Highland Derby

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

To be a pedant, we've actually sold out our allocation.  No idea what it was, but we've asked for more tickets.

The east stand extension (old ice cream stand) is opened for home fans so presumably you asked for more tickets for the away stand.....

1 minute ago, StoneThrowAway said:

The east stand extension (old ice cream stand) is opened for home fans so presumably you asked for more tickets for the away stand.....

Not sure why as there's PATG available for the away stand.  Unless there's loads of fans who can't be arsed queuing for one outside the ground I suppose.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

When I watched the highlights of Tiffoney running at the ICT defence from Morton's left flank before scoring, I immediately thought of Gardyne carrying off that kind of dribble.

Does Stewart deserve to be dropped though, after scoring last weekend?  I'd put Gardyne back in.  Stewart still has a lot to learn about what positions he should be taking up, but he is still a nuisance.

I agree with @StoneThrowAway re Polworth, the last derby was the first time I saw him in the flesh since his red card in that 4-0 rout a couple of seasons ago.  I thought he was a level above his team-mates.  A transformed player from before. 

I'm not sure. I have a lot of time for Stewart who's doing his best out wide without having a scooby of what he's supposed to do, but I'm not convinced we have the personnel to go for a straight forward two in midfield. Harsh on Stewart and he's a goal threat but Midge is the better all round player.

12 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Thought Polworth ran the last derby game 

I'm moved to agree with this insightful observation.

In fact he was as positively effective in the first derby game this season until Vigurs (he's got previous) assaulted him.

I'd expect that the officials will be wise to such highland games shenanigans this time.

Mark Ridgers will be key for us getting a result in this one imho.  The only worry I have is, where are the goals coming from as we don't really have a natural goalscorer. 

For this I'd go with this:

Ridgers

Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco (he is fit for this according to P and J) 

Polworth Welsh Chalmers Doran 

Walsh 

Oakley. 

We're likely to give you at least one golden chance to score from sloppiness/bad decision making, so there's a good chance you'll score at least one.

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Mark Ridgers will be key for us getting a result in this one imho.  The only worry I have is, where are the goals coming from as we don't really have a natural goalscorer. 

For this I'd go with this:

Ridgers

Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco (he is fit for this according to P and J) 

Polworth Welsh Chalmers Doran 

Walsh 

Oakley. 

That's probably about as strong a line-up as we can put out from our current squad, but yeah, as @Highland Capital says, don't waste Polworth out wide. Swap Walsh with Polworth in the formation you've suggested and that's probably what I'd go with, although it might be a bit of a gamble to throw Tremarco straight back in even if he is supposed to be fit. 

Tremarco wiping out Mullin oh my :unsure2:
Can see that happening if he was to start due to lack of fitness. After Calder completely nullified him in the last game AND still got forward to supply some delicious crosses most of us thought that Tremarco would struggle to get back in the side. Then came the shoe incident...

My first derby in far too long and I am fucking buzzin for it. Shame Vigurs isn't fully fit as he loves being on the wind up in these games (might still get to do it from the bench). After the second half in Ayr, (ok, we limped past Partick but they were a penalty away from getting a point off this mob)  I feel confident we  can win this easily tomorrow. Team obviously disapointed with the past draws going by the pre match amble so will be up for it. If Mullin even has a semi good game, he can tear any LB in this league to shreds.   3-1 County (Mullin, McKay, Cowie). Top of the tree going into new year. All will be well.

In front of a sell out too. Honestly cant wait. The A9 never looked so good

Thought we'd beat Caley when we've played them twice this season and on both occasions Caley could have had shouts at winning and being the better side in both-I think we may go with the same side who beat Partick. It appears Vigurs wasn't booked for having a go at Beaton, so if he's fit, I assume he'll come on at some point.
Gutted to be missing the game and the obligatory taking over of the Mallard, I was also expecting a doing the last twice we played each other but was pleasantly surprised by how we acquitted ourselves and how poor County were in comparison for large chunks of both matches. Makes me think we might be in with a shout today, but...
Absolutely. He's assembled a reasonable enough team on a shoe string budget. I fear this could be the game where County are able to show us what their massive financial backing should really have allowed them to show long before now.
This. We didn't win either of the last encounters despite being on top and the fear that we might be on the wrong end of a pumping is very much still there.

Would be content to take a draw, as out-of-character as that result would be for us.