Cambuslang Rangers Statement

thelangonline

In light of a chain of events which culminated at our away game yesterday against Glenafton being abandoned, Cambuslang Rangers FC Committee have now had the opportunity to discuss our position as regards the future of the Club.

With immediate effect, Assistant Managers, Jimmy Kerr, Billy Campbell and Derek Carmichael will assume responsibility for the running of all aspects of the football team.

This is as a result of Saturday’s alleged incident regarding our Manager, Mr Paul McColl and the Referee, Mr Calum Scott.  These events require full exhaustive and impartial investigation.  Mr McColl will, therefore, take time away from the Club whilst this investigation is ongoing.  Cambuslang Rangers, SJFA and Police Scotland are all working collectively to uncover the truth and, in doing so, to alleviate unfounded rumours.

On this note, Cambuslang Rangers FC would like to address the erroneous reports which are being spread amongst social media as to Saturdays’ events at Loch Park.    The factual events of what happened yesterday have been massively exaggerated to the point of complete fabrication on several media outlets.  

Further, the Club would like to address the salient issue of the labelling of Cambuslang Rangers as all being  “thugs”.   We would point out that this unfounded generalisation is inaccurate, unfair and defamatory.  The management team whom are taking the Club going forward have a vast number of years of experience between them, each sporting an unblemished record.  Our players, committee, stakeholders and fans are merely people who want the best for their Club.  It is no secret that in junior football there is an interesting mix of temperaments and backgrounds.  However, that does not warrant the accusation that everyone involved with this Club is not fit to be here.

The Club would like to extend our thanks to Glenafton for their hospitality yesterday and offer our regrets that the game was abandoned.

Cambuslang Rangers F.C.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gogsy said:

One of the **** cheek supporters trying to mention the other **** cheek in something that's got sod all to do about them. Obsessed.

touchy, touchy. its Christmas eve, relax and have a beer or something.

Lot of good people at Cambuslang who will be feeling the embarrassment that this is bringing to their club so ease up and let them sort things out. I don`t speak for anyone at the Glencairn as I`m only a supporter but I`m sure they would join with me in wishing you all the best in sorting this out and hopefully get things back on track football wise.Hope you all have a great Christmas and all the best for 2019 from the Glens

3 hours ago, thelangonline said:

In light of a chain of events which culminated at our away game yesterday against Glenafton being abandoned, Cambuslang Rangers FC Committee have now had the opportunity to discuss our position as regards the future of the Club.

With immediate effect, Assistant Managers, Jimmy Kerr, Billy Campbell and Derek Carmichael will assume responsibility for the running of all aspects of the football team.

This is as a result of Saturday’s alleged incident regarding our Manager, Mr Paul McColl and the Referee, Mr Calum Scott.  These events require full exhaustive and impartial investigation.  Mr McColl will, therefore, take time away from the Club whilst this investigation is ongoing.  Cambuslang Rangers, SJFA and Police Scotland are all working collectively to uncover the truth and, in doing so, to alleviate unfounded rumours.

On this note, Cambuslang Rangers FC would like to address the erroneous reports which are being spread amongst social media as to Saturdays’ events at Loch Park.    The factual events of what happened yesterday have been massively exaggerated to the point of complete fabrication on several media outlets.  

Further, the Club would like to address the salient issue of the labelling of Cambuslang Rangers as all being  “thugs”.   We would point out that this unfounded generalisation is inaccurate, unfair and defamatory.  The management team whom are taking the Club going forward have a vast number of years of experience between them, each sporting an unblemished record.  Our players, committee, stakeholders and fans are merely people who want the best for their Club.  It is no secret that in junior football there is an interesting mix of temperaments and backgrounds.  However, that does not warrant the accusation that everyone involved with this Club is not fit to be here.

The Club would like to extend our thanks to Glenafton for their hospitality yesterday and offer our regrets that the game was abandoned.

Cambuslang Rangers F.C.

All the best from Darvel 

I think in your rush not to see the name of your big club besmirched a few folk on here have completely misunderstood the comment
Mr King the Glasgow Rangers chairman stated in court that he could not purchase all the club shares as some where in the hands of a group with links to organised crime .
Hence wee
Rangers like big Rangers shocker
Now before the lawyers and hoods start on me I'm not for one minute suggesting that there is any links to criminality simply expressing my understanding of a previous post

Archived