Highland Derby

On 24/12/2018 at 09:41, sophia said:

At this juncture I'd like to take the opportunity of reminding you on the imperialist inception of your club and more generally on how simple minded country folk were fooled into buying into a structure that was designed to keep all of the power and money for the British elite with the local foot soldiers carrying the burden and risk.

If historical facts are too heavy, perhaps it's a good thing that the game falls on a Saturday this year and those that would otherwise boycott a Sunday fixture can feel free to attend. It does perturb me that in modern Scotland bigoted institutions are patronised and whereas they don't seem to be prospering, they do rather persist.

Oh Dear! What a poor attempt at copy and paste. I sincerely hope you have left your place of education and further essays do not contain such similar garbage.  

On 24/12/2018 at 10:52, Highland Capital said:

What I've heard was that by last Saturday, Caley Thistle only had 22 tickets left to sell, but were going to try and get a couple hundred more.  I assume they mean that seating where the gazebo used to be (bring it back!).

You obviously were fed a lie, as on the day of the match, Caley were offered a cash gate as their ticket sales were so poor.

As a Clach supporter who  reguraly attends  matches throughout the Highlands, just to watch a game of football.

I attended yesterday’s Highland Derby, and let me assure you, the North Stand which was occupied by Caley support was NOT full, there was quite a number of empty seats.

The Caley support was quite vocal, however their behaviour was appalling, not quite sure if one song was directed at Polworth or a County player, either way it was disgusting.

Inside information,  Caley supporters damage a number of seats (again) at the Global Stadium.

Shame on the lot of them.

ICT never claimed they had sold out the stand. They said they had sold out their initial allocation of approximately 700 tickets and more were requested from County and, as per usual, ticket sales were available on the day of the match.

46 minutes ago, RiG said:

Absolute sickener to lose that one. However as so many of us have been saying for weeks if not months we cannot keep wasting these golden chances to score and expect to win games and that was the same with yesterday. We could have been about 4 - 1 up going into the last 15 minutes but after Walsh missed the target with a lovely sidefooted shot County seemed to press us back and you could sense the momentum was shifting albeit they didn't create anything too clear cut until the eventual winner.

Easy to say with hindsight but when County did start to push us back I would have liked to have seen Robbo bring on Mackay for Doran to try and get back on top of things. Most of our threats came behind the County left midfielder and left CB with Walsh getting a lot of time and space to send crosses in. Again he tired as the game went on and this was probably another reason County were able to push as back.

White is such a bizarre player. Another nice tidy finish yesterday but other times his first touch was garbage, he struggled to win headers and moves broke down because of his apparent inability to control a football. Polworth also had a very quiet game but County were on top of our players almost any time they had the ball in the first half. Their closing down was excellent.

Incredible stramash at the end. Not sure what Graham was thinking. The game was pretty much won and if he wins that header he could be off to the corner flag to run the clock down. Instead he launches his arm into the face of Donaldson then starts throwing punches all over the shop :lol: I guess Rooney got sent off for a headbutt as it looked like someone threw their head into a County player. Absolutely disgraceful scenes to end the game. More please!

Were you watching the game from the Keg?

Launches his arm into Donaldsons face, is that the same Caley thug that went through several County players?

Come  to think of it, i f memory serves me the Caley thugs did that on numerous occasions when County broke forward.

Afraid the old Caley mentality of hacking players done does not fit into modern day football.

As for Rooney , despicable display of thuggery again. Loves dishing it out, but can’t take it back.

17 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Not a red card IMO

F1AC009D-9455-49BD-8950-3C2BAB45C52F.jpeg

Have to agree!

Three against one does not seem fair here.

And before people get to influenced with this photo, this was obviously after the initial incident.

Anyway, time to sign  off now, great to stir up a hornets nest on a Sunday morning.

Look forward to the Inverness Derby sometime in the future , the Mighty Clach playing Caley, or if possible Inverness Thistle.

Because that’s where Caley are heading.

Not that I would encourage such violence but if anyone absolutely had to get a decent punch in the pus, I reckon many County fans would have nominated Rooney. He flew 25 yards across just to lay into Graham. Totally unnecessary and led to 2 sendings off. Also puts a bit of perspective on that tear-stained tweet about "class".

Regarding Draper's class - that was indeed a high class cross to Stewart for the winner.

Derby lols.

Were you watching the game from the Keg?
Launches his arm into Donaldsons face, is that the same Caley thug that went through several County players?
Come  to think of it, i f memory serves me the Caley thugs did that on numerous occasions when County broke forward.
Afraid the old Caley mentality of hacking players done does not fit into modern day football.
As for Rooney , despicable display of thuggery again. Loves dishing it out, but can’t take it back.
It's probably for the best that you gave up your attempts at trolling after this absolute mess of a post.

Was on Tinkerville TV to watch their highlights. Hmm they seemed to have missed the footage of thuggery by Rooney to get sent off. The same player who was in the papers yesterday hoping that County fans were in high spirits for yesterday's game. I can confirm that we were in tremendous spirits at full time and afterwards thanks very much.

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

I'd estimate roughly 85-90% of the away end had fans in it.

It was completely lawless in there too, even by it's usual standards.  I was sat just along from the singing section and it was pretty rammed - even the stairs were packed.  You get some folk who move around willy nilly and others are adamant they'd sit in their allocated seat.  Perhaps they'd be better splitting the stand (or something) in future and have one half with allocated seats and the other a general admission area.

Edited by Highland Capital

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Of all Sophia’s trolling, that’s the post you bit at?

The post was a substantive one that endeavoured to put moronic sectarianism in a historical and highland cultural context.

As much as I've immediately warmed to @Merkincher Clach & County I fear that our respective views on the world will be forever incompatible.

As far as the game goes and for all of the joy that the result has elicited, not much has changed.

Caley aren't in the title race, have no money and the January window will play a part in revealing how well those that do will prosper.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

The post was a substantive one that endeavoured to put moronic sectarianism in a historical and highland cultural context.

As much as I've immediately warmed to @Merkincher Clach & County I fear that our respective views on the world will be forever incompatible.

As far as the game goes and for all of the joy that the result has elicited, not much has changed.

Caley aren't in the title race, have no money and the January window will play a part in revealing how well those that do will prosper.

Have to disagree with you on that one.

Caley are very much , still in the title race, they might not be far away.

I try to deal in facts and the occasional windup.

Most of what I say is based on facts.

If Caley had the money for a decent manager, not a has been, who is more interested in Hearts than Caley, they might just might have a chance of promotion to the SPL, ok that could be through the play offs.

Afraid Robertson has the wrong tactics most weeks.

Draw, draw, draw, after draw, with the occasional defeat.

Why were the caley young team signing ‘here we go, 10 in a row’ baffled with that one... 10 in a row since the last derby Inverness won? Close now.

Even more comical the chats of ‘we’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the premier league we’re on our way’ while drawing 1-1 and at the time still about 10 points off top.

Fair play to them actual trying to make a bit of atmosphere though when our younger supporters get shut down

The gift that keeps on giving, happy new year lads xx