Hearts v Accies: Boxing Day Bonanza

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Understandable about worrying but you boys have always managed to stay up against the odds so far, and there’s another couple of very poor teams as said.

Thing is, if we do somehow stay up, next season will be just as bad, if not worse.

It's horrible to be an Accies fan atm. Those in charge simply do not care.

I think they do care , they care about the £1m they get each year. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t have invested in new players in the summer and just gone with youth. I fully expect new players in January however it’s hard to attract players who will be good enough. I dare say Dundee Motherwell and St Mirren will be doing the same.

29 minutes ago, EKACCIES said:

I think they do care , they care about the £1m they get each year. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t have invested in new players in the summer and just gone with youth. I fully expect new players in January however it’s hard to attract players who will be good enough. I dare say Dundee Motherwell and St Mirren will be doing the same.

I guess saying they don't care is probably not true, but I don't understand their stance with Canning. His record is apalling and would not be accepted anywhere else.

They love all their sideline projects - and these are commendable. However surely they must realise that the continued success of those projects is largely dependent on the club being a Premiership side.

They have succeeded in alienating the fan base down to a similar level to the homeless years. Hardened supporters who stayed with the club throughout that period have now turned their backs and have had enough. Once you lose a support it takes years to rebuild it.

Fair fucks to anyone that continues to pay good money to follow the club. It must be soul destroying.

Comfortable win, could've been 2 or 3 more easily.  The difference in us with Naismith as opposed to without is frightening.  Callumn Morrison was fantastic first half but disappeared a wee bit in the second. 

Thought Smith was excellent despite the penalty miss, though justice was probably done as the award was soft (why was he taking it anyway?) And Clare actually looked very sharp when he came on. 

Let's hope the injuries to Djoum and Haring won't keep them out on Saturday.

Hi butcher.

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Can't decide if Naismith was excellent or our defenders didn't know how to track a simple drop between the lines.

I actually think Naismith can play a lot better and missed an absolute sitter.  But, his moaning and movement makes everyone around him much better. He creates spaces which other players can move into, plus his goal was excellent.  We've missed him so much.

It really was crazy how easy we made it for Hearts, who you'd imagine were low on confidence.
The good news is that Want will be suspended for the Motherwell game and Kilgallon will probably be back. Tshiembe's injury would worry me more (simply in terms of numbers) if Gogic and Penny weren't on the way back. We've obviously got the break coming up too.
It's frustrating that average/poor players - Brustad, Imrie, Martin, McMann - should be guaranteed starters due to how bad our options are. Dundee, St Mirren and ourselves will be searching the lower leagues in England in January.
How many games have we had two or fewer shots on target?

13 hours ago, EKACCIES said:

Don't know why. They only give it away.

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We managed to accumulate 19 fouls and 4 cards between us

In more recent meetings between our clubs you’d expect both sides to exceed that by themselves

This fixture has gone soft

You're right. Michael Stewart used to manage that on his own.

Currently 40 in 20 games so far, so averaging 2 a game, but bear in mind at least 6 of them have been in the 2 games versus St Mirren. Pretty damning.

Jesus, and I thought we were toothless without Naismith and Uche. I expect Dundee and St Mirren will bring in fresh faces in January (new managers will surely have a few they want), do you expect Accies to bring anyone in to try and secure safety?

Yes, we'll bring in quite a few: probably three strikers, a winger, some clogger in midfield and a full-back. One of them will make it to the following season.

Providing they’re half decent I reckon you’ll stay up, just what Hamilton do.

Archived