Partick v Tonwell Santa is due Tuesday

Well Santa is due to call Tuesday will he gift us the solution to how we win this one?

Got a couple of friends coming up from London for this one maybe the drones will cause a call off.

Not sure what team we can put out does anyone have a spare centre back?

Probably pull off a shocker and win 3-0

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst team in the division over the last six games, in which time we've managed a grand total of three points and two goals. For the next game on the back of that delightful run, where a defeat could leave us just five points from 9th, we add Tidser being suspended and possibly only having one centre back available, dependent on Buchanan's injury.

So I'm looking forward to this, obviously.

“For when the One Great Scorer

comes to mark against your name,

He writes not that you won or lost,

but whether the lads had a great week in training”

Home team normally wins this fixture, but unfortunately we're the home team, so probably not.

A game featuring two absolute duds in each dugout who wouldn’t even be allowed to run a Junior team if it weren’t for their completely irrelevant playing careers - it’s set to be a thriller then.

Given our struggle to put any defenders on the park I’ll go for a comfortable home win.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

A game featuring two absolute duds in each dugout who wouldn’t even be allowed to run a Junior team if it weren’t for their completely irrelevant playing careers - it’s set to be a thriller then.

Given our struggle to put any defenders on the park I’ll go for a comfortable home win.

" 'Tis the season to be jolly...,...."

:lol:

I'm hopeful that one of Iredale or Buchanan will be fit enough to play this weekend, as I don't fancy seeing Jim McAlister playing centre half again, even if he did fill in there admirably enough against Caley Thistle.

I don't anticipate a lot of goals in this one. First team to score wins.

3 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I'm hopeful that one of Iredale or Buchanan will be fit enough to play this weekend, as I don't fancy seeing Jim McAlister playing centre half again, even if he did fill in there admirably enough against Caley Thistle.

I don't anticipate a lot of goals in this one. First team to score wins.

Unless it’s mysteriously disallowed. 

However, as others have hinted, stick on home win.

Really can't be bothered travelling up for this one.  We barely have 11 fit players.

However:  I'd like to see Tiffoney and Lyon start.  They made a huge difference last Saturday when they came on.

There's been plenty of these threads over the past couple of years  which start off with "we're shite" no we're even worse "no  we are the worst team ever."

Spoiler - they all end with us losing at least 2-0 and opposition fans coming on after full time to go "f**k me we didn't realise just how shite you were"

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

There's been plenty of these threads over the past couple of years  which start off with "we're shite" no we're even worse "no  we are the worst team ever."

Spoiler - they all end with us losing at least 2-0 and opposition fans coming on after full time to go "f**k me we didn't realise just how shite you were"

True, these threads are common across P&B with fans of various clubs insisting they're worse, but the last time we were at Firhill it was your fans insisting on the shitness while talking about large sums of money on Morton, and you won 1-0 which would have been 2 had it not been for the worst refereeing decision of the season by a mile.

Admittedly you've got much worse since then, but so have we. We're the worst team in the division on current form and there's indication that we're close to turning it round.

What tremendous managerial appointments we both made.

I have the utmost faith in Gary Caldwell and his footballing philosophy. Jags possession 60%, Morton possession 40%. Probably a similar amount of goals at each end, zero but that’s inconsequential when it comes to playing the game the right way...

I’m off to check to see if our esteemed leader has put up his prematch thoughts on Pravda Thistle TV...

A pre-match thread that hasn't even got past 1 page really highlights the  apathy amongst both team's supports. Against my better judgement i am going to make the trip up to this, in hope that an improved last 30 minutes from last week can carry over into today.

Archived