shite christmas presents

When I was around 4yo I distinctly remember my mum being given an exercise bike by my dad. I hope to God she asked him to purchase it but I just don't know. They're still together so I assume it was a request but even 4yo me was wondering just what the f**k he was thinking.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
My mate told me yesterday that he has got his wife seeds to grow a thistle,  £1.25.

What time of you year do you start to grow the thitsles ?

He said any time. He got her a pot to put in as well.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Talking about shite Christmas presents, does anybody know when the Barras shuts tonight cos I better be making a move soon to buy the missus something.

24 hour Esso garage is your friend mate.

Get her a bottle of screenwash, a grab bag of Doritos and a copy of Chat magazine, she'll fucking love that.

A gift of anti-wrinkle cream to the wife carries a high risk of a barny.

My mum was going on about these things and said she’d need to get them as she’s getting wrinkled around her eyes. My dad remembered this and spent a fortune on whatever the ones were she had mentioned. Her face was a feckin picture when she opened it. My dad had no idea what he’d done wrong as he said “It’s the only f@&!?n thing you said you wanted all year. “

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2018/12/19/worst-gifts-boyfriends-give-girlfriends-can-opener-sonogram/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f06d1de3ec2c

When Jennifer Purdie’s new boyfriend handed her a jewelry box, she felt embarrassed that she’d been outdone. They’d been dating only two months! She had assumed that they’d go small and sweet with their Christmas gifts, so she had baked him cookies. And here he was, giving her jewelry.

Or was he?

Purdie, then in her mid-20s, opened the box to find a slip of paper. It was a sonogram — an image of the inside of another woman’s uterus. Purdie was confused. Maybe this was his way of announcing he was going to be an uncle?

Wrong again. “I’m going to be a daddy!” her boyfriend said. No, he hadn’t cheated on Purdie — he’d just (accidentally) gotten his ex-girlfriend pregnant before they broke up, and this was his way of sharing the news.

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

24 hour Esso garage is your friend mate.

Get her a bottle of screenwash, a grab bag of Doritos and a copy of Chat magazine, she'll fucking love that.

Jasper Carrott used to have a line about knowing when people had forgotten to buy you anything until they were on the way over.

"The only places open on Christmas Day are petrol stations and Asian grocers. I can't tell you how many times I've been given a packet of dried yams and two dozen sachets of windscreen wash."

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Jasper Carrott used to have a line about knowing when people had forgotten to buy you anything until they were on the way over.

"The only places open on Christmas Day are petrol stations and Asian grocers. I can't tell you how many times I've been given a packet of dried yams and two dozen sachets of windscreen wash."

That'll be why he's not on the telly any more.