Cambuslang Rangers Statement

thelangonline

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it this decision was supported by the police? What about point deduction for their actions at Glenafton and against Clydebank?
It has been stipulated by the SFA (not the SJFA) after discussions with the Scottish Senior Football Referees Association.

The Glenafton affair will be dealt with separately I understand.

Can they not just appoint Callum Scott as their official for every game and that’s the Police there too....

Seriously, How long are these meant to continue for? For example If Cambuslang changed their manager would these plans change as assume less need for police protection?

Take it this decision was supported by the police? What about point deduction for their actions at Glenafton and against Clydebank?
I don't think they'll get a points deduction, but would expect Glenafton to be awarded the points. Just my opinion though.

I see the Daily Record online juniors section is reporting that Paul McColl appeared at Ayr Sheriff Court on Friday morning and pled not guilty to assault and making a homophobic comment. He was released on bail.

As this is still a police matter, I reckon that's the reason no judgement has yet been made by the West Region.

24 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As this is still a police matter, I reckon that's the reason no judgement has yet been made by the West Region.

They'll have to rule on it as they don't know how long the courts will take to deal with it. A different level of proof required as well. He is looking at a lengthy suspension if they find he had any involvement simply because of his previous this season.  As for the club I can't really see more that a 3-0 win awarded to Glenafton and a hefty fine (say around £500) for the game being abandoned side of things.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I see the Daily Record online juniors section is reporting that Paul McColl appeared at Ayr Sheriff Court on Friday morning and pled not guilty to assault and making a homophobic comment. He was released on bail.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/junior-football-bosses-beef-up-13847031

To have our police officers stationed outside the ground at Huntershill is a complete nonsense .
Our police force is already stretched without having to waste time a football match ,there had been no previous trouble regarding either sets of fans nor any other club Officials present on the day .
If they were worried about the guy in question turning up then then either the police or the football authorities should have requested a football banning order as part of his bail conditions

To have our police officers stationed outside the ground at Huntershill is a complete nonsense .

Our police force is already stretched without having to waste time a football match ,there had been no previous trouble regarding either sets of fans nor any other club Officials present on the day .

If they were worried about the guy in question turning up then then either the police or the football authorities should have requested a football banning order as part of his bail conditions

Thats a nice idea but football banning orders are post conviction.

I do agree that its a bit of an strain on an already stretched organisation though.

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’m sure punishment of some sort will eventually be forthcoming for the Glenafton game but not so sure for what happened at the end of the Clydebank game given who started it and ultimately responsible for the whole incident.  I think you might just find that whole incident is forgotten about.

2 hours ago, MWGC said:

I’m sure punishment of some sort will eventually be forthcoming for the Glenafton game but not so sure for what happened at the end of the Clydebank game given who started it and ultimately responsible for the whole incident.  I think you might just find that whole incident is forgotten about.

Still going along the “we didnae do it , it was a big boy “ road I see. Everyone that was there that day knows that your players lost the plot at the final whistle!!

50 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

Still going along the “we didnae do it , it was a big boy “ road I see. Everyone that was there that day knows that your players lost the plot at the final whistle!!

ICR and yourself obviously have first hand knowledge of what happened after the final whistle that day so why don’t either of you provide us with the details.

Where do you want me to start? Management threatening fans on the terraces where I was standing players hurling abuse to female fans during the match or your big green dot pal throwing punches at an older Clydebank fan near the pie hut. People would think a lot more of the club if you just took responsibility for it all.  

1 hour ago, Nikos K said:

Where do you want me to start? Management threatening fans on the terraces where I was standing players hurling abuse to female fans during the match or your big green dot pal throwing punches at an older Clydebank fan near the pie hut. People would think a lot more of the club if you just took responsibility for it all.  

So players and management just decided to hurl abuse at poor wee innocent Clydebank fans for no reason whatsoever.  Not right, not right at all.

“Big green dot pal” you’ve got me on that one I’m afraid.

Archived