Clyde v QP

an86

33 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Could you clarify please. Our Twitter feed mentions gates D, E & F for card payment but doesn't say if any of these are away gates. Are any of these gates for QP?

Don’t think there is an away turnstile as such, just use the same ones then away fans go to the usual end at the far left of the stand. 

As for Goodwillie, he hasn’t been playing well for the last couple of months I’d say. Still sticking a few in but not been that good. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Goodwillie, he hasn’t been playing well for the last couple of months I’d say. Still sticking a few in but not been that good. 

Football’s a funny game. 2 fans can have 2 majorly different opinions. For me Goodwillie has been one of our top performers every game the only thing he’s struggling with is scoring, he’s still creating chances and skipping past players just struggling sometimes to finish.

Confidence and momentum are two critical factors for a winning team and we're low on both at the moment. Every tide has to turn though and we were in the trough before the last Clyde fixture and came out of that well. A tight score draw would be a good lift for us. Hopefully Hawke is back at the right end.

51 minutes ago, clyde_darren said:

Football’s a funny game. 2 fans can have 2 majorly different opinions. For me Goodwillie has been one of our top performers every game the only thing he’s struggling with is scoring, he’s still creating chances and skipping past players just struggling sometimes to finish.

I completely agree, might not be as prolific as last year, but as a player he has still been creating his own chances and massive influence on the team. Still would not swap him for anyone outside the SPFL, even at that not many  of them either. Must have hit the woodwork a dozen times this year

I completely agree, might not be as prolific as last year, but as a player he has still been creating his own chances and massive influence on the team. Still would not swap him for anyone outside the SPFL, even at that not many  of them either. Must have hit the woodwork a dozen times this year

Wouldn't disagree about not swapping him for anyone else. We all know his quality. 

However, the Goodwillie of last season and the Goodwillie of this season are miles apart.

Not only is he missing more chances but his passing and decision making have been poor.

I think that's probably down to confidence.

Recently I've seen a few signs that his form is improving which is welcome.

Goodie is a natural goalscorer and his scoring touch will return absolutely no doubt about it, i have been thinking for a few weeks now that someone is going to suffer if things start going his way again, hopefully it will be Saturday.  His overall performances have improved the past few weeks after a quietish spell but his attitude and effort is second to none, if anything i feel he has been trying too hard and trying to do too much himself and picking the wrong options.

Starting to feel pretty confident for Saturday, that is quite worrying.

20 minutes ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Hopefully we can get a crowd over 1,000 tomorrow - good wee boost to the players and our club !!!

Indeed, that would be most welcome. The players are responding superbly to the supporters this year, certainly miles above the odd selfie and on-your-way the last bunch thought was their job lot. The current team only see supporters and goodwill, nothing else, real or imagined. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Jack Boyle to start again as he’s had an impact since coming back in. Especially since QP will probably be tough to break down. He can find the pass to put goodie in. 

You may be in for a pleasant surprise if recent games are anything to go by. 

54 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Can't see that happening with the Bullingdon Club getting their knickers in a twist about using contactless.  

Show some respect. The black and white pound will be paying the bail money for your next signing. 

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Based on your board’s calculations at Hampden we’ll be bringing at least 3000.

We'll never know the true attendance given their new tax fiddle ticketing system. 

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Based on your board’s calculations at Hampden we’ll be bringing at least 3000.

No no no. 

The advisor responsible for such thoroughly stupid projections was binned over a decade ago!

The removal of currency handling involving renumerated staff is a good thing. It ensures we, and indeed you highly welcome visiting supporters, are no-one's quick bung. 

Archived