• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
18BAIRN76

Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

Completely agree which this makes this Paton hero-worship (albeit from the usual suspects) all the more bizarre.
Who is hero worshipping Paton?

Don't see any reason why we'd get a doing here. Ray has us well set up defensively with 3 defensive midfielders, so we won't concede many if at all. 

With Paton out and McKee still injured, I'd bring back Harrison and push Muirhead into midfield where he's been very effective previously.

Mitchell

Kidd McGhee Harrison Brough Robson

Muirhead Buaben Sammut

Petravicius Rudden

Don't see any reason why we'd get a doing here. Ray has us well set up defensively with 3 defensive midfielders, so we won't concede many if at all. 
With Paton out and McKee still injured, I'd bring back Harrison and push Muirhead into midfield where he's been very effective previously.
Mitchell
Muirhead Buaben Sammut
Petravicius Rudden
To the best of my knowledge, he has been effective there in one game. He has been shite there in at least 1 and probably nore that I havent seen.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
Mitchell
Muirhead Buaben Sammut
Petravicius Rudden

To the best of my knowledge, he has been effective there in one game. He has been shite there in at least 1 and probably nore that I havent seen.

Played well in that position against Ross County away and our win at Inverness.

We don't have many other options anyway with Paton and McKee out. Irving is the last thing we need for a game like this. Having said that, Muirhead or McGhee at right back with Lewis Kidd going to midfield could be a possibility.

Edited by EdiBairn

Played well in that position against Ross County away and our win at Inverness.
We don't have many other options anyway with Paton and McKee out. Irving is the last thing we need for a game like this. Having said that, Muirhead or McGhee at right back with Lewis Kidd going to midfield could be a possibility.
Odd that you would mention the County away game, considering the stand out performance for us that day was your boy Lewis Kidds, standing out for taking an absolute rinsing from Gardyne.....

Aero is shite defence or midfield. Wish it wasnt so, but he has regressed badly this seaaon.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Odd that you would mention the County away game, considering the stand out performance for us that day was your boy Lewis Kidds, standing out for taking an absolute rinsing from Gardyne.....

Aero is shite defence or midfield. Wish it wasnt so, but he has regressed badly this seaaon.

tbf on that one it's just more noticeable with the poor effort of signings we had during the close season.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not saying he's a world beater. However, he's certainly a far better player than the vast majority of our squad at the moment. 

Muirhead, Kidd and McKee are at least proven, average championship players so need to be the first names on the team sheet when available for the moment.

Comparing our midfield is like comparing what type shite you have in the morning. Whatever type it is you always feel better when it has gone

Thanks for these beautiful words Shakespeare, I was having my lunch whilst reading this.

Thanks for these beautiful words Shakespeare, I was having my lunch whilst reading this.
Which you will ironically feel better about when you shite it out.

The circle is complete.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think Aero's best position could well be up front! He's no slouch, has a bit of presence and strength, would be ok in the air and we know he has a good finish in him. Of course he would be average at best but that's what he's been everywhere else he's played.

3-0 Falkirk, AJ sacked and Joseph Cardle becomes the Pars' new player/coach.

In all honesty I'm really struggling to care about this encounter on Saturday. Will probably head along but the least excited I've probably ever been about a Falkirk game.