Highland Derby

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Heard on Saturday this was a sell out? Good effort. I'll probably be putting a draw on my weekend coupon...

What I've heard was that by last Saturday, Caley Thistle only had 22 tickets left to sell, but were going to try and get a couple hundred more.  I assume they mean that seating where the gazebo used to be (bring it back!).

19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm hopeful of a win, but ICT have a real no surrender attitude that makes them difficult to beat.

Looking forward to a rousing chorus of WATP (We Are The Pensioners). 

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

What I've heard was that by last Saturday, Caley Thistle only had 22 tickets left to sell, but were going to try and get a couple hundred more.  I assume they mean that seating where the gazebo used to be (bring it back!).

This isn't in any way shape or form a surprise to me.

The Caley support do tend to put petty pretences aside in favour of contributing to the spectacle.

It's a shame that the compliment doesn't seem to be returned these days and I only hope that the final derby fixture of the season and a quirk of scheduling might allow for the opportunity for Roy County to win the league in Inverness. 

11 hours ago, sophia said:

At this juncture I'd like to take the opportunity of reminding you on the imperialist inception of your club and more generally on how simple minded country folk were fooled into buying into a structure that was designed to keep all of the power and money for the British elite with the local foot soldiers carrying the burden and risk.

If historical facts are too heavy, perhaps it's a good thing that the game falls on a Saturday this year and those that would otherwise boycott a Sunday fixture can feel free to attend. It does perturb me that in modern Scotland bigoted institutions are patronised and whereas they don't seem to be prospering, they do rather persist.

10 hours ago, CountyFan said:

I'd rather an imperialist inception than a cut and paste one. 

What's all this about then? Another example of the state broadcaster keeping the truth from the populace? I just assumed, like most people, that County were formed by (ahem) a merger of Victoria and Thistle, no?

28 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

What's all this about then? Another example of the state broadcaster keeping the truth from the populace? I just assumed, like most people, that County were formed by (ahem) a merger of Victoria and Thistle, no?

I'm not sure that this is entirely fair but I do hope that CountyFan can come back with a particularly witty and erudite retort.

Credit to John Robertson. He's got a squad mostly filled with absolute dross (Polworth, Donaldson, and Tremarco aside) sitting fourth and they've raised their game in both fixtures against County this season.  I expect they'll do so again.

When he plays as a number 10 or a bit deeper, Polworth is a good player who could (and has) played in the Premiership.  For some reason though, our last three managers seem desperate to turn him into a winger, which *really* doesn't suit him.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Credit to John Robertson. He's got a squad mostly filled with absolute dross (Polworth, Donaldson, and Tremarco aside) sitting fourth and they've raised their game in both fixtures against County this season.  I expect they'll do so again.

Absolutely. He's assembled a reasonable enough team on a shoe string budget. I fear this could be the game where County are able to show us what their massive financial backing should really have allowed them to show long before now.

On 24/12/2018 at 20:32, sophia said:

You're losing it bb.

Time to bring back your Tyler alter ego

Lifting your post from ignore after getting a notification wasn’t worth it, sadly. Lesson learned.

As far as alias accusations go, I’d much rather take Stagsby. Tyler was mostly amusing but his Israel stuff wasn’t my cup of tea. 

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Lifting your post from ignore after getting a notification wasn’t worth it, sadly. Lesson learned.

As far as alias accusations go, I’d much rather take Stagsby. Tyler was mostly amusing but his Israel stuff wasn’t my cup of tea. 

That was kinda the joke.

You can take a joke can't you?

8 hours ago, yoda said:

^^^

A bit of bating that is masterful.

I like to think that there is honour in sustainable construction.

18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

When he plays as a number 10 or a bit deeper, Polworth is a good player who could (and has) played in the Premiership.  For some reason though, our last three managers seem desperate to turn him into a winger, which *really* doesn't suit him.

Thought Polworth ran the last derby game and it was probably the first time I’ve been impressed with him. 

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Hoping this will be Midge's first full game back, we look far better balanced with Mullin down the right and Midge on the left.

When I watched the highlights of Tiffoney running at the ICT defence from Morton's left flank before scoring, I immediately thought of Gardyne carrying off that kind of dribble.

Does Stewart deserve to be dropped though, after scoring last weekend?  I'd put Gardyne back in.  Stewart still has a lot to learn about what positions he should be taking up, but he is still a nuisance.

I agree with @StoneThrowAway re Polworth, the last derby was the first time I saw him in the flesh since his red card in that 4-0 rout a couple of seasons ago.  I thought he was a level above his team-mates.  A transformed player from before. 

Edited by bunglebonce

Just had a look on the interactive ticket map there - 92 tickets left in the home end so they've decided to open the North East Stand Extension to home fans. Caley have sold 1,164 tickets so just under half of the allocation but I imagine they'll be a lot turning up on the day. Looks to be a healthy crowd anyway.