Highland Derby

Well that was wonderful. Even if we were shit, we won the game, wound up the Caley and are top of the tree for the New Year celebrations. GIRUY. The bite that was lost from Highland Derby in the latter stages of our stay in the Prem IMO is most definitely back.

42 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Well that was wonderful. Even if we were shit, we won the game, wound up the Caley and are top of the tree for the New Year celebrations. GIRUY. The bite that was lost from Highland Derby in the latter stages of our stay in the Prem IMO is most definitely back.

I'm happy for you young Mark and I hope you enjoy your evening.

Two words by way of coaching....

Watch out for those pine needles

If you're going to the strath, take your time and enjoy the dancing

An undeserved derby win?

Ross Draper showing off some #textbook badge thumping?

Brian Graham lamping a faceless Caley jobber?

RossStewartMania running wild?

County extending their lead at the top despite another lackadaisical  performance?

Sounds like it was a delightful afternoon.

giphy.gif

Edited by yoda

3 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Seeing every thing from the young ones to the old pensioners giving the hand gestures to the caley fans in the east stand is what you want from a derby! 

Yes, you out-hand-gestured us again. Must've been a great atmosphere for the deaf. 

I think Brian Graham  was hard done by...
DvnkLxoXgAs4Jxf.jpg:large&key=d38e8f146ea83cffc9ba24930ce7d51fa1e5e1e4e097a628c9124119d4d37bb6

It’s in situations like these where we should follow what they do in Ice Hockey. Just get the rest of the players away and let them fight it out until there’s only one standing, and then send them off. Would be much more entertaining.

Football can be so strange!

Never in my life have I so thoroughly enjoyed a game of football which I found so thoroughly miserable for so very long.

That game was like a 90-minute summary of our season so far: Injuries; huge swathes of absolutely dire football; County came out on top.

I wasn't there for BurstBeachBalls. I did witness LiamBoyce4-0. But for the very nature of it all, yesterday has undoubtedly become my favourite Dingwall derby experience. Off the scale PLEASING.

Image result for gatsby gif

Edited to add: I really hope someone got a photo of Fox's celebrations at the winning goal, it made for an extremely photogenic scene!

Edited by The Great Stagsby

What got Graham so riled up? He looked absolutely raging when he was sent off, I didn't see what kicked it all off but there must have been something before the grapple/headlock as he was paying no attention to the ball when he collided with the Caley lad.

I could watch the stramash all day.  Some of the shit-stirring by Polworth, Morris and co. is hilarious :lol:  Shame the first-half tussle wasn't shown as well.

That lad Rooney has made a clown of himself in two derbies running now.

Rooney’s a big unit. Did realise how big he was. Quite why he want after Mckay after being sent off, I have no idea. Could be looking a few game suspension, I’d imagine.

That’s a terrific header by Stewart for the winner. Reminiscent of the kind of header Boyce would score against that lot.

Terrific finish by the much maligned Jordan White for ICT, and the Caley keeper has to be doing much better for County’s first, even if the right back is in dreamworld.

Edit: McManus’s camp shooing to Rooney mustn’t be overlooked in the hilarity of that dustup.

Absolute sickener to lose that one. However as so many of us have been saying for weeks if not months we cannot keep wasting these golden chances to score and expect to win games and that was the same with yesterday. We could have been about 4 - 1 up going into the last 15 minutes but after Walsh missed the target with a lovely sidefooted shot County seemed to press us back and you could sense the momentum was shifting albeit they didn't create anything too clear cut until the eventual winner.

Easy to say with hindsight but when County did start to push us back I would have liked to have seen Robbo bring on Mackay for Doran to try and get back on top of things. Most of our threats came behind the County left midfielder and left CB with Walsh getting a lot of time and space to send crosses in. Again he tired as the game went on and this was probably another reason County were able to push as back.

White is such a bizarre player. Another nice tidy finish yesterday but other times his first touch was garbage, he struggled to win headers and moves broke down because of his apparent inability to control a football. Polworth also had a very quiet game but County were on top of our players almost any time they had the ball in the first half. Their closing down was excellent.

Incredible stramash at the end. Not sure what Graham was thinking. The game was pretty much won and if he wins that header he could be off to the corner flag to run the clock down. Instead he launches his arm into the face of Donaldson then starts throwing punches all over the shop :lol: I guess Rooney got sent off for a headbutt as it looked like someone threw their head into a County player. Absolutely disgraceful scenes to end the game. More please!