'm suggesting it but if we were getting rid of a striker, I'd probably lose McMillan before Kane. 

I thought Stephen McGinn was noticeable for St Mirren as well. Read the game very well and had the strength to ease our players off the ball. Ferdinand strolled it, which was fortunate as he didn't look capable of bursting into a sprint! 

I like Kane too as a squad player. Doesn't have the flair or pace that you'd want but stands up on the ball and seems to keep in good shape.  He's got a good scoring record at Championship level so hoping he'll get some game time this weekend. A holding sub rather than an impact sub.

McMillan is an interesting case, I've found him really had to judge but he had that bad injury when he arrived at the club and the Watt was signed, so he's had a bit of game time but I suppose he expected to be starting striker. I can see him going back to Ireland. 

Archived