Buddies v Perth Saints. A Christmas Hell: Boxing Day in Paisley

2pm kick off.

Big game for both teams. Who will be the angels and who will be the turkeys?

St Mirren on the back of a great win at Motherwell, and had some decent performances at home, whilst Saints have been playing okay but only one win in five matches after going about two years undefeated.  Our away form has been good though, with a current run of  four consecutive victories.

Always loved a Boxing Day match so it's great to have them back. Should be a good support from both clubs.. how many does the away stand hold?

I'd go (we won't):

Clark

Foster Kerr Gordon Tanser

Alston Davidson Craig Swanson

Kennedy

Watt

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the exact team I'd play. Wotherspoon will probably start ahead of Swanson though.

We're still playing well despite the run of results so I'm confident we can get a result here. We could really use a win given the last 2 games.

Edit: I've just realised you've dropped Shaughnessy for Gordon. Very sneaky, Paulo. I would keep him in as he's da captain and I don't think he's done anything that merits being dropped.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

2pm kick off.

St Mirren on the back of a great win at Motherwell, and had some decent performances at home, whilst Saints have been playing okay but only one win in five matches after going about two years undefeated.  Our away form has been good though, with a current run of  four consecutive victories.

Always loved a Boxing Day match so it's great to have them back. Should be a good support from both clubs.. how many does the away stand hold?

I'd go (we won't):

Clark

Kennedy

Watt

Away stand holds over 1600 so more than enough to accommodate your travelling support ( unless you're bringing the largest support you've ever brought to Paisley).

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

2pm kick off.

I'd go (we won't):

Clark

Kennedy

Watt

About 1700 but I doubt if we will even bother opening it for your couple of bus loads.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

2pm kick off.

I'd go (we won't):

Clark

Kennedy

Watt

Over in BAWA I wrote you will be a tough nut to crack that I will be over the moon if we take anything from the game. Since the Celtic game in Perth you look a much improved team too strong for St Mirren I fear hope I'm wrong.

Based on the McDiarmid game, we should win this about 6-0.

Absolutely gutted we won't have more than 400 fans there though, an absolutely massive blow and means the chances of us winning have gone right down. Our only hope is that the home support can stay below 3k, if it creeps over that figure, can't see us even managing a shot.

15 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

This magnificent scheduling means that my son and I escape Boxing Day at the in-laws, they live in Paisley so can't reasonably stop us.

What's the away pricing like at this place for kids? 

Adults - £22
Concessions (Over 65s, full-time students with valid ID, 13 to 17-year-olds) - £12
12-years-old and under - £6
Ambulant disabled - £12 (Carer goes free if on highest rate for mobility)
Wheelchair and carer - £12

St Mirren one of the clubs who'll happily charge a five year old £6. 

Adults - £22
Concessions (Over 65s, full-time students with valid ID, 13 to 17-year-olds) - £12
St Mirren one of the clubs who'll happily charge a five year old £6. 

Young kids should get into games like this for free, mind you it’s a bit harder to get lifted over the new turnstiles.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Adults - £22

St Mirren one of the clubs who'll happily charge a five year old 

The rest of our pricing is less than yours though - cheaper Adult and Senior Citizens etc. 

7 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The rest of our pricing is less than yours though - cheaper Adult and Senior Citizens etc. 

:lol: by £1.

Family of five (2× Adults, 3×U12s).

St Mirren - £62

St Johnstone - £32

It's scandalous that you're allowed to charge away fans almost double what we charged your fans.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren - £62

St Johnstone - £32

It's scandalous that you're allowed to charge away fans almost double what we charged your fans.

I've not got a family of 5 so for me , you're more expensive. 

How much is it to park supporters busses and car parking at your place these days ? 

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren - £62

St Johnstone - £32

You do have a fair point, and St Johnstone deserve plaudits for trying to get kids to the games. Having said that, we are in no way the worst offenders - it cost me £46 for me, a 4 year old and 6 year old to go to Hamilton earlier this season.

Yesterday, I took a friend and his kid to the game at McDiarmid. Because they came with a season ticket holder the cost for both of them was £10, in the Main Stand. Admittedly these are home prices but Saints for families must surely be the best in the league.  I remember a game late last season at Hamilton where I paid £5 (overpriced for that cowp but still a nice gesture). 

Mind you I don't expect our Boxing Day hosts to run out of hot food before half time. That was very poor indeed and from the length of the queues not a small amount of lost revenue, particularly as my guests would have spent more on catering than on their tickets. 

Archived